Windows 11

smoochy boys on tour

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Anyone upgraded yet?

got a gaming PC coming today and not sure if its best to just stay on w10 for gaming if it w11 isn't already installed

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Don't update if you have a Ryzen processor.

For some reason performance drops around 15% in some cases. I'd wait several month before updating if I used Windows.

Reactions: Sanjian and Pusha

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It's OK
For the general user, no real point upgrading, it's just laid out like MAC OS.

Reactions: Pusha

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I've been running Windows 11 since the leaked build. It runs completely fine on my system using a Ryzen 7 2700x
Been playing COD BOCW and the vanguard beta just fine.

Reactions: Pusha

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Update: Microsoft has forced users to have a TPM on their system. A lot of people using older hardware won't have this so to bypass the TPM check I have managed to find a solution.

Tutorial

Github Link // Direct Download (ZIP) < Rename to MediaCreationTool.bat

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
I’ve tried, but for some reason it won’t show update in windows update, I’m running windows 10 pro, guessing maybe it hasn’t rolled out yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I’ve tried, but for some reason it won’t show update in windows update, I’m running windows 10 pro, guessing maybe it hasn’t rolled out yet 🤷🏻‍♂️
You may have a TPM to be fair. You can check by doing this:

How to check your TPM version​

Checking your TPM is really easy. Users can press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialogue box. They can then type in ‘tpm.msc’ without the inverted commas and hit enter. A subsequent screen, the TPM Management screen, will pop up if the feature is enabled and will show you other details. If there is no TPM present or enabled, you will see the same in a message.

If you do then type your motherboard's name in google and it should show you how to turn TPM on.

Restart and check windows update.

You can also join the Windows Insider program too.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
build a new system a few weeks ago, and put windows 11 on it, it's been fine.

Reactions: Jev

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
You may have a TPM to be fair. You can check by doing this:

How to check your TPM version​

Checking your TPM is really easy. Users can press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialogue box. They can then type in ‘tpm.msc’ without the inverted commas and hit enter. A subsequent screen, the TPM Management screen, will pop up if the feature is enabled and will show you other details. If there is no TPM present or enabled, you will see the same in a message.

If you do then type your motherboard's name in google and it should show you how to turn TPM on.

Restart and check windows update.

You can also join the Windows Insider program too.

This worked a treat, but I didn’t like it and reverted back to 10pro 🤣 TPM 2.0 wasn’t enabled on my MSI Z490, quick enable from the BIOs and ping, there it was, but nice one for the info 👍🏻

Reactions: Jev