Whats up.

Cleopatra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2004
OMG this looks awesome! So clear and sharp!!! :D

Any ideas on when it will be released and what the rates will be (please be low / low mid)!!

Am I missing something? Looks like the same graphics we've always had 🤔 Is it just the fact that the client's running at a high resolution / highly zoomed out?

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
Am I missing something? Looks like the same graphics we've always had 🤔 Is it just the fact that the client's running at a high resolution / highly zoomed out?

To me it looks as though it’s used something to re-render the images (similar to what tech has been used on modded versions of FF7 and FF8 on Steam) they look incredibly sharp compared to the slightly fuzzy low res textures previously used

Cleopatra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2004
To me it looks as though it’s used something to re-render the images (similar to what tech has been used on modded versions of FF7 and FF8 on Steam) they look incredibly sharp compared to the slightly fuzzy low res textures previously used

For anyone interested I've made a side-by-side of the graphics in the video vs what it looks like on Chronicles.

The graphics in the video look "flatter" and more stylised with less grit/noise in the texture compared to the Chronicles version.

old-vs-new.jpg

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
For anyone interested I've made a side-by-side of the graphics in the video vs what it looks like on Chronicles.

The graphics in the video look "flatter" and more stylised with less grit/noise in the texture compared to the Chronicles version.

View attachment 22039

Looks like waifu2x upscaling, makes things look more cartoony

I played with it ages ago and tried some of the various methods. waifu is nice but I preferred ESGAN PSNR method, resulted in a sharper higher quality object

Zoomed in version to show what I mean
1577015467807.png

Normal Size
1577015519785.png

Reactions: Tai and Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
reminds me of running snes emulations and having scaling options that made it cartoony, cant think of the method off the top of my head, but very much liked the effects.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Especially when viewed at 'normal size', that would be my choice too. BTW Esgran seems to discolor the object, color is cold.

Yeah ESGRAN has two models trained. The PSNR model worked best for Mir objects as like you say the other one turned out too cold.

The upscaling looks subtle ingame but quite nice I found. Bottom is original, top is PSNR

1577039376408.png

Another example I did that really shows how blury the original Mir Objects look

1577039713574.png

Last edited:

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
i liked things like going to the funfair and gambling to get uber pets to help you level/kill bosses... switching sub classes to say an assassin that was full glass canon... lots of bosses to go around so everyone had a chance, each with them having a chance to drop regardless of if it was 1/1million (i remember someone finding a rare item like mir boots from a trash mob in a dungeon.. the jealous ones moaned but i thought it was awesome, the guy went for rags to riches!
that **** reminded me of old euro 1.4 days where you'd harvest a maggot and find a para ring lol

Good old times lol that was me who found the boots, it wasn’t Mir boots but it had the same ability until you nerfed it 1-2 months after lol after i lent to BurntSoul (GM) and Mitsos before they stole my entire kit

Was useful especially for a wizard lol practically unstoppable haha
Post automatically merged:

Sure ive seen tht arm on bens server yrs ago?

You have

Last edited: