DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
[/QUOTE]
Mir3/Woool, That aint Mir2 bud.

It's mir3 sprites :)

Its Mir2 Crystal files, it uses Mir3 skins from my understanding

Just to clarify on this, our code resembles crystals about as much as banana resembles an orange.
I guess in fairness, alot of the client stuff is the same, thats about it.

Quick question, what map is that cool looking cave entrance from? me wants it!

if someone can get me the map or tell me, It will make one of my ideas come to liiiiife!

Every single map in our server is custom made by us, they wouldn't of been seen before. We're not using any official maps.

doesnt look like a mir3 entrance to me?
Post automatically merged:

thats a wooool door

Alot of our objects are custom, either edited original mir objects or from elsewhere completely. I genuinely can't remember where that entrance came from, but the dragged blood marks have all be added from our team. As was the corpse with blood surrounding it.

I thought them guys were making a Mir2 server :( boo

Guess it's not a bad idea with all the Mir2 coming.

Well it just looks like mir3, thats where the similarities stop. It's not even really mir2 either. We've changed so many of the broken mechanics, it plays so much better than any mir, without loosing the "mir" feeling.

I should really do some sort of upcoming/advert post.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

It's mir3 sprites :)

Just to clarify on this, our code resembles crystals about as much as banana resembles an orange.
I guess in fairness, alot of the client stuff is the same, thats about it.

Every single map in our server is custom made by us, they wouldn't of been seen before. We're not using any official maps.

Alot of our objects are custom, either edited original mir objects or from elsewhere completely. I genuinely can't remember where that entrance came from, but the dragged blood marks have all be added from our team. As was the corpse with blood surrounding it.

Well it just looks like mir3, thats where the similarities stop. It's not even really mir2 either. We've changed so many of the broken mechanics, it plays so much better than any mir, without loosing the "mir" feeling.

I should really do some sort of upcoming/advert post.
[/QUOTE]

Whats the servers name n such, quite intrigued... !

but yeah, I guess I could just find similar style games and just rip the object from there, thanks anyway :D

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I wonder on what section you will advert the server.
It has mir3 sprites, Mir2 feeling, Wool content.

🧐

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
But yeah, GIFF me that cave entrance, i will give you 301,601 Vietnamese dong for it

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Makes you wonder why mir2 doesn't have this style of cave entrances. I recall some years back, seeing in one release or mir2 server files where you start on an island, a cave with ladder transition between cave floor levels (or was it entrance?). Also unusual to see.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Makes you wonder why mir2 doesn't have this style of cave entrances. I recall some years back, seeing in one release or mir2 server files where you start on an island, a cave with ladder transition between cave floor levels (or was it entrance?). Also unusual to see.
That's the kind of thing I'm sourcing atm for a potential project .... just want all amp transitions to be so on point .... might go on poe and start splicing their maps for objects ahahaha

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Oh yeah I know that, I really need to properly figure out the map editor to be fair.
Just the default layout gives me the creeps as all the tiles look odd n stuff.

Might spend some time sorting it all out into categories (snow areas/forest/etcetc)
Might help a bit!

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
i guess you made one piece and added the blood tray and skeleton on photoshop or something like that?
looks good tho.
It is done in photoshop I believe. I don't personally do the graphical stuff, but our guy spends great attention to detail. There is more than just the skeleton and blood added. Have a game of spot the difference with ST entrance.

Oh yeah I know that, I really need to properly figure out the map editor to be fair.
Just the default layout gives me the creeps as all the tiles look odd n stuff.

Might spend some time sorting it all out into categories (snow areas/forest/etcetc)
Might help a bit!

That open source map editor has it's limits. We actually ended up making our own map editor in the end.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Nice to see a team doing something really unique, hope you keep that Mir2 feeling in PVP and i think i could be a fan, was never a fan of Mir3 PVP although i loved some of the spell's they was just way to unbalanced in PK.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It is done in photoshop I believe. I don't personally do the graphical stuff, but our guy spends great attention to detail. There is more than just the skeleton and blood added. Have a game of spot the difference with ST entrance.

That open source map editor has it's limits. We actually ended up making our own map editor in the end.

Aye, I found it to be, might see what I can do, similar to a map creator i used to have for a single player rpg i was working on; was veeery user friendly.

Also out of curiosity, who is on your team?
and you have any news on your server (another one to throw in the mix? :P)

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Aye, I found it to be, might see what I can do, similar to a map creator i used to have for a single player rpg i was working on; was veeery user friendly.

Also out of curiosity, who is on your team?
and you have any news on your server (another one to throw in the mix? :p)

I'll do a full server details post in the next few days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.