Xtreme Phoenix Mir 3 - Reboot

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Help me understand why you would want to see a wipe first?
In my opinion, it should have been wiped after leaving 'upcoming' and got some hype going into it. When you put the server in advertisements, everyone is going to see a new server from a reputable member of the community for years, to then log in and everyone is already high level, its going to put people off, I know people had a chance to start when the high players did but there wasnt really long to find out the server was even coming out so people had major headstarts.

Because of this reason many players and some friends of mine are put off and will not play unless there is a wipe., leaving it the way it is i feel will make the server always have a low user count with just a handful of players just becuase the launch was not done right.

Hope you see where we are coming from.

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
United Arab Emirates
When a new server comes live everyone want to play the game (of course), and wants to be in the good ratings for levels. Competition is also there. Makes more interesting for people to play. It is opposite at the moment. People want a wipe so along with them more people will join, with the fresh start.

If NO WIPE was mentioned from day one, everyone would have started. No one would have asked for a wipe. But mentioned too late from your side.

Believe me if there is a fresh start, this will be a best server to play. If you played the game, you know what I mean.

Last edited:

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Ok, I think I understand a little more now thanks for explaining. I can say that Phoenix will not have a wipe and will be PvE orientated.
If there's enough interest for it, I would consider rebooting Taral server as a PvP / PK allowed version of Phoenix. But there would need to be significant interest for that to be viable. I'll think it over.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
ive played for a day or so, and im level 66 sin....its not hard to lvl lol

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
u want wipe coz u was not start play when xtreme rise, coz u was play on xenos. in first post gm for mxtreme said its beta but without WIPE, read kurwa posts plis ;p

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Yeh...you actually lose a fair amount of players not wiping a beta lol, probably more than you had in the beta itself.

No one really enjoys playing catch-up from day 1 of "release"

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Ok, I think I understand a little more now thanks for explaining. I can say that Phoenix will not have a wipe and will be PvE orientated.
If there's enough interest for it, I would consider rebooting Taral server as a PvP / PK allowed version of Phoenix. But there would need to be significant interest for that to be viable. I'll think it over.
I am sure if you put the version of Taral on zircon files you will have much more players than on Pheonix, and from my experience with Taral, its safe to say it would be top zircon server...there are no limitations to stats like the old mir3 files had

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
open your zircon.ini

MapPath=.\Map\

does it say that? if not change to that

@Tai

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Did you patch someone else's client with xtreme ? If so you need to re-download client in a fresh folder and not overwrite someone else's client, this happend to me when I tested Vanguard

Nope this was a completely fresh download

open your zircon.ini

MapPath=..\Client\Map\

does it say that? if not change to that

@Tai

No it was MapPath=.\Map\

I tried your suggestion but didn't make any difference. However as you can see I'm also missing item and state images. No sound too.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Nope this was a completely fresh download

No it was MapPath=.\Map\

I tried your suggestion but didn't make any difference. However as you can see I'm also missing item and state images. No sound too.

Press Repair on Launcher.
Looks like Launcher been made by @Breezer , it added only half of the things.

Reactions: Tai

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
u want wipe coz u was not start play when xtreme rise, coz u was play on xenos. in first post gm for mxtreme said its beta but without WIPE, read kurwa posts plis ;p
Ive never played xenos and i want a wipe cos it makes sense and people have probably been @leveled to test **** (we will actually never know). Looking forward to Taral if it ever happens, keep the rates the same, and i think its a mistake splitting the 2.

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
United Arab Emirates
I dont think andy is bothered with the user count or number of players the server will have. As its a non-pvp family server (specially for small kids) for people who like to talk in safe zone, do a bit of leveling and log off. So let it be like that. Forget about taral.

There are couple of 2 new servers coming online. Will play that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.