Would you play 2.3

smoochy boys on tour

2.3 yes or no

• Total voters

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Would be very custom. Med rate exp. Rares will be rare. Very in depth upgrade system for semi rare items. Complex crafting system for consumables and items. Complex pet system for Wizard. Tao has 3 more pets at later level. Invasion system set up on all group caves and some of the harder solo maps. Also none of these armours/weapons/mobs that simply do no fit mir will be ingame!

Reasons for 2.3 ? Simple really I cant code and Cystal files aint to smooth from what ive read up. And 2.3 = best pvp in my opinion.

So would you guys be willing to give a good old 2.3 server a bash ?

Ty

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
There's no real issues with the Crystal files that would stop you using them for a server.
You don't need to code to get a working server up and if you want to make it operate with just three classes like 2.3, you could.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Ive heard a few people say they are resource hungry though ? 2.3 was very reliable and smooth. PvP was better on 2.3 due to this ?

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Ive heard a few people say they are resource hungry though ? 2.3 was very reliable and smooth. PvP was better on 2.3 due to this ?

I'd say that's a myth, the server will run as smooth as you make it (I've run it on a £25 pm VPS for my testing stage), there'd be also a reliable amount of cheaters on 2.3.

The problem with PvP is, 2.3 basically delayed the hits enough for people to be able dodge the hits, you can do this on crystal files easily enough.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I think people would play it. However as the guys have flagged its the cheating element and as you have said you dont have any coding experience wouldnt be a matter of stopping people cheat but just relaying on people recording and flagging to ban them which would frustrate and lose your player base

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Cheers for all the feedback guys its appreciated! Ive decided to go with Crystal due to these reasons and also have someone who will code what i need for a fair price so all is good ;)