• Other

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
It’s like phone wars at my work, if you have android u hate iPhone and vice versa.

IOS = user friendly, smoother experience, less bugs, easy to use

Android = can do more on but u have to work at things to get the same experience

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
An almost 4 years old Redmi Note 4. Best 150€ spent on a phone. I don't use it very much but I can do anything when I'm out, from playing games to sending emails.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I currently have Pixel 2 XL, I was looking at the 4, but ill think ill wait until Pixel 6 or 7 before changing... assuming they continue

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I'm ashamed to say an iPhone, I really don't like apple products but when your Mrs won't use one, well there's just one choice left. (not true, just I favor this choice)

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Get a samsung. ive got s9 atm had 8 and 7 prior to that had iphones... wich i dont recommend. Maybe the new one different but every iphone ive had has smashed into little bits. I have dropped my samsung numerous of times mother ****** didnt even break. infact it shined

Reactions: WhyJewBanMe

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Seriously looked around when I upgraded the last time, I've used an iPhone since 2008. Theres no significant difference in quality and/or price these days. The flagships are all the same essentially. Just go with whatever you're most comfortable with tbh.

I went iPhone XS this time.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Curious 👀

I lost my S8 on holiday and don't know what way to swing next
I was iPhone up until the 8 then switched to Samsung s8. Now I'm on the s10 and can never see myself going back to shitephone.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
iPhone, just a nice solid OS, if they allowed iOS on different phones, I'd probably jump, but they would never happen. lol

I do like the resell value of old iPhones though, 2 year old phone still getting £400-£600 odd... it's kinda nice.

other half got the 11 pro, I'm half tempted to just get the 11 if a right deal comes up.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
iPhone, just a nice solid OS, if they allowed iOS on different phones, I'd probably jump, but they would never happen. lol

I do like the resell value of old iPhones though, 2 year old phone still getting £400-£600 odd... it's kinda nice.

other half got the 11 pro, I'm half tempted to just get the 11 if a right deal comes up.

Better off hanging on til next year where the newer iPhone will support 5G much better

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Samsung galaxy s9, but it's a nuisance - Bixby button on the left of the phone is in an awful position so it's always accidentally being pressed, and Bixby itself is something I never wanted. Also while the curves on the edges look good, they are horrible to handle as you have to be careful not to touch the edges, which detect input.

Next phone will be one without an AI gimmick, and won't have curves.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Better off hanging on til next year where the newer iPhone will support 5G much better
don't think I have to wait to long for things to download now... any other benefit to 5g? in fact more people move over to it surely the 4g network will be less congested? and thinking that 5g will have a "premium" on it

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
don't think I have to wait to long for things to download now... any other benefit to 5g? in fact more people move over to it surely the 4g network will be less congested? and thinking that 5g will have a "premium" on it

And don't forget 5G won't be fully deployed anytime soon. Waiting a year to buy a phone because of 5G is stupid.

There are a lot of concerns about its safety too. There's no consensus, some say it's safe while other say it's not.

Reactions: Martyn