What's the story behind Ginko Encampment?

smoochy boys on tour

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Also curious on this.. at which version did it become 'burnt down'? I'm sure at 2.3 (euro) it was still intact.

Was quite annoying when you and a mate makes a new char and one starts in border and one in ginkgo -_-

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Also curious on this.. at which version did it become 'burnt down'? I'm sure at 2.3 (euro) it was still intact.

Was quite annoying when you and a mate makes a new char and one starts in border and one in ginkgo -_-

wasn't it when PB was introduced?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I always forgot about Ginko as it's always been a burnt pile of ashe for a long time now.

I might bring it back and make it randomly assign people to border or ginko when they start....

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It was well after PB, was with the oma invasion patch where everything got fortified and lots of **** got burnt down.

Basically, Oma's are dicks.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
On Korean it's some more visual updates to expand the PB story, where Oma's are invading, the story is they sacked Gingko which is now a Oma stronghold, you will also notice reinforcements in BW and around some of the caves in Mir.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'd say, OK, lets have burnt out spots from invasions as per some story but don't have them in forever after, it is nothing nice or interesting after a while and as years pass by, it just shows not a story but laziness and stagnation behind server development

apart from ugly eyesore after a while (especially in SV and more so with thin snake population as most servers have it), it meant you couldn't sell books in Mongchon anymore

BTW was there some story behind the new, smaller SV? why the change? to make it faster if you go on foot to Mongchon?

Last edited: