Woool (The World Of Legend) Classic Shanda official Server

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

Why would they put this into a classic server? This is what killed woool and turned it into a quest based game. Anyone wondering it's a auto bot feature, enable it and it will go and kill the nearest monster automatically, not sure if this has auto pot which am guessing it dose, you don't even need to play this to level up, just leave it afk.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Looks like a hard hard pass. i dont like to normally post negative **** but what the f is that. if what sanity said is true i dont see a point in playing also the walking / running and that shoulder dash lock he had you in would be enough to make me insta log xD play POE or diablo anything but that xD save ya time.. on the other note i like how you done a video ect of it lil break down some what a few mir server`s as of late could of done this somewhat with the advertisement / betas ..

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I have to agree tbh I think people used to see this as the holy grail Mir in HD but looking at it now as a game it just looks awful lol

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Oh i can't agree with this, woool graphics are stunning compared to Mir, mir to me has always felt clunky where as woool is much smoother. If the client source was released, people could make something good, things like auto lock on, instant running and other elements would be removed and you get something similar to Mir but visually much better and better balance with classes.

Kinder new bosses in woool, seeing these in game is nice, also with proper 1920 res support.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Oh i can't agree with this, woool graphics are stunning compared to Mir, mir to me has always felt clunky where as woool is much smoother. If the client source was released, people could make something good, things like auto lock on, instant running and other elements would be removed and you get something similar to Mir but visually much better and better balance with classes.

Kinder new bosses in woool, seeing these in game is nice, also with proper 1920 res support.

This..... wow..... 💦

e691f35921.gif

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles

Why would they put this into a classic server? This is what killed woool and turned it into a quest based game. Anyone wondering it's a auto bot feature, enable it and it will go and kill the nearest monster automatically, not sure if this has auto pot which am guessing it dose, you don't even need to play this to level up, just leave it afk.

Yeah, I don't like auto-play feature but it is what it is.
I guess there's some reason why they do this i can think of :
1. When char reach level 7 you have to pay to play meaning you have to pay game credit for playtime.
every sec count into playtime. So they make t his auto-play feature just to keep players online as much as possible.
2. In China's gaming market especially for Mir games, avg players of Mir now reach their 30s 40s.
*They don't have much time to really grind anymore? Family and their job or work, heavyweight on the shoulder?

*They want casual players able to catch up a little bit not leaving a big gap so they don't turn away because they don't have much time?

personally I really hate Auto-play or anything related to this, but as a company, they have different might set and plans or so-called "goal" especially in China.

Post automatically merged:

That client really doesnt do the WoooL images justice, I ported alot of the WoooL mobs to crystal and they move/die/attack so much smoother than you see here

Maybe it's my setting. I set to lowers specs mode.
Post automatically merged:

I agree with what you said and thoughts!
But Shanda or game developers, unfortunately, don't have the same mindset don't really focus on player experience and details of making a great game.
This really bothers me, but we can't do nothing...

Last edited:

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
Hi Guys, Mick here, owner host of the old DSM Mates Woool, is there no new woool up and running?

I see Sanity is still around :)

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Hey bud, good to see you :) Nothing really changed around woool tbh, Shanda have added far too much crap to the client, a lot automatic systems which just kills the game so it's not worth working on nowadays.
There was Western Woool which i helped on but it didn't go to well, far too many issues that popped up.

The official client source has been leaked, now it's just a waiting game until we can get our hands on it.

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
Hey bud, good to see you :) Nothing really changed around woool tbh, Shanda have added far too much crap to the client, a lot automatic systems which just kills the game so it's not worth working on nowadays.
There was Western Woool which i helped on but it didn't go to well, far too many issues that popped up.

The official client source has been leaked, now it's just a waiting game until we can get our hands on it.
Same with the old 1.8 Mir, magic was bugged and no fix, made the game unbalanced and lots of moans for me to fix the unfixable, spent too many years re-hex to english and re script from chinese and adding additional maps/levels and events, too much work and not much appreciation, to cap it all many were only only to see if they could cheat, all very disheartening. Shame cos I loved wooil more tham Mir2 never bothered with 3

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Mick,
Long time no speak, hope you and the family are all well (SoUlCoLeCtToR).
Wool was a good laugh with all the old Crew, but yeah shame about some of the people who were playing etc as it was a decent server to play.

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
Hi Soul, we are fine thanks nice to see you are still around, we did have a good crew from old mir2 and DSM woool for many years, I miss it..