Why are Mir Server counts lower than Soma?

Join Discord

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
ye but curious who developed it

Can't recall the actual devs but they pulled out of further development very near the start. The official server went years without an update simply because there was no further content. If I recall correctly it was 1 of the Soma GM's that provided the patch/updates before GN pulled the plug.

There was a guy on orpg who said he was 1 of the devs for Dark Eden but was an original one for MoS. You can see the gameplay resemblance:

Edit > looks like theres an updated verision now:

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
id love to see a low rate server like euro/usa, super hard to level, think some mir 2 servers do well to kinda match this style but only even play a Mir 3 server clone to euro that was Ice & Fire was really good server but GM was not active.

i remember seeing some one with a FGB think hes name was RKWindCards and i was like **** i want that.... and when you get your first 44 armor dropped, now a days you use them armors to add stats on weapon :(

Id love to see a server a clone

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Arcadia - Stalls?

Shame to see an Administrator here drumming that rhetoric. After-all, a server full of stalls. Who's buying?
Post automatically merged:

from what i can gather it would seem Project69 is the only server to have stood up against the sands of time yet seems dead now, why?

Project69 was online for 11 years before the user-count really dropped off. It would probably today's Arcadia had I not actually launched Arcadia, which was based heavily on Project69 using the latest source code

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Shame to see an Administrator here drumming that rhetoric. After-all, a server full of stalls. Who's buying?

Project69 was online for 11 years before the user-count really dropped off. It would probably today's Arcadia had I not actually launched Arcadia, which was based heavily on Project69 using the latest source code
To be fair, I don't know.. Hence the question mark.

tha4thface2

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 26, 2018

I have spent the past week literally downloading every different mir2 server and i have to say it looks like Arcadia is where i will settle. i don't know why i amput off by custom maps etc (i want the nostalgic mir look) but it does seem to be the only one i can safely settle on without an overnight user count disappearing act. i spent the last day trying Primordials but its not my cup of tea, tooo custom for me.
i use to have a P69 char, are you able to transfer or must you start from fresh?
suddenly upon checking Arcadia as claimed the number 1 spot and derailed Primordials already lol is there an event on?? hehe

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I have spent the past week literally downloading every different mir2 server and i have to say it looks like Arcadia is where i will settle. i don't know why i amput off by custom maps etc (i want the nostalgic mir look) but it does seem to be the only one i can safely settle on without an overnight user count disappearing act. i spent the last day trying Primordials but its not my cup of tea, tooo custom for me.
i use to have a P69 char, are you able to transfer or must you start from fresh?
suddenly upon checking Arcadia as claimed the number 1 spot and derailed Primordials already lol is there an event on?? hehe
The general UC diminishing on servers tends to correlate due to recent servers having a quick life span. I was the same, you can only handle investing in so many servers to see your characters disappear into the mist; Arcadia being a long standing server has that as a huge draw in itself!

There is an event on Arcadia as well as it having a large number of stalls with count towards it's UC but we do contend for top spot which I am happy with, and the UC does fluctuate quiet high on a night, I might introduce some feature to keep players logged in and see what happens :P

As for not being your cup of tea, that's fair enough! but I do wan't to say that majority of the 'nostalgic' caves are actually still in the game ^.^ (as well as a lot of new custom maps too!)

Happy Mirring!

tha4thface2

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 26, 2018
Wasn't Myth of Soma part of the WeMade group?
yes it got released before Phoenix server on mir came out.
The general UC diminishing on servers tends to correlate due to recent servers having a quick life span. I was the same, you can only handle investing in so many servers to see your characters disappear into the mist; Arcadia being a long standing server has that as a huge draw in itself!

There is an event on Arcadia as well as it having a large number of stalls with count towards it's UC but we do contend for top spot which I am happy with, and the UC does fluctuate quiet high on a night, I might introduce some feature to keep players logged in and see what happens :p

As for not being your cup of tea, that's fair enough! but I do wan't to say that majority of the 'nostalgic' caves are actually still in the game ^.^ (as well as a lot of new custom maps too!)

Happy Mirring!
I want bichon wall and serpant valley etc lool old skool. to be fair, Primordial is actually alright. i spent time doing quests and leveling but its just that home map that changes the feel for me. im actually just being a mardy nob because i just want to play some 1.4 phoenix and i can't.the fact ive got to re learn every npc location and cave coords just makes me feel like arrrgggghhh!!! i enjoy archons but not alone but i suppose thats only because i know it like the back of my hand lol i wasn't dissing your server or anything, ill probably end up playing it some more once i convince myself to get use to the "new"
i have not played a p server since the days of ragezone and frozen etc

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Oh I wasn't having a go, I just understand some people see a new server and are wary about its longevity but the TPR team are all in it for the long haul (RIP my hair).

I get missing the old Bichon, who knows I might be able to re-use that map later down the line ;P
As for Serpent Valley, that's there! just a different route to it.

If you want any more information on the server before you jump on, just drop me a message on here

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

Arcadias usercount is only so high due to the afk stalls to sell things take these away and theres about 20/30 active but unless your from the middle east all you will get is death threats and insults from the majority of players left dont waste your time

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Stalls, stalls, everywhere :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mixed in between a **** load of people having fun :cool:

Stop hatin', start lovin', don't miss out ;)

tha4thface2

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 26, 2018
Oh I wasn't having a go, I just understand some people see a new server and are wary about its longevity but the TPR team are all in it for the long haul (RIP my hair).

I get missing the old Bichon, who knows I might be able to re-use that map later down the line ;P
As for Serpent Valley, that's there! just a different route to it.

If you want any more information on the server before you jump on, just drop me a message on here

i just went on and started playing and its crashed i believe?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
SO IT WAS YOU!

Yeah we fixed that bug now, also gave us downtime for our lil' patch! haha

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stalls, stalls, everywhere :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mixed in between a **** load of people having fun :cool:

Stop hatin', start lovin', don't miss out ;)

Many well known cheaters in those pics. 3 of which have cheated on every server they have played. I know they invest a lot of £££$$$ so server owners tend to turn a blind eye to it. Would defo put me off playing a sever with that shower of **** belonging to it.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
:LOL: Who are you referring to? And what sort of cheats? Aint no cheaters in my lands. Remember, cheaters never win and winners never cheat.

Don't let it put you off anyway, the current community is fantastic and I really love keeping the game alive for them. Had nothing but praise from new players regarding the higher levels taking care of them

Reactions: LightBringer

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Hey I am not hating, I think any way to incentive people to stay logged in is a good thing, makes the server feel busy all day/night!

Good to see a long term server owner still give a damn ^.^

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
yeah to be fair i thought scorpian was doing something dodgy with usercounts as well for a while but honestly the forums are active and the server does look great, nothing funny going on with it, just a dedicated owner with years of experience

• Love
Reactions: Scorpian

tha4thface2

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 26, 2018
yeah to be fair i thought scorpian was doing something dodgy with usercounts as well for a while but honestly the forums are active and the server does look great, nothing funny going on with it, just a dedicated owner with years of experience
I suppose when you held a community for over 13 years and his rivals vanished its hard to figure out how.

SO IT WAS YOU!

Yeah we fixed that bug now, also gave us downtime for our lil' patch! haha
I finally got into oma cave and felt the nost for 3.6seca then the plug got pulled lool