Why Do you Quit?

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
I also feel the time of year factions in, most of us live in the UK, so when summer time comes we all have family’s an don’t want to stay at home.
Edit: off topic, Mir needs fresh faces now idk if this is abit far fetched but has anyone thought of reaching out to the Gamer youtubers? Idk if it wud be worth it? Just a thought

Last edited:

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
Guess for me it comes down to haves and have nots, putting the time in but not feeling the rewards. If everything starts to seem out of reach i start to lose interest.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I also feel the time of year factions in, most of us live in the UK, so when summer time comes we all have family’s an don’t want to stay at home.
Edit: off topic, Mir needs fresh faces now idk if this is abit far fetched but has anyone thought of reaching out to the Gamer youtubers? Idk if it wud be worth it? Just a thought
I think a game this old, with no official server would struggle to bring in new faces tbh.

Reactions: Pete107 and Belle

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I think with things like catch up mechanics it tarnishes a stability issue. The top players sometimes feel robbed of their hard work and the newcomers do not get to see all your early game hard work.

If it’s a money maker? Then you need to create servers that pack a punch and be willing to change everything you have done to suit the wallet.

If it’s a hobby? To show ideas off? Then I think to have a goal of getting ppl not to quit is going to leave you in a catch 22 scenario. Punish the top players and get newcomers on board or stick to your guns and see the UC drop off but still carry on showing off your content as best you can.

Side Note - What we could do with is an ultra low rate as a base....run by a strict team, even LOMCN themselves bring out an official/unofficial server. Everyone can congregate here even GMs and the rates never change it remains a place of community for however long the Forum goes for. (Make it so you only can play if your a subscriber to levitate costs)

Then all the other servers can still do what they do best and players of all types can enjoy them but players have that base to log in to.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistodon

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I agree, that most people go where the "hype" is, but really this is due to the players it's attracting. There were entire groups of people not willing to try EuroReborn because it didn't go past 150 players, if the "hype" isn't there (As in the players), then a lot of people won't give it the time...i'm the same, although i don't have quite as high standards as 150 players lol...maybe like 100.

For me, this is a big thing.

I wont play a server with less than 200 Users.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I thought when you release TPR , that out had it would no offline no matter the UC? So is the the same thinking on your new server?

• Haha
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Ahh I remember now on Prim, at the start there was a lot of late night crashes and server not coming back online till morning(sleeping obviously your not aloud To😂) defo lost ppl because of it.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Ahh I remember now on Prim, at the start there was a lot of late night crashes and server not coming back online till morning(sleeping obviously your not aloud To😂) defo lost ppl because of it.
Yeah this was a big problem for the initial UC drop, had a lot of late nights, then when I thought " its stabilised"
nope...
All issues were addressed in the source hence why we are using it as the base for this project we are working on.

Definitely planning the launch more strategically - that and having a week off work so I can fully commit to the launch week :D

I thought when you release TPR , that out had it would no offline no matter the UC? So is the the same thinking on your new server?

That's correct, the UC was 0 more than it had people (or person) on, hence the decision to close the server.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I think you gotta really change it up with fresh additions and a really good add for a V2. Because 100+ UC are going to remember why they quit the first time...

For instance the only 1 that springs to mind is ValkV2 he’s launching with 6 new classes at least, so that there makes it a difference to the first and the old UC will see it as fresh.

Also my memory is crap nowadays but did u launch V1 with 3 and add sin after? Or my talking bonkers

• Love
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
@Pottsy regarding lack of testing...

You and your 'elitist' group expect like server owners are some sort of companies that got departments for developing, testing, ticketing and so on.

Lack of testing probably wasnt, ever, when your certain group is on top.

No one is demanding you run a full QA department.
But a base line of checks against the code you have written and what it affected is not asking much.

As mentioned a quick 60 second check that the functionality is intact is all it takes and a number of servers don't even put this isn't to practice.

You refer to us as an "Elitist group" Despite us having provided constructive feedback with reasoning and more often than not - the numbers to back up any issues we are seeing (Damage values, clear issues with the way something was implemented) etc.

This often gets confused with "Moaning" as many servers owners claim.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
regardless of personal opinions and views of players.

my server wouldnt have been fixed so quickly and altered to be a better low rate experience without the group of players who cained it and provided feedback

like i say we dont all agree and we wont on certain issues, but the group does have more experience in gameplay than every server owner ive come across

Reactions: Reverance

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Side Note - What we could do with is an ultra low rate as a base....run by a strict team, even LOMCN themselves bring out an official/unofficial server. Everyone can congregate here even GMs and the rates never change it remains a place of community for however long the Forum goes for. (Make it so you only can play if your a subscriber to levitate costs)

Then all the other servers can still do what they do best and players of all types can enjoy them but players have that base to log in to.

An official LOMCN server is something I've been thinking about for some time, but would need the right team members to pull it off.