Why are Mir Server counts lower than Soma?

Join Discord

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
This is a example of hostile and brainless @TheDayIDie. What i did was just pointing out things. Like i pointed to this monkey now.

The whole point was that peoples with "Great power" tends to get drifted by temptations. Well doesn't matter at all, hope you will do a good job on mir3 section.

If you want to bribe me I only accept payment in chocolate chip cookies.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
HR servers are as valid in my books as LR ones even if I am low rate gamer at heart and used to look down on high rates. If a high rate server is well done., it easily beats low rate one when it is not as well done. 5H or even DZone had some good points even if I quit and came back and quit and returned again LOL

And I even have good memories of some short lived servers, like Purgatory or IHALN's server (the one he pulled rug from under us when he got tired of the server).

Also depends a lot on if you find a cave(s) on a server that fit your class, your style of playing (solo, group) and you are making progress and can enjoy it. On some servers you don't find such caves and you might still play for a while but when you quit, you don't have much to remember it by.
Post automatically merged:

tha4thface2

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 26, 2018
The whole point was that peoples with "Great power" tends to get drifted by temptations.
is this discussion to do with some history of yours? if not i would not say hosting a mir server is having "Great Power" Creating a server that draws in and holds all the fanboys/girls of mir is.

i can see spending a day looking through threads and posts that most people on here do not even get along? just my assumption. if thats the case, a merge could never happen. it only takes 1 leak to sink a ship. maybe those interested should form together who hold a common unity with zero egotism.
from what i can gather it would seem Project69 is the only server to have stood up against the sands of time yet seems dead now, why?
are people like Lilcooldoodie and leocrasher still on here?

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
is this discussion to do with some history of yours? if not i would not say hosting a mir server is having "Great Power" Creating a server that draws in and holds all the fanboys/girls of mir is.

i can see spending a day looking through threads and posts that most people on here do not even get along? just my assumption. if thats the case, a merge could never happen. it only takes 1 leak to sink a ship. maybe those interested should form together who hold a common unity with zero egotism.
from what i can gather it would seem Project69 is the only server to have stood up against the sands of time yet seems dead now, why?

Depends how you manage the situation. Having a mir server its like playing Russian roulette.

You can either have good content on it and players will stick to it until they get bored or you are a great GM and ppls appreciate your efforts(its RARE).

Take a look on what Chronicles was on its years -- new files, great team, decent content.
Then take a look on all mir2 servers from now on, they open few months and then close or keep it online for another few months.

Reactions: XloverBoy7X

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
He's not far wrong though, is he?

Zircon - Pig lvlers, miners and hoping for the EXP boots from someong dying.

Arcadia - Stalls?

Not sure about the others, but isn't Valkyrie's rested from being logged in, in a sz?
You gain rested exp faster on Valk if you are offline so it encourages to log your char off when your not online.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
There is no hope in hell that the Soma Dev server has a higher UC than the entire base of Mir 2 servers on LOMCN. The one and only reason that the Soma player base is all on 1 single server is due to their server file restrictions. 1 team took the Soma coding project on board and went private with it, where as LOMCN has been very much open source with a whole lot of projects. SomaDev would be a very different place right now if their community was anything like LOMCN.

Reactions: -Luke-

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
There is no hope in hell that the Soma Dev server has a higher UC than the entire base of Mir 2 servers on LOMCN. The one and only reason that the Soma player base is all on 1 single server is due to their server file restrictions. 1 team took the Soma coding project on board and went private with it, where as LOMCN has been very much open source with a whole lot of projects. SomaDev would be a very different place right now if their community was anything like LOMCN.

Which is a shame because it would be nice to have more than just a couple Soma servers to play.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Highrates? Why ppls are so brainwashed nowdays with 129132 dmg, stupid drop rates that makes your screen looking like christmas tree?

:unsure:

I like big numbers because I feel I'm way more pro than I really am. :(

Jokes aside, I like some high rates not because the high numbers but because the fast paced gameplay.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
no idea... GN was the tv shower and DB was the publisher?

no other names or anything.. weird...

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
is there MoS private servers?

There was plenty of them for years, they private servers made an appearance a year or two after LOMCN launched. I regularly hopped back and forth between M2 & MoS servers. Mental had a RZ server running once upon a time too. The files are a pile of pish though and it was literally impossible to add any form of new content.