Suggestion What reward should be owning a wall?

War system should apply on the following map

• SabukWall

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • TaoSungWall

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Both

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Before that, please vote about walls on the following poll - as im willing to revise War System on Zircon and Mir3 in general.

• Only SabukWall
  • Only DesertMudWall
  • Both

I personally choose the DMW as there is no stairs and i always disliked the pets on stairs concept.

After that, what buffs should the owning guild get?

Exp/Gold/Drop 10%?
NPC discount?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
give them a fee free TM? (maybe reduced selling fee) free refine? stuff not game breaking to much

Reactions: zedina

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
The reward for owning a wall should be (in my opinion) 15% Exp,Gold,Drop for SW and 10% for DMW...whats the point in fighting and keeping a wall for a 30% npc discount....no one cares tbh

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
10% npc discount across the board. Extra exp,drop or gold is too much of an advantage and will just encourage 1 or 2 guild dominance which has been problem with a lot of recent servers and people will just leave

Reactions: Xythas and zedina

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I personally do not like the flat buffs as rewards for winning a war; seems like a 'cop out'.

What I would like to see;
The Walls have NPCs that sell specific pots (such as HP(XXL) or whatever) and it's exclusive to that wall.
The Guild that owns the wall gets a discount on all purchases from the Walls NPCs
Anyone else who buys from the Walls NPCs, the guild funds get a contribution of what was spent so someone spends 100k on pots, you get 10k into guild funds for example; the reason I say have exclusive pots or other items in there, is an insensitive to other players to shop there, even if they are spending money at an enemy guild.

You can have other benefits like a global teleport node rather than having to dart between towns
Free TM submissions

You need to make it worth the hassle, hence why the easiest thing most people do is to give a flat buff.

Reactions: Xythas and Tai

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
My final decission its from moving from Sabuk to TaoSung(DesertMudWall)

Owning wall (30% discount from NPC)

Thank you all for the feedback. Always appreciated.

Reactions: DjDarkBoyZ

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Everybody can vote and dont play, feedback as text is important ;)

I can vote for wipe on another server but i never played or will. Its just dull..

Whats the point of doing a pool if you dont really care what other people think and its obvious you will do what ever you want anyway

• Dislike
Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Whats the point of doing a pool if you dont really care what other people think and its obvious you will do what ever you want anyway

I asked for feedback and opinions.

There could be 100 votes on your option : "The reward for owning a wall should be (in my opinion) 15% Exp,Gold,Drop for SW and 10% for DMW "

Would :

1. Split war participation of players to half
  2. Would make two guilds rule the server and snowball the buffs.

One thing its to ask for opinions and other its to follow majority which may lead later into feuds between players (which will eventually happen).

One thing before starting to type and think superior without thinking is : I always ask what players think about that because its called listening and asking for feedback.

I take from the feedback the pro and cons and make decision ;) .

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I mean a 30% discount on wall NPCs is mediocre at best.

"Guys what are we figting this war for!?"

So pots cost 350 gold per pot instead of 500!

"Seems worth it, farming ZT for that Zuma Relic!"

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Probably a 30% Special Repair cost would matter too ^^

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I asked for feedback and opinions.

There could be 100 votes on your option : "The reward for owning a wall should be (in my opinion) 15% Exp,Gold,Drop for SW and 10% for DMW "

Would :

1. Split war participation of players to half
  2. Would make two guilds rule the server and snowball the buffs.

One thing its to ask for opinions and other its to follow majority which may lead later into feuds between players (which will eventually happen).

One thing before starting to type and think superior without thinking is : I always ask what players think about that because its called listening and asking for feedback.

I take from the feedback the pro and cons and make decision ;) .
In this case I was reffering to only having one wall

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
In this case I was reffering to only having one wall

Having two walls would split players in half, and will make two powerfull guilds that will just switch from sabuk to taosung and vice versa