Vengeance mir 2 - test before live this weekend

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Hey guys, if anyone wants to have the client downloaded so its ready for the weekend release use this link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8l0g584jxg5drwh/Legend+Of+Mir+Client.rar

Server will be live for testing at around 6 uk time, I will often be rebooting changing stuff and adding new stuff, but if you wish to come on and take a look to see what class you want to play / actually help test some stuff that would be appreciated.

Server will be wiped on friday before the server goes into its live stage.

Thanks.

Main post if you missed it
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?99647-Legend-of-Mir-Vengeance

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Can someone put a small review of Beta here once you've tested please? Not going to be attending Beta i want Mir2 to feel real fresh to me after zircon.

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
i got to 40 pretty quick, few hours. the server has its own twist to the files, with some similarity to other games, for eg; the void i believe is a idea from Path Of Exiles. there are boss room which will have the fights kicking off early in the game, you can enter the first boss room from lvl 10 (might not want to go in at that lvl tho) lvling caves have decent amount of floors and mobs and items are very easy to get, hunting areas are much more difficult mobs with a chance to drop legendary kit which drops at a decent rate once you get going. the server has a pretty high difficulty in terms of you wont be able to tank the mobs in the higher caves till u've hunted the kit from previous caves, which i really like.

over all the server has the chance to hold a nice user count, it will just be the case of if it will get the caves listed (soon to be added) added and if further content is planned to be added and meets its mark.

so far we have managed to iron out a few minor problems, further tweaks will still need to come.

if i remember ill review again later in the week

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
i got to 40 pretty quick, few hours. the server has its own twist to the files, with some similarity to other games, for eg; the void i believe is a idea from Path Of Exiles. there are boss room which will have the fights kicking off early in the game, you can enter the first boss room from lvl 10 (might not want to go in at that lvl tho) lvling caves have decent amount of floors and mobs and items are very easy to get, hunting areas are much more difficult mobs with a chance to drop legendary kit which drops at a decent rate once you get going. the server has a pretty high difficulty in terms of you wont be able to tank the mobs in the higher caves till u've hunted the kit from previous caves, which i really like.

over all the server has the chance to hold a nice user count, it will just be the case of if it will get the caves listed (soon to be added) added and if further content is planned to be added and meets its mark.

so far we have managed to iron out a few minor problems, further tweaks will still need to come.

if i remember ill review again later in the week

Thanks for the review mate, regarding the caves that are soon to be added - I just didn't want everything available in the testing phase, got 4 new hunting caves ready to roll for live, cant say the same for levelling caves as I wanted them to just be a thing for people who may have to play solo and just kill abit of time, get some exp whilst obtaining decent gear for the level.

Thinking before the testing phase ends I'm going to add a few world bosses that spawn on the large province e.g.

Hades - spawn triggered when 10,000 any "undead" mobs are killed over the server
Essence Keeper - spawn triggered when he collects (X) amount of essences from any monster dying over the server

thinking of a few more ways to introduce world boss fights but not entirely sure of a decent way to do so yet, again thanks for the review, hopefully we can weed out some more of the issues before we go live :d

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Little bit of feedback so far. - Be aware that a lot of the quests etc were not on so Lotwars doesnt give away everything early on and spoil things

Playing a Templar see what it is all about.
Regarding the leveling areas - They are exactly that they are to level you up early stages and gives you kit/books in each cave moving you into the next. The main issue i found was that moving into the next cave was the damage increase of the mobs which would out damage your healing - now this isn't a issue for ranged classes and unfortunately the Templar soul shackle spell felt very underwhelming even in SC kit (which then gimped damage for up close to the point where you would need to run away)
The templar does start to clear well at 28 onwards due to his Mass Attack skill - im currently lvl 37-
I spent quite some time leveling in insect cave and am still there as moving into Bone Cave just wasn't viable due to the amount of damage the mobs do.
My suggestion would be to add some AC/AMC on to these kits as they are just pure SC MC DC which doesn't quite work
Even with the ac0-7 increase for fortify i found myself still being hit for the same sort of numbers.

I ventured into WT/ST -Hunting areas, WT was a no go due to the amount of mobs and the damage each hit was doing.
ST wasn't as bad as the mob spawns were not as harsh, The main issue is the mobs sight range as it was very difficult to take 1/2 mobs at a time due to them being able to see you from so far away.

If it is up tonight i will be giving it some more time.
The server is promising, but the above does need looking into to make the transition into the new maps more reasonable.
the biggest one to change is MOB SIGHT which ill help melee classes not end up with big lures when they cant handle them.

As above will give more feedback if server is back up, but i would certainly recommend giving it a chance.

WarrDcv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2017
I got to lvl 47 pretty fast in about 10 hours but I did not play continuously, I mean it's a big problem with hp and mp, it's really hard and you do not do it, you can not beat many mobs, because you do not have mp, even if I drink potion with 300 square meters I give 9 sqm per second and the spell consumes me 40-50 sqm, it is very complicated, the rest I like a lot, I saw that for beta have been quit quits, I think with the quests the server will be more exciting and exciting! Minu

Last edited by a moderator:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Thanks for the feedback, regarding the damage I think once the potions are functioning correctly it shouldn't be a problem, going to reboot shortly to see if it helps, again thanks for the feedback!

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Thanks for the feedback, regarding the damage I think once the potions are functioning correctly it shouldn't be a problem, going to reboot shortly to see if it helps, again thanks for the feedback!

Lost - can you maybe post a Beta update post with changes you have implemented etc as we can see those and re-test and give you more focussed feedback - I dont think potions should make you super tanky but definately need a bit of a buff in terms of the HP ticks etc.

Some extra feedback on Templar - currently i dont see any templar with SC items on as the SC skills really are not beneficial and the fortify AC buff scales with DC so you wont see any temps dropping DC as that extra AC is massively needed.
Poison Stick - it doesnt do enough damage for you to sacrifice DC from the AOE Skill and sometimes doesnt even tick for any damage atall.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Lost - can you maybe post a Beta update post with changes you have implemented etc as we can see those and re-test and give you more focussed feedback - I dont think potions should make you super tanky but definately need a bit of a buff in terms of the HP ticks etc.

Some extra feedback on Templar - currently i dont see any templar with SC items on as the SC skills really are not beneficial and the fortify AC buff scales with DC so you wont see any temps dropping DC as that extra AC is massively needed.
Poison Stick - it doesnt do enough damage for you to sacrifice DC from the AOE Skill and sometimes doesnt even tick for any damage atall.

imo templar should have their own kit, bit lower dc than warr kit with sc on them too

Dante83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2012
is this high rate sounds like people getting to high levels very quickly

Dante83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2012
Let me know when live as I am guessing after Testing it is getting wiped

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 3 dates given each one failed. was looking foward to a mir 2 but if you cant even open on 3 diff set dates then hate to think what be like ingame it looked rushed as it was. not hating but you've done it to your self imo just dont say a release date. then expect a decent user count cause youve probs lost a good 30-40 odd just by not opening x3 ciao

Last edited:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 3 dates given each one failed. was looking foward to a mir 2 but if you cant even open on 3 diff set dates then hate to think what be like ingame it looked rushed as it was. not hating but you've done it to your self imo just dont say a release date. then expect a decent user count cause youve probs lost a good 30-40 odd just by not opening x3 ciao

Real life takes priority, ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.