Whats up.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
hang on, so crystal files are ****... however...
Valkyrie pvp is really good - and they use crystal?

So basically, if crystal files just modify the movement code so you "spin fast", then crystal files are good again?
Spot on lol and in my opinion that spin thing makes no difference what so ever lol.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
hang on, so crystal files are ****... however...
Valkyrie pvp is really good - and they use crystal?

So basically, if crystal files just modify the movement code so you "spin fast", then crystal files are good again?

You'd have to play Valkyrie to understand, he had Skills built from the ground. Every single Material had a value and did something, every item had a description. His coder ColdFusion is just a straight beast to be honest hes never once played Mir either. Just the skill OrbitalBombardment alone make's Valkyrie a cut ahead of every other Crystal files, it's only server i've remotely enjoyed since Marble.
Post automatically merged:

Spot on lol and in my opinion that spin thing makes no difference what so ever lol.

Pure bullshit spewing out your mouth right now. It wasn't just fast spinning on Valkyrie though was it? Avoiding hits was the BIG part of his movement. IF everybody thinks it's so easy to get @LOMValkyrie Movement why did Prim / Aesir both fail at it? They both tried it and neither got it nowhere close to how Valk had it. It's not like @LightBringer or his team are bad either. People have to remember Valkyrie was like a 2 year project.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
You'd have to play Valkyrie to understand, he had Skills built from the ground. Every single Material had a value and did something, every item had a description. His coder ColdFusion is just a straight beast to be honest hes never once played Mir either. Just the skill OrbitalBombardment alone make's Valkyrie a cut ahead of every other Crystal files, it's only server i've remotely enjoyed since Marble.

Pure bullshit spewing out your mouth right now. It wasn't just fast spinning on Valkyrie though was it? Avoiding hits was the BIG part of his movement. IF everybody thinks it's so easy to get @LOMValkyrie Movement why did Prim / Aesir both fail at it? They both tried it and neither got it nowhere close to how Valk had it. It's not like @LightBringer or his team are bad either. People have to remember Valkyrie was like a 2 year project.
Was on about Aesir 😂

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I miss my kit on Valk. I hope he has it saved nicely for V2 😅

Apocalypse was fun it had the numbers, upto 6 active guilds at one point. Ppl only ever talk about the bugs on Apoc, I enjoyed the server tbh

Reactions: Tai

Megon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2010
Welcome back Ben.

Regardless with what files you will use I am not any kind of a pro regarding those matters, but as personally I have played all of your servers apart of 3h low rate, I would personally recommend a combination of those ideas which are sucked from all your previous servers:

From OldSkool:

First which is something was never mentioned from anyone but from playing OldSkool and almost every high rate mir server was released, the various kind of kits, I mean all high/med rate servers just the same scenario about kit a common set and a legendary set and some might add a god set I would call while on OldSkool you could find players at the same level class with different kit such as SuperHP set? or PVP Sets and Trance/Bon arms etc with the legendary available set.

Second is something that not just in OldSkool was probably in most but in Oldskool was at it's highest peak which is the PVE content OldSkool was the most fair server in terms of Solo/Group hunting and lvling due to the various amount of caves that all could drop the items you wanted for your level I can take Paragon server as a bad example for that, only one cave dropped mir items if you weren't in the top guild you are never going to get those items which killed the server with many other reasons, I remember when someone on OldSkool found a mirboots which could auto run from a mob in OST IZT KR lol.

From 4H HR:

Mostly was the variety of skills which were so good I don't know if you can take from 2.6 files to crystal.
As well as the maps I see nothing aganist if you still have the files/client of 4H if you can have some of the maps as Aztec which was an amazing group hunting cave and also some bosses that could be solo killed.

From Paragon:

Even if I would personally say it was your worst server but doesn't mean it was a complete failure since it had some pros as well.

I would start with the dungeon caves, unlike Paragon was only based on this I don't see any issue having some of the caves a dungeon type since it was challenging and never boring

Crafting as well I haven't played any server where crafting was balanced useful and not abused such Paragon since it was smooth and I mean by this not like everything has to be crafted to a complicated level where you loose yourself in the process, and also where you just ignore the craft required items and just keep going with what is left

Those are a combination of what I think, and from your post you sounded like you wanted some ideas and knowing you very well I know you will put an impact server as always and bring the 200+ online user again, so I can't really wait and I hope my recommendation would have helped with an idea or two!

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Welcome back Ben.

Regardless with what files you will use I am not any kind of a pro regarding those matters, but as personally I have played all of your servers apart of 3h low rate, I would personally recommend a combination of those ideas which are sucked from all your previous servers:

From OldSkool:

First which is something was never mentioned from anyone but from playing OldSkool and almost every high rate mir server was released, the various kind of kits, I mean all high/med rate servers just the same scenario about kit a common set and a legendary set and some might add a god set I would call while on OldSkool you could find players at the same level class with different kit such as SuperHP set? or PVP Sets and Trance/Bon arms etc with the legendary available set.

Second is something that not just in OldSkool was probably in most but in Oldskool was at it's highest peak which is the PVE content OldSkool was the most fair server in terms of Solo/Group hunting and lvling due to the various amount of caves that all could drop the items you wanted for your level I can take Paragon server as a bad example for that, only one cave dropped mir items if you weren't in the top guild you are never going to get those items which killed the server with many other reasons, I remember when someone on OldSkool found a mirboots which could auto run from a mob in OST IZT KR lol.

From 4H HR:

Mostly was the variety of skills which were so good I don't know if you can take from 2.6 files to crystal.
As well as the maps I see nothing aganist if you still have the files/client of 4H if you can have some of the maps as Aztec which was an amazing group hunting cave and also some bosses that could be solo killed.

From Paragon:

Even if I would personally say it was your worst server but doesn't mean it was a complete failure since it had some pros as well.

I would start with the dungeon caves, unlike Paragon was only based on this I don't see any issue having some of the caves a dungeon type since it was challenging and never boring

Crafting as well I haven't played any server where crafting was balanced useful and not abused such Paragon since it was smooth and I mean by this not like everything has to be crafted to a complicated level where you loose yourself in the process, and also where you just ignore the craft required items and just keep going with what is left

Those are a combination of what I think, and from your post you sounded like you wanted some ideas and knowing you very well I know you will put an impact server as always and bring the 200+ online user again, so I can't really wait and I hope my recommendation would have helped with an idea or two!
ben didnt have anything to do with paragon was hotpocketsloth and hany

Megon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2010
ben didnt have anything to do with paragon was hotpocketsloth and hany

It was released by Ben and Hany and then when Ben found out he ain't have enough time for it anymore I think its when he decided to give up and then Hot showed up as far as I remember, but in the end it was released by him and it's not like am shaming him for it the guy is a legend with all his server Paragon wouldn't hit Ben's legacy lol.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Basically valk worked on crystal files to the point where pvp wasn’t based on shift = win or 1st hit = win or best kit = win, you could actually dodge melee attacks and the movement was great

So on majority of these C file servers, when u walk pvp all u do is press shift and they’ll get hit even if you swing after they run out lol, it didn’t matter how melee pvp’d u just hold shift... as well as c file servers due to the movement being so shite, range dominate late game unless melee are
Given teleport skills e.g. slashing burst on 5h was great, shadowstep on apoc

Just bring out a server Ben ignore these
Imbeciles, need something great to play 😂

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Welcome back Ben.

From OldSkool:

From 4H HR:

From Paragon:

thanks for the ideas and feedback, very interesting to read.

i wasn't really involved in paragon after its release, i helped put it together but after release it was all hotpocketsloth running it. Hany just did the coding. I didnt have the time for paragon but i had ideas i wanted to contribute and help build it.
with some adjustments i think paragon could have been 1 of the greats, it was just poorly executed and ran by an inexperienced person (HPS).

I take on board the bits about only 1 cave dropping that set - that was something new that Mir never really does, but games like WoW do - good idea in theory but not sure it worked for mir and this community.

I want the new server to be something fun. Oldskool never took itself seriously, i made it as a fun **** you server to lapta to prove that you didnt have to do a euro clone to make a successful server.
i liked things like going to the funfair and gambling to get uber pets to help you level/kill bosses... switching sub classes to say an assassin that was full glass canon... lots of bosses to go around so everyone had a chance, each with them having a chance to drop regardless of if it was 1/1million (i remember someone finding a rare item like mir boots from a trash mob in a dungeon.. the jealous ones moaned but i thought it was awesome, the guy went for rags to riches!
that **** reminded me of old euro 1.4 days where you'd harvest a maggot and find a para ring lol

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
sooo.. i agree on most of that ben December times or after Christmas? xD loads of people interested and waiting for you to do so. as these mir servers up atm shambles

Reactions: Abdozaki

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?
sooo.. i agree on most of that ben December times or after Christmas? xD loads of people interested and waiting for you to do so. as these mir servers up atm shambles
Hopefully he releases before Xmas im so keen lol.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Looking forward to your server like always even if my time now is extremely limited.

Just a general suggestion. Please remove all the free stats like guild buff, rift medal, MW pads, tao buff etc. They just make kit less valueable and add downtime to hunting when you are missing even a single one of them. They add nothing in the game.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Looking forward to your server like always even if my time now is extremely limited.

Just a general suggestion. Please remove all the free stats like guild buff, rift medal, MW pads, tao buff etc. They just make kit less valueable and add downtime to hunting when you are missing even a single one of them. They add nothing in the game.
tao Buffs? U alright

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
why would he take out ammys ect thats won from wars? you have your stone pads ammy (gem) what ever you want to call it. from mudwall or sabuk wall or a exp buff yeah? those fights people spend millions on pots ect to win those wars for the guild. why should the top or 2nd guild not benefit for winning said war? it was part of the war right>? i mean if oks paralord (lords) ect each drop the ammy stone gem* Then i dont see what the issue from mudwall or sw giving said prizes. But yano each to there own :P personally i loved fighting every mw as had a chance to pk other peoples items.
And besides it broke up the leveling and boss cycles you had to prepare to fight for 30min war could not just turn up with a few and take had to do a plan ( well at this time there was like 300+playing and about 80-100 at mw fights.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Answering the 10 questions npc was my fave part, ganking the **** out of ppl on q8 or 9

Im sure he added 2 more war zones alongside mw with lower statted items for guild 2+3

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
ginko and border i think bro. yeah i loved putting pro ring on the tao and going ham on questions lmao hazeem on splinta wanted to answer them all time but he would die every time without fail xD think was you me and jim *lilwizz* wasnt it? fastest takers i seen xD i can remember jim belling me at like 10 at night like yo we need you i said well youve lost the ****** cause im at pub xD

Reactions: Abdozaki