Who is Scarecrowtaurus?

Hakmed

Banned
Banned
May 10, 2021
On Euro Mir, I saw a reference to something called Scarecrowtaurus

Was this an old mob that got removed?

I asked once and was told Scarecrowtaurus is hard. Is this true or is this an imagination of something else?

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I've never heard of it myself.
Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

Reactions: Hakmed

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
You seen a "refence", do you care to elaborate?

I think mir is the only game Ive seen mobs repeatedly with the names that include the names of "Evil" and "King". Lmao so bad

Hakmed

Banned
Banned
May 10, 2021
The reference is no longer existing as it was where I believed to be on the original Euro Mir forum which closed down in 2008.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
You seen a "refence", do you care to elaborate?

I think mir is the only game Ive seen mobs repeatedly with the names that include the names of "Evil" and "King". Lmao so bad

But mir mob names are mostly from life, if you stretch your imagination with some of them. I like they are not some phantasy names totally made up, like a centipede is a centipede, tongs are tongs. Omas could be Neanderthals and so on. I always appreciated that rl connection only stretched with phantasy a little.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
But mir mob names are mostly from life, if you stretch your imagination with some of them. I like they are not some phantasy names totally made up, like a centipede is a centipede, tongs are tongs. Omas could be Neanderthals and so on. I always appreciated that rl connection only stretched with phantasy a little.

"tongs are tongs" and what are tongs sir ?

Omas are orcs btw

Reactions: Bountyhunter

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
"tongs are tongs" and what are tongs sir ?

Omas are orcs btw

For tongs, my biology terminology fails me but they are those creepies that allegedly crawl into your ear canal if you lay down on ground when out in forest and eat your insides :D
But I have seen them even around house backyards, they have nasty pincers

Omas Orcs? Bichon Omas would need quite a stretch of imagination but perhaps. PB Omas would be more like that but then, what then are the Orcs Orcs, those found in Orc Cave where female Orcs are bashing you with a ladle and a frying pan?
1627430078367.png

Many mobs take after a lore, like zombies, skeletons, dragons... I think Zumas Woomas have some resemblance in Eastern fables, lores

All those are real enough with some license of what real means. In past people believed in them as real and some still do today.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Tongs are Earwigs :D

1628374156721.png

The one license mir takes with tongs/earwigs is that the tail is female type (straight pincers) and the head has male tongs tail (the curved pincers).
So in effect the head is male and the tail is female, the six legs do agree. Bug cave is full of bugs taken from nature.

This pic is from Merciful server that has all new mobs in it and they look sharp, minotaurs are definitely classy mobs here. Are they new Korean Wemade or Chinese Shanda mobs?

BTW I made a peace with the mobs highlighting when you mouse over them, some actually look even better when highlighted, like that centipede here. Normally they are brown as on the right, the one on the left facing down is selected color.

Only the sound of inactive client program in the background is a bother with these new servers, hope it gets solved.
1628373919040.png

Attachments

• 1628373711887.png
    1628373711887.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Tai and Nameless

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe pple don't want to bug you :D

How about another issue, I believe it came up here some time ago and I think I met with it now on the server I play - total dura of fresh items always drops on first repair even when the repair is just several points, went to bug section and didn't see it there, so maybe I am just being too sensitive :unsure:

On that sound issue, while in that bug section, I saw that 'big icon' in tray (in Volume Mixer) thread from last year and went to check and bingo, I also (still) have that huge icon. It covers the place where you click to stop sound from the program but clicking in that spot stops it anyway, just a cosmetic thing.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If it's an issue for you why aren't you raising it? The exact reason that section is there is so people can be made aware of issues and get them fixed - complaining about them in random threads is helpful to no one.

And the big icon hasn't been a thing for years, its likely just your windows cache still stuck with it. There's thing you can do to reset windows icon cache, but that large icon was changed out from the source ages ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tai

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Those issues evidently are not important enough generally, else more pple would raise it or join in when I bring it up. I don't want to be a nuisance filing bugs that seem to bother only very few of us.

BTW I clean reinstalled windows some couple months ago, that's weird. That's been with me from times immemorial 👀 I'll look into that caching thing.

1628448591058.png
I can always click in the area marked with that orange square

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Those issues evidently are not important enough generally, else more pple would raise it or join in when I bring it up.

BTW I clean reinstalled windows some couple months ago, that's weird. That's been with me from times immemorial

View attachment 26073
I can always click in the area marked with that orange square
Important or not, if YOU want it fixed, make a bug thread for it. Annoys the **** out of me when people complain about crystal issues everywhere except the crystal bug section.

Actually just looked in to this and it was using that icon - so apologies. I didn't realise i had to change it in 2 places and I never saw the icon on sound settings myself.

Anyway, that icon should be fixed now.

Last edited:
Reactions: mir2pion