Worth buying windows 7?

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
i wouldnt need to update it...as for kyn so you dont use any ilegal software??

i can think of your serverfiles which are very legal aint there.

i see everyones point but i aint got money to throw away

I dont have to use illegal software, I get it for free as I work for Microsoft, these files are an exception, as i enjoy coding on them. Everyone pirates something, but at the end of the day the one thing you shouldnt really pirate is your OS.

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
i wouldnt need to update it...as for kyn so you dont use any ilegal software??

i can think of your serverfiles which are very legal aint there.

i see everyones point but i aint got money to throw away

Tbh over £40, are you willing to lose everything on your pc? If you really can't afford it, why not stick to XP? On the whole I agree with you, if you can get something for free, paying for it doesn't make much sense - However when we're talking about something as important as a OS, I really can't see the reason to risk it.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
how would microsoft ever shut my pc off if my updates was off? kyn thats why your so touchy :P

iam only 19 and never paid for a os , what would be the benefits of paying for it.

in my eyes all microsoft could do is stop my os from working and thats easily fixed and tallos i gunna use w7 on new pc because most driver come built in. Also its run smoother then xp 64 bit ive been told.

sorry for annoying people but its a forum and we all have our opinions.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
microsoft can easily shut off your pc, when i say this, i mean stop it from booting up.

you download an OS illegally, use an activator to trick the OS in to thinking its already been registered. microsoft crack this activator, and send an update to you reversing it. seeing as though your OS has now been unactivated for over 2 months, your computer will refuse to boot up, forcing you to format your pc.

like i said, i wouldnt pay for any other software, since everything else can easily be uninstalled if it stops working. but at the risk of my OS not booting up wen they bring out a patch, id much rather pay for the official version.

we all have our opinions yes :) but jus makin sure you know the risks when everything you own on your pc is at risk from being lost.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Exactly, if you dont update then sure you could probably keep using, but then you are exposed to vulnerabilities.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
and we all know how many microsoft love to leave in there :P

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
fair enough , ill probs buy it when pc built and net all in. till then its running a dodgey copy :P

Omen_lom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
you tight **** Shady :P get a job!!!

You should buy everything legit imo :). I don't even download illegal music anymore. :)
LOMCN should buy the rights for hosting mir tbf ;) Then I would be 100% legit ;P

betsy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 25, 2008
it depends on your computer to how much it is, basically if your computer is new, bought since june/july, you can get windows 7 upgrade, you need to go on your computer manufactor website and look on there, or go on google and type in free windows 7 upgrade,

this is only if youve a new computer, but for instance home premium cost me 12pounds. so its cheeper if you have a new computer rather than buying a new copy

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Thing is soon as they bust one ilegal activator someone codes another straight away and releases it. My copy of windows 7 was found ilegal already a month or so back i just got another crack and away i went again.

You say they will eventually crack down thats bull**** theres always gonna be someone one step ahead. I have personally never ever used legal OS`s. They never cracked down 100% before on say xp/vista so i stick by Shady on this one.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Can i just add this

Take this or dont, and dont think bad of me, but ive never paid once for my win os,

Fact i dont really pay for much, i know stephen works for win, and with out win were would we be ?

I know a few places to get real leaked keys from

Guys at win leaked win 7 Ultimate RTM (OEM) not that long ago, its cant be stopped, as its to be fitted with new pcs this year. so many peeps are using the key they cant do nothing.

And even if they do stop at sp1 or sp2 + we will move to new keys.

Never mined all the cracked versions out now.

This is just the same with win xp (OEM) first they cracked it with no time bomb,
2jdja7a.jpg

Then everyone moved to leaked keys, or a different crack.

lif

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Just brought myself a new laptop. and upgraded from, vista to windows 7 looking forward to it :P £305.10 for laptop knocked down from £370 and £31 upgrade fee

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
i want to install windows 10, can anyone provide a discount offer ?
Pirate it like most of us do.
Guide - HowToGeek

I don't see the need to purchase a license for windows 10 when I instantly loose it if I start changing components inside my pc. I can live with the watermark and can live without changing 10% of the settings.

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
Oooh did not know about this, I've already got my licences but it's good to know in the future, thanks!

Reactions: Jev

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Pirate it like most of us do.
Guide - HowToGeek

I don't see the need to purchase a license for windows 10 when I instantly loose it if I start changing components inside my pc. I can live with the watermark and can live without changing 10% of the settings.

Most of the time you can reactivate it.

Or you can buy OEM licenses for like $5.

Or use linux, but that's only for men with a huge dong.

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Most of the time you can reactivate it.

Or you can buy OEM licenses for like $5.

Or use linux, but that's only for men with a huge dong.
Phoning Microsoft is a ball ache to get the code reactivated. What they don't tell you is you're limited to re activating the code to around 4-6 times.
OEM for $5.... that's $5 I don't want to spend :ROFLMAO: - Jev the tight arse
Linux is good, was using arch for some time dual booting but couldn't really use the features in the way they were made.