What your favourite VPS service provider?

smoochy boys on tour

Vaytrex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2016
So lets discuss about what your favourite VPS service? Sharing here could help people want to host a server

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
has anyone hosted a mir server off of a VPS? i considered it a while ago but found hosting from home was just was easy >.<

my personal favourite for a dedi is OVH as i used them for ORIGINS and they were really good.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I found VPS not up to the task, they bottle neck fairly easily, the more content the slower it's ganna be... that being said, it's possible a change in the mob spawning may relieve some of that strain but I wouldn't bank on it.

Vaytrex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2016
So u guys usually using a dedicated server? It might costly compare to vps right

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
a dedi is alot more costly than a vps

typical dedi with a windows licence is about £50+ a month

if anyone knows of a cheaper i would be interested, so long as it comes with a windows licence

Reactions: zedina

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
tbh vps is crap i was use vps for few months and always server been lagy but when i use dedi host it better and no lag

yes dedi host not cheap and i use expensive one but really better than any vps

as pete said also the mob spawning will make alot of spike lag with this vps

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
What kind of VPS did you use to not be able to handle a mir server?

Probably the amount of respawns were too exhausting or poorly done. Mir Highrates are a waste of space on any VPS, Dedi and so on.

TheOnlyOne

Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
What kind of VPS did you use to not be able to handle a mir server?

i was use contabo best vps there with extra windos server 2016 and was always get lag etc.... that was for 60+ gbp monthly

about zedina HR need best dedi to be work with without any lag also good files too work with no problem with dedi

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
i was use contabo best vps there with extra windos server 2016 and was always get lag etc.... that was for 60+ gbp monthly

about zedina HR need best dedi to be work with without any lag also good files too work with no problem with dedi

HR are power consuming. Crystal dont have any performance tweaks.

You are using a powerful dedi for something that would consume less on a low-medium.

Reactions: Sanjian

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Probably the amount of respawns were too exhausting or poorly done. Mir Highrates are a waste of space on any VPS, Dedi and so on.

Highrates have very bad performance when they are made without thinking. I've seen it tens of times because they are usually low effort servers, but it can be as performant as a low rate.

Are you telling me that a 10 core VPS with 60gigs of RAM isn't enough?

TheOnlyOne

Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
Highrates have very bad performance when they are made without thinking. I've seen it tens of times because they are usually low effort servers, but it can be as performant as a low rate.

Bro vps not good for mir server cuz you be not alone use that there be more ppl use it at same time

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003

No spec can prevent the bottle neck of the monster spawns.

Unless you ensure every spawn location with ranges has 0 invalid locations.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Bro vps not good for mir server cuz you be not alone use that there be more ppl use it at same time

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

I know but unless they are "overbooking" the server it should be working fine.

No spec can prevent the bottle neck of the monster spawns.

Unless you ensure every spawn location with ranges has 0 invalid locations.

Well, that looks like respawns are poorly coded.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
I know but unless they are "overbooking" the server it should be working fine.

Well, that looks like respawns are poorly coded.

Exactly, it’s fine for servers with < 140 players if spawns are done carefully to avoid so many bad spots.

Really it should know to try spawn in the valid points of a map rather than attempting.

That’s why walkmaps exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
HR Crystals are like when you are going to push a big ass sofa on a small mini van tbh.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
HR Crystals are like when you are going to push a big ass sofa on a small mini van tbh.

If you try hard, it fits in.

4UrxxGZ.gif

Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Now let's be honest. I dont know how much @TheOnlyOne pays for host but he makes it looks like he pays around 110-120$ a month.

For 22 online? A high rate? No wonder we see only 1 HighRate :D