Xtreme Phoenix Mir 3 - Reboot

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Our first major content patch is now live: full release document link in first post.
Content Patch 1 - Reboot
Global Additions
The Sanctuary Returns

Sanctuary is the central location of Phoenix server, it’s where all heroes are reborn. This is the start of where we branch away from the other servers again.

New Feature - Play to win
All pay to win and micro transaction options have been removed, the items and options available using that currency are still available ingame and the currency is freely available through the rewards system ingame, including the monster and boss kill milestones.

New Feature - Sanctuary Teleport
This has been added directly to your character tabs under Xtreme, you can return to sanctuary any time outside of combat or death, you can then click the same button to return to your last set location. Useful for resource runs although the sanctuary shops are generally more expensive than those found out in the worlds.
b18DLZ3iKXCv3NESrmuoJ6FPSveM9fPqGhd414BAsmlvVEmaMq7YCYRJqamlUu8bFp4CqubzZws1zTBYTTlSyvQBD9GpM74rA5EXxcDB64GQQACfOQXIbfQesjsQOscGyWX4KHJq

New System - Waystones and World Waystones
Waystones replace the traditional teleport stones at a world map level, they are free to use, but you must first unlock them by finding them. Once unlocked you can freely travel between them. There are town and dungeon level waystones available, happy hunting!
World Waystones special items or quest rewards that unlock new worlds.
3FE38826-B15C-4482-860E-CB9FB7AA9E53.png

New Feature - Healing wells
These will be located in towns and will provide the following benefits on interaction:
health and mana max restore on interaction for the player
Health and mana max restore for pets
Purify effect on players and pets
Feeds companion
vyfYD9hmWrxDmijRvtzz-ZXWs6m92EA_0qpsd-vBhZQUtWarMTTy_wMOJyhstMI67BNzuNDBcEB9l89CfV_ncW2773NeJzki6KfbMqwZGQWIDPO6H7CYF7efFYL9CJNRODmj4OLB

New feature - Synthesis System
First part of the system’s reintegration, we have added the ability to start collecting synthesis points when you kill certain mobs, in keeping with the original Phoenix server. Synthesis crafting abilities will follow in the next patch so start collecting those points!
04WjJV44ZXs2UuHyG8tgID2mSvD3I2EhD9qvK0IJC3jYLTHqzK_sK4OW99ElMTAnX1WkiQyhcQ4WXw9G-AbMdpjX18I4_NamA2G34xkpyxsPVcn8oWaY_R-K2BI69BCFTfDp593Z

New Feature - Improved Statistics
Additional statistics have been added to the ranking screen. You can now rank in gold and kills.
nGK5ScSU79IKNQxMhdYwMHs6GkUUjyRl7kMmyBd1CHteDr-PFWwONIBmgJZjB9tUkQ0udaL8Vvc2R4vUyvac8WYBsMts-IoDb7CsIvu58mwV4FDTzIeJA2Uxs79D_GjvCQPVCAF9

Global Balance Changes
Level Cap increased from 60 to 80
Some additional testing is required but base path is almost complete through to level 250.

Character Class Rebalancing
We have changed the way character classes are balanced in Phoenix reboot, please see the radar charts below for a rough guide tho these changes. More balancing to come. (See full release notes doc for images)

Skills System
We’ve starting bring the system back inline with the original Phoenix, and have taken on board some player feedback. Skills will now auto level up to level 5, providing you have the correct level requirements to do so.
u4H_qnESK9fGKzp0ys84YyhUZp6yY9_oiXT2o8wlIMwGF7nIbUvrYsXBQu4fMfnGcVzkd0qzaGI8CMIxeTWxJzE1ftkp6nii_ehTxyHQmJC7icHnhLcGaj3c2xnQzMoYpH9Ae5mP

Taming is now working, and as a general rule of thumb you should be able to tame any animal/beast providing you meet the level requirements. Additionally we have added a new tag to the beastiary boxes to show is a mob is tamable.
XAgcDM7jj6OcEbP_Jq3npLFHrHIZ8nEqKU2W3bcwL5aTTmGaWZTaR5yEf_sN1nqgT8DQZX_yGTgbt78EPM8GYm6F0e9srYX3GOMlrjU-CRuvEQjesQjQc3eFlD6Pw80QHJCc3_rT

New Warrior Skill - Leadership Aura
Passive Skill
Max Level 5
Provides a DC and Acc boost to the warrior, and additionally when in a group provides all group members (including the warrior) with additional AC and MR.

New World - Sanctuary (mini world / main server lobby)
New Map - Sanctuary

Central server lobby here is where you will start the game, get your story quests, find dedicated training and PvP areas as well as many more things planned going forward.
New NPC - Map Scanner
Allows you to do a quick scan of the maps and see what areas are currently occupied.
New NPC - Essentials Trader
A slightly overpriced general items merchant.
kjCoHuFBnlXkQswk9s0GvGrw7LHvD1o2CLynoe5Pcfa1x7okfvrcjbxtVGdZfWNlYDA3oDQFsCYQpXUHe6dhh1ihXHqP_hTlN5s4UOHywtw5GeZUe_Z8nfuvWwFWgDju1j2PGE7D

New Map - Training Area
Map dedicated to skill training complete with training dummy.
New Mob - Training Dummy
Allows you to check your damage output.

New Map - Arcane Library
After player feedback, it was collectively decided to go back to the book system for learning skills, however we also decided to add a little bit of an xtreme twist to it. Books will still remain a drop from monsters out in the wild but the arcane library will also be a source of books. You can raid bookcases, mine the shelves of the arcane library and occasionally get the attention of the arcane libraries staff who probably won’t be happy with you for making a mess.
New Mob - Bookcase
Has a chance to drop a random skill book (this will be tweaked over time).
New Mob - Angry Librarian
Spawns if you break too many bookcases.
New Mining Location
[image from arcane library, ideally showing bookcase, and angry librarian]

New World - Gaia (re categorised)
This is the first world, it retains all the original maps from standard Mir so it will feel familiar for both returning phoenix players and also those that have previous mir3 experience. It’s geared primarily for levels 1-80.
Most map names have been reverted to the names we used on Phoenix, same goes for most of the monsters now too.

Gaia World Changes
Spawns

All sub bosses now have a chance to spawn randomly across all maps normally home to a sub boss, and with much greater frequency.

Greater Spawns - Player Based Events
When a certain amount of monsters are killed on certain maps, greater spawns will appear, these greater spawns are stronger and have better drops and experience than other mobs in the same area.
Brood mother - Illusion forest (dark arachnids - 1000)
Demonic Kektal - Flea Caves (redkektals - 50)
Ant Queen - Ant Caves (ant general - 50)
Arch Ghoul - Deadpits (ghouls - 1000)
Oma Warchief - Prajna Village, Bichon, Phantom Forest (oma chief - 10)

Oma chief (event spawn) - PV, B, PF (oma - 250)

Spawnin king rooms reduced to 1 hour (down from 8)

Flea caves - level 2
New Flea added complete with new skin and (awesome) sounds.

Backend framework in place for additional systems, more info to follow.

Changes and things removed from the game
Weapon smith system has been amended to remove the elements that were considered unfinished or unbalanced. However this has been done in order to clear the path for the reworked synthesis system. Although we expect this to be in the next major patch.

Some game shop items have been temporarily removed whilst additional checks are done to help prevent imbalances.

Reactions: Tai

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
This server has a lot of new stuff to play, but only if the server was a PVP / PK server, which is NOT, but guess there are some NON-PVP players who sure will play this one.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
We will be expanding the PvP options through guilds expansions in a future update, the same as we did in the original Phoenix, other things needed fixing first like the class imbalances.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Since we are now up and running, could a mod move our post into the server ads section now please?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Since we are now up and running, could a mod move our post into the server ads section now please?

No.

This thread wouldn't be approved there as there's important info missing. I'd also have to clean the whole thread as people are not allowed to post there.

Make the advert and I'll approve it.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Ah no worries, thanks @Alecs

We are likely to be in BETA a little while longer yet, so will keep the server as upcoming for now.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006

New Feature - Play to win
All pay to win and micro transaction options have been removed, the items and options available using that currency are still available ingame and the currency is freely available through the rewards system ingame, including the monster and boss kill milestones.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
Will you be wiping going into full launch?
Current user count?

I played this brieflyback in the day but was too late to compete when i joined.

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
From the First Post:-

Disclaimer:
As before, we are a family-friendly global server. We are coming back to the scene initially to show our kids what this great game is all about. I'm actually even more excited to reconnect with so many of our former players. We do not plan to have any post-beta wipes so you can play in the knowledge that your efforts will not be discarded, however, we reserve the right to perform a rollback if required in the event of game-breaking bugs or exploits.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Vaeborg and Amrod

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
From the First Post:-

Disclaimer:
As before, we are a family-friendly global server. We are coming back to the scene initially to show our kids what this great game is all about. I'm actually even more excited to reconnect with so many of our former players. We do not plan to have any post-beta wipes so you can play in the knowledge that your efforts will not be discarded, however, we reserve the right to perform a rollback if required in the event of game-breaking bugs or exploits.
There should be a wipe if you ask me not many knew about this server including me, and a few of my friends wont join without a fresh start with an announcement

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
Wipe will make more people to come and play, but I dont think they will give us all a fresh start .....

• Haha
Reactions: Amrod

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Not really sure why you would want a wipe before you start?
The other players earned there levels fair and square, and there was a level cap of 60 until the first Content Patch was released, this has now been raised to 80, shouldn't take you long to catch up. We will be expanding the level cap in each successive content patch too.

It would be a shame not to see you join for that reason alone? Plus we have so much more planned, the big systems have not been completed yet so you would have plenty of time to get in and level before the full synthesis, guild and pvp systems are re-added.

Reactions: liamforde

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Will no doubt be a good server, creative in parts and well run, however the xtreme community is very much a 'pve mid 40s' type crowd.

It's never been a server for those that play Mir for PvP/rivalries.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Phoenix was always geared towards family-friendly PvE gameplay, that''s always been fully transparent, I mean the only reason we decided to get back into hosting again is so our kids could see what it was all about. (and hey I'm only mid 30''s :p)

We will add some dedicated PvP elements to the server later in the development when we get to the Guilds system update, but a lot needs fixing/changing first to get things back on track. If there is enough noise, we could always add a dedicated pvp server to the mix.

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Phoenix was always geared towards family-friendly PvE gameplay, that''s always been fully transparent, I mean the only reason we decided to get back into hosting again is so our kids could see what it was all about. (and hey I'm only mid 30''s :p)

We will add some dedicated PvP elements to the server later in the development when we get to the Guilds system update, but a lot needs fixing/changing first to get things back on track. If there is enough noise, we could always add a dedicated pvp server to the mix.
I really think you should consider a wipe, there will be so many players lost if you dont and its a shame really.

• Haha
Reactions: Amrod and checkra1n
Status
Not open for further replies.