Worth making a mir3 server?

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Just wondering ar emir3 servers worth mking? are the full translated?

was going to make one bout 3 months ago but i had like 1 GB on my comp left :P

Thanks!

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Depends on your goal, is it to run a live server in the hope of attracting lots of people, do you have more then one PC to run Server and client on the other etc etc.

They are not Fully Translated but workable I guess.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I was wondering the same sort of thing really. Is it possible to make a server from scratch? Would like to make lots more items new caves mobs npcs. Basically the lot.

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
Killmaster said:
I was wondering the same sort of thing really. Is it possible to make a server from scratch? Would like to make lots more items new caves mobs npcs. Basically the lot.

its easy: grap the CD3.38 server get rid of all the chinese npcs and start making new ones..same for db (just delete content of tables hl_monster, hl_items and fill them new)
though i wouldnt be suprised if you give up after populating the first city with self made npc's as it is a hell of work hehe

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
The way Mir3 Differs from Mir2 client side is bascially we are limited to Mon 1-20 and Dmon, each holding 10 mobs. Armours, you can only do 8 in total, not sure if client or server side is restricting this tbh. Weapons again are limited to files 1-5 and each weapon take sup 3000 images - think we have hit the max wepaon wise, case of dropping one in favour of another.

Its on your Paper doll is not limited (phew), horses are limited to 3, Maps - as no mapmaker atm, means limited to what Wemade chuck out. The Spells are all working as per Euromir3 of old, in game email, quests and loads of other things to wet your whisle.

As regards setting one up, the biggest problem is MS_SQL, a lot of people struggle with this and often you will struggle to get server online without it chucking up errors but many have, so it is possible. Mir3 also takes up more Ram then mir2, i would suggest a seperate machine with 1 GIG ram just to run server + SQL.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
basically i would just like to make a server from scratch, not sure if it has been done before either but maybe not have the patients to do it lol.

Perhaps just getting used to files would help a lot first.

TheMaster2k

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2005
England (Uk)
Killmaster said:
basically i would just like to make a server from scratch, not sure if it has been done before either but maybe not have the patients to do it lol.

Perhaps just getting used to files would help a lot first.

Worth The Time I Recon Its Worth It If Your Ready For Many Days Of Computing :D

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Absolutely, its possible, im currently making a a JoB server ive added custom npc's equalling around ~20 with some having never seen before features.

Ive alos added a LOT of quests, i aim to have a well structered, well balanced server. I have been working on it for over 3 or 4 month now. Its coming along very nicely. Ive also created many custom items and mobs. Ive also rebuilt the whole Quest system (Daily Quest).

It worth making one , not only because its easy but because of the new PRoject underway.

/Stan

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Yeah but ill start the mir3 making server once i get it working lol. Not familiar with mir3 files in the slightest but im sure gonna give it a go, well once ive played around with the orginal files to get the feel of it all.