i42TkmB.jpg

Reactions: Hercules and Martyn

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Samsung galaxy s9, but it's a nuisance - Bixby button on the left of the phone is in an awful position so it's always accidentally being pressed, and Bixby itself is something I never wanted. Also while the curves on the edges look good, they are horrible to handle as you have to be careful not to touch the edges, which detect input.

Next phone will be one without an AI gimmick, and won't have curves.

Same with the S8, but you can disable the button you know? Lol

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
So I work in QA and have had the pleasure of using pretty much every phone available. I've actually found the Huawei P series to be very good and often try grabbing them for work if they are available, but they tend to be the first devices everyone goes for. As for iOS, they don't tend to feel that much different each time they release the latest ones, unless you care a lot about the camera quality. Currently with iOS 13 I've found many problems with them in terms of testing.

Personally I'm a big fan of the OnePlus phones and own a OnePlus 5 currently. They are just as good as the main brands but for a reasonable price.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It’s like phone wars at my work, if you have android u hate iPhone and vice versa.

IOS = user friendly, smoother experience, less bugs, easy to use

Android = can do more on but u have to work at things to get the same experience

This is 100% on point, i had 4-5year old iphone 6, and i only upgraded due to boss offering me new phone! (albeit only a 7 😂).

As Mart said, if they did iOS on another phone i'd probably go with it.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Android has a lot more custom options, if you dont like the way your sms is set up you can change the lay outs/skins same with a lot of the options, much more hardware options, huwa/samsung blah
I phone has a limited range of options

I believe you cant record calls or your screen on iphone either?
Gmail is a lot better than iphones version too.

Iphone do get games earlier than android which is ofc a huge selling point to nerds

I may piss people off but i put people in 2 cats
Ps4 / samsung
Xbox/iphone

Anything between is like being bisexual

Edit- or jewish

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
I’ve always liked the iPhones mainly because the screens r the cheapest to get fixed when the kids drop it 🙃

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Android has a lot more custom options, if you dont like the way your sms is set up you can change the lay outs/skins same with a lot of the options, much more hardware options, huwa/samsung blah
I phone has a limited range of options

I believe you cant record calls or your screen on iphone either?
Gmail is a lot better than iphones version too.

Iphone do get games earlier than android which is ofc a huge selling point to nerds

I may piss people off but i put people in 2 cats
Ps4 / samsung
Xbox/iphone

Anything between is like being bisexual

Edit- or jewish

edited for u...

ps4/Samsung/ketchup
Xbox/iPhone/brown sauce

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
edited for u...

ps4/Samsung/ketchup
Xbox/iPhone/brown sauce

But I like ketchup and brown sauce?

Then again I've also had an XB1 and PS4 I only changed so I could play a specific game. I've also switched back and forth between Samsung's and iPhone's...

Everything essentially does the same thing at the end of the day.

Anyways an update to this thread is I went and looked in all of the mobile phone shops on the high street over the weekend and not a single one had a fully working/powered on handset that you could pick up and use... they were either dummies or literally bolted to the table, which somewhat impedes the ability to try out the cameras. So i was pretty much stuck with basing my decision on the quality of the front facing camera, and the iPhone 11 was top guy. However a few days earlier I forgot that I had placed a bid on a Samsung S10e on eBay for £350 and I then got a notification to say that I had won because nobody else had bid... so I'm now getting an S10e, which I don't really want now but hopefully it will be good enough.

On that basis I decided to walk into the Vodafone shop and ask them to change my SIM over to a 30 day rolling contract since I was out of contract and didn't need to upgrade now. She told me I could only do that over the phone though. So my question is what the **** are these high street phone shops even for now if you can't amend your account or demo the new phones....

Anyways storytime is over.

/mir2pion

• Haha
Reactions: SmavidDavid

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
But I like ketchup and brown sauce?

Then again I've also had an XB1 and PS4 I only changed so I could play a specific game. I've also switched back and forth between Samsung's and iPhone's...

Everything essentially does the same thing at the end of the day.

Anyways an update to this thread is I went and looked in all of the mobile phone shops on the high street over the weekend and not a single one had a fully working/powered on handset that you could pick up and use... they were either dummies or literally bolted to the table, which somewhat impedes the ability to try out the cameras. So i was pretty much stuck with basing my decision on the quality of the front facing camera, and the iPhone 11 was top guy. However a few days earlier I forgot that I had placed a bid on a Samsung S10e on eBay for £350 and I then got a notification to say that I had won because nobody else had bid... so I'm now getting an S10e, which I don't really want now but hopefully it will be good enough.

On that basis I decided to walk into the Vodafone shop and ask them to change my SIM over to a 30 day rolling contract since I was out of contract and didn't need to upgrade now. She told me I could only do that over the phone though. So my question is what the **** are these high street phone shops even for now if you can't amend your account or demo the new phones....

Anyways storytime is over.

/mir2pion

Overall nice update meight, loved the beginning and the middle, the ending ruined it for me tho.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Samsung galaxy s9, but it's a nuisance - Bixby button on the left of the phone is in an awful position so it's always accidentally being pressed, and Bixby itself is something I never wanted. Also while the curves on the edges look good, they are horrible to handle as you have to be careful not to touch the edges, which detect input.

Next phone will be one without an AI gimmick, and won't have curves.
Turn the edge mode off

I have my clock on my edge only