Wont boot without resetting CMOS

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hi, i recently bought a few parts and built myself a PC, its nothing special,-

I now have the issue, that when i power down my PC, to power it back on , i must reset the CMOS jumper for it to boot, i have replaced the CMOS battery, and when the pc is running i have no issues what so ever, it boots quick, loads my games and runs perfectly, so im doubting its the PSU?

I have upgraded the bios as the mobo was a4, i have now upgraded to the latest a10 software for my mobo, all my drivers have been downloaded and installed.

The only thing is, my power button doesn't work and my reset button doesn't work, i have to switch it on via the "hard" switch on the back of the desktop. Could this be the issue?

All of my parts have been tested in other computers EXCEPT the PSU, this is the only thing i think which could be causing the issue as its not sending power to the power switches , which could cause issues?

A few specs

Motherboard : Dell ,A10 , 0GDG8Y, 1155 LGA
RAM : 8GB x2 DDR3 4gb sticks - have tried reseating
GPU : GeForce GT 705 2gb DDR3
CPU: Core i5, 2320 3ghz
OS : Windows 10 ( this isnt activated yet, could that cause it?)
PSU : Raidmax atx12v 500w

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The only thing is, my power button doesn't work and my reset button doesn't work, i have to switch it on via the "hard" switch on the back of the desktop. Could this be the issue?

Make sure you have the correct wires for restart and start etc. on the right pins on the motherboard.
They are easy to get wrong or miss when they are double width.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Make sure you have the correct wires for restart and start etc. on the right pins on the motherboard.
They are easy to get wrong or miss when they are double width.

They are both plugged in to the correct slots according to the labels on the mobo ,however if the wire is faulty, would that cause the issue in having to reset cmos jumper everytime i powered off my PC?

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Only time I've seen similar problems like this is when the jumpers are in the correct slots just back to front (-+/+-). Doubtful it would be the PSU.
Double checked layout online?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Only time I've seen similar problems like this is when the jumpers are in the correct slots just back to front (-+/+-). Doubtful it would be the PSU.
Double checked layout online?

Yeah 10000% , i doubted myself a few times but they are in the right slots.

lukaskupasz

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 24, 2018
[FONT=&quot]Have you tried any of these yet?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Several listings name a bad battery for this. Even though this is a new build, try it. Replace the battery or at least take it out and clean the battery and socket. Eraser does this nicely (clean out any leftovers)[/FONT]