Worth playing?

smoochy boys on tour

TaZ69

LOMCN Leecher
Mar 13, 2022
Hey all, i used to play MIR 2 back in the days when it was run by digibros.

I miss the old game play and when i looked at the mir 4 trailer i saw some similarities between the old and new. I have to say early on im quite disappointed. The gender lock is the first thing which puts me off. They made a massive effort in changing faces and all sorts but lock the characters genders. Doesn’t seem to make sense.

Anyway. The main thing i see is the game play. It doesn’t seem to involve much skill. I dont know if its just because its early on but all the things that used to be cheats in the old days are now standard features. Auto pot. Auto walk. Auto fight ffs. PVP was the best part of mir 2 for me. Wtf happened. It looks like mir. Sounds like mir but feels nothing like the old game.

I was genuinely hoping for a reincarnation of the old mir2 but with better graphics. Have my hopes and dreams been shattered ? 🤣

P.s big shout out to anyone from the old days. I miss murdering you all.

😘

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
I kinda wanted the same but it fell short for me and could not get into all the new systems but seems the longer you play the better it gets from what i am told.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@TaZ69 The game itself has a good foundation and I enjoyed my time playing it early on and I'll be honest if Wemade managed it with Users enjoyment in mind I would still be playing it however the current Wemade are by far the most horrible company to ever grace the MMORPG markets with a product.

The game has bugs and cheats but unless they effect cash shop sales they do not rush to fix them.

There idea of compensation for weeks/months of bugs or maintenance is 1 30 min buff pill which offer zero benefit.

Each week they update the game but not with content with new stuff for the cash shop to encourage people to spend.

When they do make an ingame change which they note as a game improvement it is them reducing drop rates on items needed to progress as a free to play player or casual spender.

The Global version is by far more greedy than the korean version was and as I said Wemade do not care unless it effects their sales to the whales who will pay for everything to stay number 1. The only saving grace is its NFT system which allows players to sell their characters to other players which is great because you get some/all of your investment back maybe even some profit if you played wisely however the recent issue with russia did effect the NFT market conciderablly reducing players sale amounts.

If you are still interested in playing I'd suggest buying an NFT cheap playing your fill then selling the NFT once your bored the Auto system in the game is very useful for those who work or have limited amount of free time as it help them keep up with the game progression to a point.

Lelouch

LOMCN Member
Jun 20, 2018
In my opinion the game is pretty fun . We are currently invading servers and capturing them.

We have also built an alliance system with other clans too. I would advise trying it out.

You could buy an account and if you don’t like it, you can sell up

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I would say no, but I'd say try it at least, it was fun at the beginning, but the bots/how it run staff wise ruined it for me, but apparently the bot thing is sorted now, so I'd say give it a go, deffo try it on the PC much better than the mobile, as you can just leave it running.

You might find that you like it and keep playing it, tbh I got into New World, then lost ark now so been on that when I get time.

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
Now's the time to buy a cheap NFT. Worth more buying then investing your $ in your character.

Game is great and offers a lot of playstyle choices.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Game is more fun when you are high power and in a clan that does invading/PVP.