Why Do you Quit?

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I have been playing OldSkool Mir since lockdown, and it's got some great features and had an amazing usercount (probably a lot higher than usual because of lockdown)
but some of the main things that people have been quitting over are:

Nerfs to classes that were way too harsh instead of actually testing or doing them slowly he seems to go all in

Discord - THIS is the worst thing ever, everybody is free just to spout of shite about things that need a lot more looking into, forums are a way more constructive way to put things to game masters, being able to just message a gm and go back and forth isnt right if they game masters are prone to giving in to people before testing thoroughly.

Too much of a level gap or gap or item gap, of course people are going to have amazing kit but on OS its literally first hit wins the pvp because of the overpowered items.

Drops - this is a hard one because at the start bosses were dropping soooo much stuff then he nerfed it to basically nothing, so half the usercount now has like 90% of the money/rare items in the game saved on accounts

Rewinds after a patch has been introduced and people find an exploit.

these imo are some of the main reasons people rage and quit mir servers.

Reactions: Tai

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Glad that this thread still has traction as it consistently gives great feedback.

On the note of Discord, It's was a big problem on TPR due to how much stuff gets out of hand in there, however we are really creating our unique discord, we've merged ticketing systems in there (so you can raise bug tickets, balance concerns etc) whilst also introducing bots that act as automatic admins.

We want a discord, but we want it policed etc without us having to do too much!

Drops is the hardest thing to get right, however, its more trying to get the constant effort & reward feeling is balanced.
And Balance, I am hoping we can do it on a much more structured process; ideally nothing is going to be so out of 'the norm' that we can test and put it into the weekly/fortnightly scheduled patch.

I am hoping that we can have a patch schedule that is consistent and not all based off of Knee Jerk changes (obviously exceptions to this will be things like server crash fixes, potential exploits, serious balance issues (getting 1 shot by fireball... for example)).

Having this consistent gives a lot to players, it also allows things that may seem a tad 'unbalanced' to play out and people realise its actually not that strong, it was that you were 6/7 levels lower than the mob/player smashing you up with the spell.

miron96

LOMCN Rookie
Sep 30, 2018
Well, pk system was bad.. the economy of the server was also bad TM was pure empty, you didnt had nothing good to buy cuz players didnt get nothing from bosses.. luck system also bad, bosses were to ez and were more ez at the beginin, u change them but for nothin, that retard bull boss teleporting was pure **** change cuz u stil can kill it with a solo wizz, ofc a wizz with good kit..That those 2 kits wich were interesting but to hard to make them, dunno for sure were more things that were bad cant remember but especially the pk for loads of bosses they didnt exist cuz loads of them didnt know how to kill em just after a long time lol and bosses warent to many, that big boss on that map was a big useless thing, lords with good drop were good insteed, worth to find to increase pk, the server was such a PVE style never saw such less pk on a server. Well and thats it, must ask my friends for more infos but i bet they forgot 2. I saw some1 wrote favoritism im agree with that guy 2

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Well, pk system was bad.. the economy of the server was also bad TM was pure empty, you didnt had nothing good to buy cuz players didnt get nothing from bosses.. luck system also bad, bosses were to ez and were more ez at the beginin, u change them but for nothin, that retard bull boss teleporting was pure **** change cuz u stil can kill it with a solo wizz, ofc a wizz with good kit..That those 2 kits wich were interesting but to hard to make them, dunno for sure were more things that were bad cant remember but especially the pk for loads of bosses they didnt exist cuz loads of them didnt know how to kill em just after a long time lol and bosses warent to many, that big boss on that map was a big useless thing, lords with good drop were good insteed, worth to find to increase pk, the server was such a PVE style never saw such less pk on a server. Well and thats it, must ask my friends for more infos but i bet they forgot 2. I saw some1 wrote favoritism im agree with that guy 2

I mean, what?
Are you on about TPR here?

As half the things you mentioned didn't make sense as it doesn't relate to TPR.

The only general things I can see are drop rates (which I agree need to be balanced well) and favouritism (which I stated before, may be a thing on some servers) but players push for the idea 1 person/guild is being favoured over the other, when its not the case.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
If you can’t handle Discord and it’s flames then I’d say don’t bother doing a server.

If you don’t like someone’s negative attitude or just plain being rude just remove them...I have banned approximately 10 ppl and I smiled when I did. 🙄

Reactions: mistodon

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
If you can’t handle Discord and it’s flames then I’d say don’t bother doing a server.

If you don’t like someone’s negative attitude or just plain being rude just remove them...I have banned approximately 10 ppl and I smiled when I did. 🙄

I mean I can handle Discord, its more other players can't, or mis-read what some people are spamming about.
Like I said we have made our discord much more efficient so should go a lot better than before (it was un-policed last time haha)

Dont think anyone got to the point (PMs as well) where I felt like I needed to ban them, some were close but I have a lot of patience

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I mean I can handle Discord, its more other players can't, or mis-read what some people are spamming about.
Like I said we have made our discord much more efficient so should go a lot better than before (it was un-policed last time haha)

Dont think anyone got to the point (PMs as well) where I felt like I needed to ban them, some were close but I have a lot of patience

My reply was to Kazuya bro 😎 U have nothing to fear with your GM skills said that before u put a lot into it

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
There are many reasons servers fail to keep people interested for a long time.

First of all the number of people that will potentially play a server is specific and doesn't increase. No random person will see an ad somewhere and will suddenly join a server. As a result the population usually peaks within the first 1-2 months and then just declines.

Secondly mir community (and i dont exclude myself) is fairly low IQ and retarded. 20 years after launch and they still believe that X class is the only class that should boss hunt solo, Y class should level 10 times faster than the rest and Z class shouldn't even bother logging on if their mates aren't online unless they plan to harvest hens. These rules apply to no other MMORPG or Arpg. Surely the classes are supposed to play/feel different but all classes are supposed to have access to all content with different but equal perks.

Thirdly server creators need to wonder what makes mir fun? In my opinion thats the competition, the initial race to hit the top and the constant progress. However the above make it hard for newcomers since you simply cant have fun when people are 50lvls ahead of you. So you either need to find something creative with level caps or a level-less system or whatever or your server is doomed to die since if someone simply wants to take a break for couple weeks he basicly can't return unless he works his ass off doing boring-tedius leveling overnight.

In general Mir is still stuck 20years ago and isn't evolving. All loot-rpg's one way or another they are reseting the ladders and removing the progress perks either with complete resets or with expansions that make the previous progress worthless and there is a reason they do that. To recreate the initial rush and to make their games more newcomer/return friendly.

So trying to make a mir server that will last a good while without people get bored is impossible from the get go

miron96

LOMCN Rookie
Sep 30, 2018
I mean, what?
Are you on about TPR here?

As half the things you mentioned didn't make sense as it doesn't relate to TPR.

The only general things I can see are drop rates (which I agree need to be balanced well) and favouritism (which I stated before, may be a thing on some servers) but players push for the idea 1 person/guild is being favoured over the other, when its not the case.
I think you didnt check your own sever Because ur Lack of commitment and comms, i play it till the end just u dont like the response it wasnt that way, accept ur failure ty.
Post automatically merged:

I think you didnt check your own sever Because ur Lack of commitment and comms, i play it till the end just u dont like the response it wasnt that way, accept ur failure ty.
Lets not forget the loads of quest were bugged and subs drop better than bosses and taganda changes were so bad

Lets not forget the loads of quest were bugged and subs drop better than bosses and taganda changes were so bad
Oh and the gem succes was also bad and the orbs were So rare and the bad drops of ascended ancient etc jeez îs So much more i cant Even remember all

Oh and the gem succes was also bad and the orbs were So rare and the bad drops of ascended ancient etc jeez îs So much more i cant Even remember all
Live changes etc the most bad thing subs droping better than epics lol

Last edited:

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
I'm to busy with life work to even start a game let alone quit one.

Sad times.

Was watching quite a few YouTube videos of old servers god I miss it haha.

• Haha
Reactions: LightBringer

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

Live changes etc the most bad thing subs droping better than epics lol

Oh I remember you, you were the one I almost banned from pming me on Discord.

You literally complained about everything that didn't go your way, you pmed me constantly to lower drop rates of things, when people got stuff and you didn't it was unfair etc; and to be fair, you hurled abuse consistently, looking back, I should've just banned you, it'd save me a ton of time!

So lets address these issues you've stated (despite the OP not being specifically about TPR) - but I will defend my own old server.
You think I didn't have commitment ? I kept the server running for a year, even when the UC went to 1-5 UC, I even put effort and time in to get a resurgence with the UC.

Loads of quests weren't bugged, there were loads of quests and a few were bugged (considering the amount of quests there were, it wasn't all that bad) - and we addressed them quickly.

It was a low rate server, of course gems weren't going to get you +3-4 of each stat easily, people still managed to do it by going through kit to get there, Orbs were supposed to be rare, but if you hunted epic bosses with people orbs were always in the guaranteed drop rotations.
>Subs generally dropped better than Main Bosses because Subs spawned more frequently but Bosses had a better drop file (something I have addressed on my new server)
> as for Taganda, the changes were good, he was an epic boss that was dying easily before hand.

The problem with your mentality was its all about you, if something got changed that stopped you being able to do something as efficiently you would constantly moan, however if you found something that was way to easy, you would never report it.

miron96

LOMCN Rookie
Sep 30, 2018
Oh I remember you, you were the one I almost banned from pming me on Discord.

You literally complained about everything that didn't go your way, you pmed me constantly to lower drop rates of things, when people got stuff and you didn't it was unfair etc; and to be fair, you hurled abuse consistently, looking back, I should've just banned you, it'd save me a ton of time!

So lets address these issues you've stated (despite the OP not being specifically about TPR) - but I will defend my own old server.
You think I didn't have commitment ? I kept the server running for a year, even when the UC went to 1-5 UC, I even put effort and time in to get a resurgence with the UC.

Loads of quests weren't bugged, there were loads of quests and a few were bugged (considering the amount of quests there were, it wasn't all that bad) - and we addressed them quickly.

It was a low rate server, of course gems weren't going to get you +3-4 of each stat easily, people still managed to do it by going through kit to get there, Orbs were supposed to be rare, but if you hunted epic bosses with people orbs were always in the guaranteed drop rotations.
>Subs generally dropped better than Main Bosses because Subs spawned more frequently but Bosses had a better drop file (something I have addressed on my new server)
> as for Taganda, the changes were good, he was an epic boss that was dying easily before hand.

The problem with your mentality was its all about you, if something got changed that stopped you being able to do something as efficiently you would constantly moan, however if you found something that was way to easy, you would never report it.
Trust me it were my all guild complains, cuz i was the only one who had Balls and time to write cuz They didnt give a fk to waste time speaking with you it îs another problem, it were to many things defend it how you want u still failed! Low rate and a good server was Apoc not urs

Trust me it were my all guild complains, cuz i was the only one who had Balls and time to write cuz They didnt give a fk to waste time speaking with you it îs another problem, it were to many things defend it how you want u still failed! Low rate and a good server was Apoc not urs
You want me to write all of them to see that îs true ? I dont have nothing to prove to you server going down it shows all

You want me to write all of them to see that îs true ? I dont have nothing to prove to you server going down it shows all
ANS never on a low rate sever subs ment to drop better than bosses and we were bossing all time, maybe in your eyes but u see the player eyes Counts not urs

ANS never on a low rate sever subs ment to drop better than bosses and we were bossing all time, maybe in your eyes but u see the player eyes Counts not urs
Ah i forgot to mention @Morganja who was speaking also in name the name of His guild. U cant face it bro, however u want to defend it, it had potential but yes u didnt had commitment trust me maybe when u were dreaming

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I mean, I am not going to argue with you, or even debate, as you get stuck in a loop it seems, reading over Discord, I have no idea why I responded in the first place.

but here is 1 snippet of the points you had to make to me on discord...
u didnt fi
5000 bugg
u ******
ppl died broke ascension orb
necky etc
at least it wasnt in kr
**** u
and we fail again
u ****e dup hardely
we are the only one who kill and u make it harder
this is a ****in joke
take six hrs from ur ****in time
and make the ****in server

How you think that is at all productive or why I would listen to half the stuff you said when you have nothing constructive to say.

And you are entitled to your opinions, and I wont see you on my server which isn't necessarily a bad thing if all you bring is toxicity to it.
Take Care!

miron96

LOMCN Rookie
Sep 30, 2018
I mean, I am not going to argue with you, or even debate, as you get stuck in a loop it seems, reading over Discord, I have no idea why I responded in the first place.

but here is 1 snippet of the points you had to make to me on discord...
u didnt fi
5000 bugg
u ******
ppl died broke ascension orb
necky etc
at least it wasnt in kr
**** u
and we fail again
u ****e dup hardely
we are the only one who kill and u make it harder
this is a ****in joke
take six hrs from ur ****in time
and make the ****in server

How you think that is at all productive or why I would listen to half the stuff you said when you have nothing constructive to say.

And you are entitled to your opinions, and I wont see you on my server which isn't necessarily a bad thing if all you bring is toxicity to it.
Take Care!
Ye toxicity, i talk nice until u didnt give a fk anymore, as a guild leader speaking for all, i didnt want too but i had no choice cuz no one wanted to speak with you because u didnt care anymore told you believe What you want, we believe what we see and play 😎 good luck you are the fkin first gm on Mir who was more useless than a trust merchant, trust me in normal, every1 who knows me They know aswell, wasnt full agression with a gm on no1 server until urs. Take care aswell, hope in the future you will have more brains