Would you still play ? (2.3 +)

Join Discord

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Seeing as Ruby files are now available to use, would you lot only be looking for a server that is using these "up to date" files ? Or would you still try a good old 2.3 server ?

Cheers.

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 3, 2010
I would play.

As long as the server is well run, the more like euro mir the more I like it. If I was not so busy I would play.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
There isn't any point in using the Ruby files to run a server. They are all well and good to mess about with but thats as far as they go with that release. Stick with 2.3... you know where you stand.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
even if 2.3 are more stable, they are beyond out of date. nothing new and fresh will ever come out of them again, its all been done before.

the only way forward is try get a set of 2.6 working.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
1.9 were pretty **** imo, i didnt play mir much during that time as i just disliked how ledu worked... always got a bit of a lag when attacking and stuff due to possible speed caps i think? or just wrong setup.

ppl bang on about 1.4 being the ****... yer it was good but 2.6 wotever is still better.

the weowns and what not of the tme where every1 had thrusting, shield, and was basically the same class was fun, but they were never gonna last due to stat caps etc.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
If those kind of servers were released now they wouldnt last a week, mir has changed. They was fun because stuff they did was new and it kept peoples interest.

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
i prefer 2.3 the most still+ even if people start using 2.6 they have to have a good coder to stand a chance, atleast on 2.3 everythings there for u to change at the click of a button, and 2.3 seems smoother on the pvp side of things too, o and i hate sins :P

/KENPACHI

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
2.3 are the best files as they are bug free, dont jump, and best to pvp on. Always will prefer 2.3 :)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You all make yourself sound so stupid really... saying oh ye 2.3 so much better, its less laggier and better for pvp etc....

you do realize they are the EXACT same files? theres nothing different.... if a 2.6 "lags" then theres something with the dedi or possibly something like a stupid amount of spawns or some kind.

bug free? no hardly... 2.3 have massive exploits in them aswell as mir2.exes with cheats in them, so far from the perfect files ne more

dont jump? dunno what that means, they dont have legs, they cant walk, run, or jump

either way............ 2.6 and 2.3........ exactly the same... stop goin on about 2.3 bein better for pvp, its not.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
rubym2 files seem smooth to pvp on and u run faster than normal lol

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
A well constructed 2.3 server would get a decent user count.

I never liked 1.9 servers.

1.4 was my era, both playing and making servers. Slowly lost interest after then, especially with the creating servers.

DeTec

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 7, 2009
I've been absent from Mir now since Rage Zone HR went down... and to me now...it's just a novilty, I've been looking for a srv to play and in fairness there isn't much choice out there for the obvious reasons.

If any one rates a current srv out there be my guest and let me kno, becuase i fancy having a bit of fun on a srv.

/Jiy

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I've been absent from Mir now since Rage Zone HR went down... and to me now...it's just a novilty, I've been looking for a srv to play and in fairness there isn't much choice out there for the obvious reasons.

If any one rates a current srv out there be my guest and let me kno, becuase i fancy having a bit of fun on a srv.

/Jiy

Ditto...

awadhero

EGYMIR Team Dev.
Golden Oldie
Mar 17, 2009
EGYMIR Lands
i think most stable files will be best files to run online server , so i think 2.3 TD best files to make an online server so far.
"soz my english is not good"