[2.3] Valkyrie Re-Launch

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
I think people make this mistake a lot in terms of judging a server based off others. (it is easy to as a lot of cash cow servers pop up and flop pretty quickly)
Most of the servers are rushed out to launch and very little time, effort, money etc has been invested.

Valk's showcases show what kind of time and effort is going into his server, and really should put most minds at ease; worst case is you log in, play and dont enjoy it (as no server is for everyone) but i am looking forward to seeing what he has created in game :)

Yeah I know valk and his team have put a lot of work into this, that plus the fact his first server was good is why I’m going to try it ... I’m pretty old school though I’m afraid and just prefer 3 classes

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Yeah I know valk and his team have put a lot of work into this, that plus the fact his first server was good is why I’m going to try it ... I’m pretty old school though I’m afraid and just prefer 3 classes

Shut your mouth, you spell Apple with an i. You're a ******* Appie. Jkz <3 What you playing atm bud?

• Haha
Reactions: ChaseyLane

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Agreed with this, I remember speaking extensively with someone who worked on the USA Mir team and the biggest mistake people make is changing things as the butterfly effect on the balance is insane. Trying to add new classes, bug and exploit free while also maintaining balance in a PvP heavy game is going to be incredibly tough. The amount of testing required in different kits, at every level and with / without different skills would take months.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I remember speaking extensively with someone who worked on the USA Mir team and the biggest mistake people make is changing things as the butterfly effect on the balance is insane.

IMO **** that, 3 classes was so linear, balance is automatic in this regard, it's not like Mir and it's 3 classes were breaking any PvP boundaries in the gaming industry.

I'm tired of the nostaligia peeps, you want a basic Mir server? you can't play a relic when their are modern options around, unless you are a relic, smoking a big fat J and listening to music pretending you're a G...then obviously quality and advancements of a game don't matter because you're a stoner.

• Haha
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
IMO **** that, 3 classes was so linear, balance is automatic in this regard, it's not like Mir and it's 3 classes were breaking any PvP boundaries in the gaming industry.

I'm tired of the nostaligia peeps, you want a basic Mir server? you can't play a relic when their are modern options around, unless you are a relic, smoking a big fat J and listening to music pretending you're a G...then obviously quality and advancements of a game don't matter because you're a stoner.

I'm all for new content, but theirs nothing worse than people getting to say level 40, finding one class is significantly better than the others or has a significant bug with a skill or item combo that makes them un-killable in PvP. Almost all modern games get round the balance issues because they don't have open world PvP with almost none having the chance to drop from your body.

I'm not saying its impossible but some really solid testing would need to take place with different group compositions, item combinations, skills etc

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I'm all for new content, but theirs nothing worse than people getting to say level 40, finding one class is significantly better than the others or has a significant bug with a skill or item combo that makes them un-killable in PvP. Almost all modern games get round the balance issues because they don't have open world PvP with almost none having the chance to drop from your body.

I'm not saying its impossible but some really solid testing would need to take place with different group compositions, item combinations, skills etc

Ye good point.

First 2-3 months no body drop while we figure out balance.

Also make luck+3 the max luck chance.

Tiggy's face on both points, I want to see xDDDD

Reactions: DarkSacred

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
It looks good and I wish you the best of luck. With the lockdown and lack of good servers out there you’ve got a good opportunity of releasing a server with a extremely high usercount. The longer you leave it, the less chance you have people logging onto your server.

If I was you I would focus on gameplay - granted login screen looks amazing (probably best I have seen in Mir) but it won’t affect gameplay, so it isn’t really a priority

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It looks good and I wish you the best of luck. With the lockdown and lack of good servers out there you’ve got a good opportunity of releasing a server with a extremely high usercount. The longer you leave it, the less chance you have people logging onto your server.

If I was you I would focus on gameplay - granted login screen looks amazing (probably best I have seen in Mir) but it won’t affect gameplay, so it isn’t really a priority
I am sure if he has a team of 4, he will have people doing different things (its the design aspect that takes the time, adding it to the game isnt that time consuming)
So really it wouldnt matter if he was doing the new graphics or not, as I am sure he has a team member dedicated to it

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Now would certainly not be a good time @KillerMan OS still dominating the sheeple and EuroR the fresh long term option on the block. Anyone else releasing a server now would be silly imo.

Reactions: Alecs

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
Now would certainly not be a good time @KillerMan OS still dominating the sheeple and EuroR the fresh long term option on the block. Anyone else releasing a server now would be silly imo.
You’re mistaken. I’ve played it through launch and continue to regularly play it because that’s the most popular/newest server.

I’ve spoken to quite a few people and most are thinking of quitting the server because the server state is a joke. This is the perfect time to release a server

Status
Not open for further replies.