[2.3] Valkyrie Re-Launch

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Yes a mir2 server on mir3 files... Good idea.

Take out Rested exp - Add a global 5 or 10% buff.

Fix MR/PR

Make the big skills end game actually obtainable and no 1 dropping every month which just went to p2w player instantly.

Add the Ice Expansion and fix up a few other caves.

= 100X better than anything up now and will remain the best until Jamie comes back with Saphire or Samuel makes Chronicles 2.

Valkyrie has been the best server in a long while, **** i'd play again just to use orbital bombardment.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Actually? yeah.

But I'd change a lot of things, personally.

I think what i suggested above was massive part to why the UC flopped.

Also the UC being taken off LOMCN was hella unfair. Was quite Clear Tai had some sort of grudge toward Valk, Prim got called for doing the EXACT same thing, ( UC over by acount 8-14 people to what was ingame ) nothing was ever done about it. The reply i got was " It updates slowly on LOMCN" yet that wasn't the case when investigated into Valk UC.

Also would not use a Discord this time around.

Reactions: marloner3224

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I don't see a reason not too.
You will have all the annoying bugs and fixes that bothered people before out of the way so should have a pretty clean set of files to work with.
Possibly change the starting area though (imo anyway) as it seemed very cluttered town, but other than that, good luck!
Post automatically merged:

I think what i suggested above was massive part to why the UC flopped.

Also the UC being taken off LOMCN was hella unfair. Was quite Clear Tai had some sort of grudge toward Valk, Prim got called for doing the EXACT same thing, ( UC over by acount 8-14 people to what was ingame ) nothing was ever done about it. The reply i got was " It updates slowly on LOMCN" yet that wasn't the case when investigated into Valk UC.

Also would not use a Discord this time around.

not to deviate from the OP; but we didn't actually have any differentials between here and the UC there.
I think TAI was actually on the server when it was reporting back consistently higher UC (I can't be certain as it felt like many moons ago when that fiasco happened).

EditEdit:
I would recommend Discord, but potentially only have it for live updates rather than general chat, it does give the GM(s) a headache! haha

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I'll second lights comments. I hadn't used Discord before playing Prim, **** me it nearly put me off completely! All it takes it some completely unjustified cry from a player and a few other numpties to agree and it kills the motivations to play - 99 times out of 100 their comment is bullshit in the first place.

Not to mention people generally arguing in general chat, keep it to pms ingame people!!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Agreed, don't use discord it's a toxic echochamber - and hire a community manager. Someone to handle the plebs. (Not me, i'm done with Mir) but seriously, the less you have to talk to people, the better you can focus on actually getting work done.

Reactions: Belfazor and zedina

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I don't see a reason not too.
You will have all the annoying bugs and fixes that bothered people before out of the way so should have a pretty clean set of files to work with.
Possibly change the starting area though (imo anyway) as it seemed very cluttered town, but other than that, good luck!
Post automatically merged:

not to deviate from the OP; but we didn't actually have any differentials between here and the UC there.
I think TAI was actually on the server when it was reporting back consistently higher UC (I can't be certain as it felt like many moons ago when that fiasco happened).

EditEdit:
I would recommend Discord, but potentially only have it for live updates rather than general chat, it does give the GM(s) a headache! haha

Oh by no means was this a dig at you or prim mate, just facts are Tai handled the Valk situation pretty shitty considering there servers like Arcadia with so many stalls that is still accepted, i know for a fact Valk never done anything to enhance that UC on lomcn, he really did just get ****ed out of displaying his usercount for 0 reason what so ever.

How you've had Prim discord set up recently was nice, until you added General back then in flooded back the Plebs. Discord really should just be for Update posts / Bugs / To let know server's down. Shouldn't even be a general and all channels should be in like atleast 2 minute slow down.

Reactions: LightBringer

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Agreed, don't use discord it's a toxic echochamber - and hire a community manager. Someone to handle the plebs. (Not me, i'm done with Mir) but seriously, the less you have to talk to people, the better you can focus on actually getting work done.

20% Mir Server development
80% Customer Services

Living the dream

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I've been speaking to Valk if he was to re-lauch.

Rested exp would be gone and just add a small Global exp buff.
MR+PR would be 100% fixed.
Some of the Higher Tier spells would be easier to come across.
Loads more quests with non-repair items in there with good stats.
To re-lease the ice-bdd patch with full AI's so there would be plenty more content then previous and by time people got there more would most likely be lined up.
Fully stable server with no crashs.

Sure he has a bunch more but haven't spoken to him too much on discord.

• Haha
Reactions: Pete107

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I've been speaking to Valk if he was to re-lauch.

Rested exp would be gone and just add a small Global exp buff.
MR+PR would be 100% fixed.
Some of the Higher Tier spells would be easier to come across.
Loads more quests with non-repair items in there with good stats.
To re-lease the ice-bdd patch with full AI's so there would be plenty more content then previous and by time people got there more would most likely be lined up.
Fully stable server with no crashs.

Sure he has a bunch more but haven't spoken to him too much on discord.

With regards to rested, if its not rested, there isn't really a point to having a global exp buff.
The point of rested is for people who don't play as much to have that small bit of exp buff to catch up..? - just don't have a buff if you aren't keeping rested.

seems good but I wouldn't promise no crashes on a server, as if you have 1 crash, all hell will rain down on you, you have to be realistic that crashes will happen, its just the response to fix them that is usually measured.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
With regards to rested, if its not rested, there isn't really a point to having a global exp buff.
The point of rested is for people who don't play as much to have that small bit of exp buff to catch up..? - just don't have a buff if you aren't keeping rested.

seems good but I wouldn't promise no crashes on a server, as if you have 1 crash, all hell will rain down on you, you have to be realistic that crashes will happen, its just the response to fix them that is usually measured.
Don't bother, tried explaining how the people working on servers aren't some big AAA games company with a bunch of developers along with the QA team, then the hundreds of testers before general release.

• Haha

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
It is very doable to make the server crash free as most of the crashes are NULL exceptions. The issue is that there are a lot of unhandled code in the Crystal Source. My team just did phase one internal testing and couldn't get the server to crash at all. We tried as much as we could to crash it. Might be a different story when there are more players on. But the point is, with some effort it can be done.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It is very doable to make the server crash free as most of the crashes are NULL exceptions. The issue is that there are a lot of unhandled code in the Crystal Source. My team just did phase one internal testing and couldn't get the server to crash at all. We tried as much as we could to crash it. Might be a different story when there are more players on. But the point is, with some effort it can be done.

100% agree, it can be done, but never promise it will be crash free. As Mir players use your words against you as soon as something happens.

Like I said, I always expected servers I played to crash, but it is the communication about the crash and that it gets fixed.
There is no mir server here (that I am aware of) that has dedicated developers that don't have anything else to do in life (jobs, family etc.)

Reactions: ventus and Violent

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
100% agree, it can be done, but never promise it will be crash free. As Mir players use your words against you as soon as something happens.

Like I said, I always expected servers I played to crash, but it is the communication about the crash and that it gets fixed.
There is no mir server here (that I am aware of) that has dedicated developers that don't have anything else to do in life (jobs, family etc.)

Oh definetly, you shouldn't never claim that. You just set yourself up to fall. Where I work we use the term "98% up time" as you want to show people that you have a stable system, but at the same time allow a 2% chance that for whatever reason there may be a mishap.

But what I was meaning to say without making it look like I was bragging (which reading back it did sound like I was), is that it is possible to get a server a lot more stable. It just requires a lot of code reviewing, unless you code a system that handles that for you.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Pete just because you personally hate me because i said your code is **** ( open up eden elite source its ******* terrible ) so it's not like im lying, don't come here putting a shitter on Valk, i have 0 to do with this server just a fan of the files as they completely **** on everything since Marble.

Funny how Jamie hasn't got a massive company or **** but he made Marble and Zircon run just fine with 0 crash's after just a few weeks lul... Same with Samuel on Acem2 / Chronicles.

Don't be sour because your server only peaked 100 users when there was literally not a other server up or being advertised it just goes to show how sloppy your work really is.

As for 100% stability was maybe a bit of a reach but it was hardly crashing before it closed and it can be done i'm sure, atleast there was somebody ALWAYS at hand to reboot. Was actually gob smacked when prim was pulling 170+ users and i found out if it crashes during the night most of the time it won't be put back up, someone needs hiring for that always.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Pete just because you personally hate me because i said your code is **** ( open up eden elite source its ******* terrible ) so it's not like im lying, don't come here putting a shitter on Valk, i have 0 to do with this server just a fan of the files as they completely **** on everything since Marble.

Funny how Jamie hasn't got a massive company or **** but he made Marble and Zircon run just fine with 0 crash's after just a few weeks lul... Same with Samuel on Acem2 / Chronicles.

Don't be sour because your server only peaked 100 users when there was literally not a other server up or being advertised it just goes to show how sloppy your work really is.

As for 100% stability was maybe a bit of a reach but it was hardly crashing before it closed and it can be done i'm sure, atleast there was somebody ALWAYS at hand to reboot. Was actually gob smacked when prim was pulling 170+ users and i found out if it crashes during the night most of the time it won't be put back up, someone needs hiring for that always.

No personal hate towards anyone, you just expect so much it’s unrealistic which you’ve finally admitted is near impossible.

And yes my code wouldn’t be as good as someone else’s with more experience, I’m self taught, I contribute to to files, what do you do other than slag people off for their efforts in what is likely a hobby to them.

Expecting 24/7 service in what is a free game and a hobby is laughable, wonder how long it’ll take you to admit to that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PoPcOrN and Cookie
Status
Not open for further replies.