Post automatically merged:

Sorry guys video low quality ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
this is Alex178, who got banned for making a server " mir revenge" hes on fb only he got banned on here b4 he corrupt and ye...

Reactions: Luca

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Rather have a goddamn shadow than this garbage.
i was going to say the same....

the amount of players that throw mobs in without shadows just to bulk content... its gross, i would much rather have less content but the content you have looks decent.

and that spell looks bloody terrible, i dont get the points of these posts, its like that taoist spell post.. gutter trash :(

Luca

LOMCN Member
Apr 20, 2021
this is Alex178, who got banned for making a server " mir revenge" hes on fb only he got banned on here b4 he corrupt and

this is Alex178, who got banned for making a server " mir revenge" hes on fb only he got banned on here b4 he corrupt and ye...
Ya I know about alex he got banned from lomcn

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Its not that much lack of shadow on the mob as that the mob simply doesn't belong on these maps. Maybe in a cave setting it would be more acceptable.

I played a server last year that had many new mobs thrown in without any mob sounds ('420' server?), not sure there were any shadows either, and it was playable. You had your own weapon sounds so it wasn't like silent movie. I thought it was worthwhile in that seeing new mobs compensated for the lack of sounds or shadows which you wouldn't tolerate if they were standard euro mobs.

What I find most grating in this regard is a bad mob dying/dead animation when the mob simply flops down (probably added rotated image of mob in photoshop so it looks flat, although sometimes it is so bad that it is funny). I've seen that on big servers too but you got to cut slack because it is a hard job to do all these things properly.

Red flame 'tiger' somewhat similar to the above was on Ben's server (I might be mistaken about the server owner) maybe couple yrs back? It was a sub or maybe a lord that spawned outdoor in BP and that was ridiculous on all counts.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
How done one post an essay every time

MasterD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 27, 2003
Prime example of "less is more"

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk