Xtreme Phoenix Mir 3 - Reboot

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Just wanted to make a quick note that even though we are not officially in the live servers list yet due to our ongoing beta status, we hit a nice average of 61 players online Earlier this afternoon.
I’m glad people are enjoying their stay :)

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Dont bother in my opinion, GM never listens or takes logical ideas into consideration instead does his own thing and makes things worse, and turns global and pms off. We now have 1 place to hunt banyo has 6k hp and shite exp everything else is the same except dunes, was great until they started touching it lol

People farmed 1.2 bill for horse n emblem now gold is nerfed the cap is at 80 and alot are at 80, no known eta for it lifted, cant swear, no pvp.

Refines removed

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Dont bother in my opinion, GM never listens or takes logical ideas into consideration instead does his own thing and makes things worse, and turns global and pms off. We now have 1 place to hunt banyo has 6k hp and shite exp everything else is the same except dunes, was great until they started touching it lol

People farmed 1.2 bill for horse n emblem now gold is nerfed the cap is at 80 and alot are at 80, no known eta for it lifted, cant swear, no pvp.

Refines removed

There's a rebirth npc, does it not work?

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
There's a rebirth npc, does it not work?

no rebirth system AFAIK, but as the Above post, GM's dont listen to any constructive feedback and just do their own thing unfortunately. Nice enough server quite alot of friendly players. Shame currently the server owners are letting it down. Maybe if they actually start listening to what players are after instead of adding in pointless stuff just to change it up the server may do well and run its course. As it stands i dont hold much hope though.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
ive gone from playing all day everyday, to not really wanting to log in - mostly due to grinding hard to get top spot, and then boom, exp is made easier, cap is put to 80, and every casual under the sun is now 80 too. mass changes were made today to 'balance' the server, had the complete opposite effect lol

gm's rarely listen to constructive feedback, and if you have a difference in opinion to them, your told your ungrateful and selfish for not appreciating the hard work that goes into the server.

i'll play more when level cap is raised.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006

Refines removed

Bellow is from me personally, not as a representative of the server just me.

Guess your referring to me(though I am a developer on the server not a GM...have had to be a GM at times granted)
I am constantly asking players to take server suggestions into discords game balance channel so they can be seen by the whole staff. Some players seem to want the server to be exactly how they want it...that is ok to want, but when your coding for 8 hours and come on to play, you do not want to get some one constantly telling you that they want something one way as all other servers have it this way. You also do not want someone suggest something, then keep arguing the point way after you have said that wouldn't work or is unneeded.

Today was the first time i turned off whispers and global chat, I have had a bad week, I have been coding till silly o'clock most days and i just wanted to play the game, I am deeply sorry that i am not available 24/7 to receive abuse and be told that all the work i put in is worthless.

Today we had the first big balancing of the map buffs (down by the owner though that did not stop players wanting to lynch me) these were based on player feedback and i know more are coming. We may be using the zircon files as a baseline but we are not aiming to be the same as any other zircon server. Thats not to say other servers are bad, just that were aiming to bring back phoenix.

People farmed 1.2bill.... wow go them, how does that effect you?

Gold is not nerfed, the buffs have been balanced.....more balances are coming, take that discussion to game balance channel.

level cap is 80....there is very little content at above 80 right now...give us time to add it! phoenix had high level worlds, but these do not happen over night.

Cant swear.... people do seem to be struggling with this, Global and local chat are family friendly. That means no swearing.

No pvp...a Pvp arena was added today for those that want to pvp *shrug* if you mean no involuntary pking....well no as we are a family friendly community server. There are loads of pk friendly servers if that is your thing.

Refines removed..... just like on phoenix we have the synthesis system
1592171821787.png
currently in the second stage of development. A massive amount of work went into this and continues to go into it. back n phoenix R.A.G.E replaced refines, then synthesis replaced that...we skipped a step. you can add synth points to almost anything you can equip....The number of synths you can do is limited to 10 in this stage.

Why am i replying rather than ignoring? Well its simple, you are bad mouthing a server that has already had a ton of love and work poured into it. i am currently shielding and 90% of my free time has gone into the server. Most of what you are saying (all really) is out of context or just plain wrong.

Reactions: flintxx007

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
1.2billion gold concerns me because you nerfed the map buffs after they farmed 1.4billion now i cant get my hore and emblem cos its x10 slower, how is that fair? I want my black horse and Emblem too?

By saying how does how does gold they made affect me after nerfing gold drops really isnt helping your situation of defending the server as you should know this. Its common sense, also ive told you x5 already today so it shows you just dont listen and a little bit of your attitude we have been experiencing come out a little. Very proffessional, I really dont think you know what is needed tbh.

By changeing the map buff you screwed up every map except Dunes, on gold and drops and exp... on some maps level 2 has less exp than level 1, when people try to tell you or suggest how to fix it you dont listen.

I liked the server its a shame you had to screw it up, still no word about this problem anywhere either? you need to be more interactive with the players and take their ideas on board i get theres a discord nut it gets ignored there too.

Last edited:

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Synthesis is trash in it's current state.

I mean you even removed the normal wep refine , so cant even refine or change element . Lul

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
1.2billion gold concerns me because you nerfed the map buffs after they farmed 1.4billion now i cant get my hore and emblem cos its x10 slower, how is that fair? I want my black horse and Emblem too?

By changeing the map buff you screwed up every map except Dunes, on gold and drops and exp... on some maps level 2 has less exp than level 1, when people try to tell you or suggest how to fix it you dont listen.

I liked the server its a shame you had to screw it up, still no word about this problem anywhere either? you need to be more interactive with the players and take their ideas on board i get theres a discord nut it gets ignored there too.
When i tell people to take it to #game balance its because that is where such things are seen and heard, we do not respond always but we do always read. When i am in game...i am in to play, I am a player just like everyone else once logged in (unless i have to be a GM) I have no black horse i have no where near 1.2 billion and really i have no issue that some do, it doesnt effect me one bit. "they have it and i want it" is a selfish attitude to me.

LL1 higher xp than LL2 is a bug, its being looked at. Same as everything that was reported. The patch only got pushed 5 hours ago.

Also it was not I that did the changes today, I agree with them as players were all complaining some of the buffs were too high so they hit the cap too fast, but not I that did them. Yet a minority of players made the server so hostile for me tonight i was forced to turn of global and whispers, do you see that as fair? do you perhaps understand why I was pissed to see your post?

To be clear, asking people to post in discord is not ignoring them its asking for it to be somewhere where all staff can see it and other players can weigh in on it. We do not have time to always reply, if we did nothing would get done.

Any way I shall say no more on this.

Synthesis is trash in it's current state.

I mean you even removed the normal wep refine , so cant even refine or change element . Lul
You can add element with the synthesis system.

Reactions: theduke

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
When i tell people to take it to #game balance its because that is where such things are seen and heard, we do not respond always but we do always read. When i am in game...i am in to play, I am a player just like everyone else once logged in (unless i have to be a GM) I have no black horse i have no where near 1.2 billion and really i have no issue that some do, it doesnt effect me one bit. "they have it and i want it" is a selfish attitude to me.

This is not looking good for you, it actually helps a lot thats what 37-37 all stats? +5 comfort for regen in combat? its needed and its not selfish at all, even they would say its unfair, and just because you dont care, it doesnt get changed? again all about what you want like we have been saying.

LL1 higher xp than LL2 is a bug, its being looked at. Same as everything that was reported. The patch only got pushed 5 hours ago.

Also it was not I that did the changes today, I agree with them as players were all complaining some of the buffs were too high so they hit the cap too fast, but not I that did them. Yet a minority of players made the server so hostile for me tonight i was forced to turn of global and whispers, do you see that as fair? do you perhaps understand why I was pissed to see your post?

Not an excuse, play a hidden character you have will have people spamming you if they know your changing the server, its not only LL every map is **** and not worth anyones time. Just dunes...

To be clear, asking people to post in discord is not ignoring them its asking for it to be somewhere where all staff can see it and other players can weigh in on it. We do not have time to always reply, if we did nothing would get done.

Any way I shall say no more on this.

I didnt think you would, you have already proven to everyone what we mean, thank you.

Its almost unbelievable lol, you could revert all this with nothing changed by Letting us keep the accumilated exp, (or not if next cap isnt soon) reverting the exp tables and map buffs and for e.g before the patch it was
6,000,000,000 to get 76
12,000,000,000 to get 77

You could have just made 76-80 6,000,000,000 each lvl.
80-90 9,000,000,000 each lvl.

I dont see why you had to mess everything up, can this be suggested to CheekyVimto so we can get passed this?

Last edited:

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
dont listen to the same 4 moaning children on here + discord, global shouters who cry cause they dont get there way, the server is awesome, the future is going to be a bright one with whats planned. its a rolling beta so things are going to change alot and this could affect you but like it even matters. if you joined wanting a complete server then open your eyes and read the OP.

honestly guys get a life stop trying to ruin it for these guys just cause you cant make your own server and run things how you want to.

they listen to feedback they just dont like your ideas.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
Its almost unbelievable lol, you could revert all this with nothing changed by Letting us keep the accumilated exp, (or not if next cap isnt soon) reverting the exp tables and map buffs and for e.g before the patch it was
6,000,000,000 to get 76
12,000,000,000 to get 77

You could have just made 76-80 6,000,000,000 each lvl.
80-90 9,000,000,000 each lvl.

I dont see why you had to mess everything up, can this be suggested to CheekyVimto so we can get passed this?
If only we had some sort of channel on discord dedicated to game balance issues you could use....... (yeah sarcy but come on chap)

Also just for clarity on your edit of my quote to say that its all about me and what i want, I am not the server owner, I am one of the developers, I stand by his decisions yes. Rember our goal is to get back to where phoenix was and then expand even further, we are not planning to be just another zircon server.

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
If only we had some sort of channel on discord dedicated to game balance issues you could use....... (yeah sarcy but come on chap)

Also just for clarity on your edit of my quote to say that its all about me and what i want, I am not the server owner, I am one of the developers, I stand by his decisions yes. Rember our goal is to get back to where phoenix was and then expand even further, we are not planning to be just another zircon server.
I did post it on there, and all i want is a balanced server aswell, everyone is trying to help, sometimes you gotta say it how it is.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
This server is starting to sound like xenos, don't really care about player feedback and do what ever, no content, ''coding features'' before having ACTUAL content to play in, that resulted in having from 30+ players into 3

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
This server is starting to sound like xenos, don't really care about player feedback and do what ever, no content, ''coding features'' before having ACTUAL content to play in, that resulted in having from 30+ players into 3

The updates are so slow, i actually think they work slower then Ancient mir server owners did, i didnt actually realise that was possible.
So now they've made these awful changes, You've got to then wait a few days for a level cap is lifted.

The main problem i see with the server so far is the Player (Zanzer) also the DEV, He cant take one ounce of criticism. So far monkeys from a zoo could run a better server, im sure they'd have more intelligence and actually listen to players.

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
Hows your new server
The updates are so slow, i actually think they work slower then Ancient mir server owners did, i didnt actually realise that was possible.
So now they've made these awful changes, You've got to then wait a few days for a level cap is lifted.

The main problem i see with the server so far is the Player (Zanzer) also the DEV, He cant take one ounce of criticism. So far monkeys from a zoo could run a better server, im sure they'd have more intelligence and actually listen to players.
Yet you have no trouble logging in everyday. The server is in beta you have no idea how complex or time consuming there ideas are to implement they only need feedback on balance issues to content they have added not on what you think should be done to run the server better for the top 5 players. If you don't like the slow rollout of updates then stop and comeback when it's finished it's that simple.
Oh and skibadee where's your new server wasn't it about to be released? Oh yeh you chickened out cause everyone knows what fleecing sumbag you are. A stain on this community.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Hows your new server

Yet you have no trouble logging in everyday. The server is in beta you have no idea how complex or time consuming there ideas are to implement they only need feedback on balance issues to content they have added not on what you think should be done to run the server better for the top 5 players. If you don't like the slow rollout of updates then stop and comeback when it's finished it's that simple.
Oh and skibadee where's your new server wasn't it about to be released? Oh yeh you chickened out cause everyone knows what fleecing sumbag you are. A stain on this community.

People are asking for content not features so they can actually hunt LOL and top 5 players i'd say theres over 20 level 80's who've reached cap now? but seeing as your a retard who cant see that is beyond me.

Anyhow i'd like to see relevant posts from a GM not some nobody on this forum.

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
Maybe there's **** to change instead of you running to level 250 then they decide to make it harder to level etc and you got a free ride to 250 they said there not gonna wipe so you will have wait till they are ready. That's end of.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
I mean achieving level 250 with the current content ingame would take a very long time indeed. Clearly you wasn't all that good at mathematics in school to realise this. My apologise boss.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
I was enjoying my time here so decided to release my files....

You see that pig companion filter you have? And the big inventory? And the new belt slot? All from my my code I released. God knows how long you would be waiting if it was down to zanzer to code.

Your welcome.
Wow.
Just wow.
I work hard on the code for the server, takes a long time. Yes I used the most of the belt code and adapted it for the server...yes I used the companion code (the developer you paid did fantastic work on that)

Yes I used the two lines of change for the inventory enlargement...that's a bit of an exception to the above.

Heres a challenge chap, code your own synthesis system complete with ui and functions.
Make it scalable (you cant see it but it's designed to be expanded with ease)
Make it so the extra stats can be removed if needed or desired.

You may gain an appreciation for how much of my free time I have given up to do this.
Same with the countless stuff I have added.

Status
Not open for further replies.