[Other] will Mir3 / Kings / Mir2 Run on Windows 8 ???

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
Hello all, ive been looking at windows 8 over the past few days and i was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of any mir servers been applicable with windows 8.

if anyone know that it will or wont work can you please reply or give me a pm.

Many Thanks /Ben

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i believe windows 8 is based on the same platform as windows 7, so no reason why it shouldn't. You always have compatibility mode anyway.

Have you tried windows 8 yet? It's designed for touch screens and tablet based computers, i doubt you'll have a good experience if you're using it on normal desktop / laptop.

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
i meen running a server on it, as loader3g and Netcheck from 3.55 doesnt work on windows 7. i havent really tryed kings server on it.

and ahh okay thanks for the reply anyways.

/Ben

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
I'm trying to get Holley files working under 64-bit platform, issue, can not seem to get Armadillo Crack to register in the registry to store the key for HWID. When I try to register Script.dll via cmd prompt with regsrv 32, I get error, 998. Is it just me or is there any way to get Script.dll to read for 64 bit pc?

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Hi, I've seen that you were talking about running a server, but I will talk about playing:

I had a laptop with Win7 which ran Holley's client very badly. The only way to play was installing XP and play from that OS. And it didn't work at full performance.

Now, I've a new laptop (which is better, you can imagine it lol), which runs Holley client almost perfectly in Win7. I installed Win8 (it came with the laptop) and it also works well in this OS.

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
As I did ask this question a few days back. ill anser it now I got windows 8. I tried to use loader3g and netcheck ( the 2 gates that didn't work on windows 7 ) and they don't work on this either,, other then that windows 8 is great and I will upload a copy of Windows 8 Pro soon (you will have to find your own key to use on the internet).. /Ben

Serane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2012
3.55 wont work on win7,win8,win vista. He is based on old xp
Kings shoul be able to run on Windows XP SP3,Windows 7 32bit/vista sp1 don't kow nothing about windows8 maybe it will run because no many ifferences between win7 and 8 only design stuffs

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Mine is made in 12/2012 Try to run another VM program other than Microsoft VM xp mode. Get error from XP not for this Platform, thats xp 32bit SP3. XP pro 64bit might run under Java VM program but must change (APIC) setting which i cant find in BIOS. Havnt tryed Vista Sp1, or Win7 32bit.

Will give link on Oracle Virtual machiine, alot more Setting than XP mode in VM Microshit

http://www.pcmtechhelp.com/category/free-downloads/operating-systems-free-software-downloads/

Last edited: