[2.3] Valkyrie Re-Launch

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks Smeg,

ColdFusion is currently converting the whole server to run from SQL as opposed to the old flat file db format.
After that he will be upgrading from the old directx engine to SharpDX this will allow us access to betters shaders ect.

After that he will be programming in the korean archer class and removing the old c files archer.
The skills and play style will be my own custom design.

After hes finished those massive projects we have ideas for other nice new features.

I am currently working on

Increasing the smoothness of gameplay
wiping and re starting the drop files from scratch
Adding around 20 new skills across the current 4 classes (until archer is ready)
Finishing the ice expansion.
adding a new custom UI made from scratch. (With the help of the main man @Breezer)
Completing the main story line quests to run all the way up to level 80+

Also the map i showed earlier will contain a brand new play style mechanic that i will need to run an open beta to fully test its mechanics, its that different.
ill make a separate post about this one later.

much more going on but this is just a snippet.

Regards
Valkyrie

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Nice update.

any chance to get this thread cleaned up so it's just the updates / feedback please.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Nice update.

any chance to get this thread cleaned up so it's just the updates / feedback please.
Ye defo would be worth making a new thread that no one can reply on so its easier to read, just keep this one or lomcn discord (ask for a channel if need be) for the spam

Reactions: Piff1

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Should be posted in upcoming servers at this point.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
Thanks Smeg,

ColdFusion is currently converting the whole server to run from SQL as opposed to the old flat file db format.
After that he will be upgrading from the old directx engine to SharpDX this will allow us access to betters shaders ect.

After that he will be programming in the korean archer class and removing the old c files archer.

After hes finished those massive projects we have ideas for other nice new features.

Adding around 20 new skills across the current 4 classes (until archer is ready)
adding a new custom UI made from scratch. (With the help of the main man @Breezer)

Also the map i showed earlier will contain a brand new play style mechanic that i will need to run an open beta to fully test its mechanics, its that different.

Regards
Valkyrie
Can I release the files of the previous server, I want to experience it myself, play stand-alone
Post automatically merged:

Can you release the files of the previous server, I want to experience it myself, play stand-alone

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
Thanks Smeg,

Regards
Valkyrie

Any plan to have a mechanic which keeps the server remotely balanced level wise? Instead of a small few racing ahead, dominating everything, and it just getting stale really quickly?

Or will casual players be treat like second class citizens like usual...

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
No I have already implemented a catchup mechanic to replace rested exp. it’s much better.

Actually looking back it was your idea @holo so thanks for the suggestion it was a good one :)

Reactions: Piff1

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
No I have already implemented a catchup mechanic to replace rested exp. it’s much better.

Actually looking back it was your idea @holo so thanks for the suggestion it was a good one :)
Then I'll have to check it out. If you need any more ideas msg me, though my main advice would be see what is working on other mmos and retrofit it into mir. There's good reason for WoW being so popular. Or at least was super popular and now in decline because of failing to maintain what did work.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Go check the LOMCN discord mir-2 section / Valkyrie Discord, hes putting some stuff on there of new mobs / spells / weapons, some pretty nice stuff in there the downside it's a massive task, Not sure if it's done yet but he was Converting over to SQL.

SynteX

I own myself
Supporter
Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
World Of Mir
Go check the LOMCN discord mir-2 section / Valkyrie Discord, hes putting some stuff on there of new mobs / spells / weapons, some pretty nice stuff in there the downside it's a massive task, Not sure if it's done yet but he was Converting over to SQL.
Share the discord link xd

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Sorry -

only just seen these dont know why.

working on a lot of big things atm, ive posted some stuff into the discord but not loads.

it is happening 100% but no idea on timescales.

UyKbBAh.png

Early stages of the new UI being built by @Breezer

Regards

Last edited:

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Hi -

just an update, this is now in Full Swing.

Team is below

Myself,
ColdFusion (Programmer)
Hany (Programmer)
Breezer (Designer)
Smir/Martyn (GameMaster)

This time it will be a 6 class mir.

Regards

Last edited:

Remedi

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 2, 2017
Hi -

just an update, this is now in Full Swing.

Team is below

Myself,
ColdFusion (Programmer)
Hany (Programmer)
Breezer (Designer)
Smir/Martyn (GameMaster)

This time it will be a 6 class mir.

Regards
I am happy to hear this,Is there a beta soon? I cant wait :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.