YouTube links

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
The very awesome staff here at LOMCN have added a funky YouTube addon, all you gotta do is paste the url to a YouTube video and it will show like so;
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDkFSjreew[/ame]
(Me testing fraps on Sniper Ghost Warrior)

If you want your older posts to show the video instead of the link, you must remove the [ url][ /url].

Last edited:

mapadale

I had a look into how that mod works, that won't be the case Mapa ;).
We've been testing this mod on another forum and if the mod is used mainly in one section by a majority of people, it causes server busy errors when trying to login. It uses a hook to pull through the video from you tube into the mod and play on the forum, if you've got say 10 people all viewing the same clip at the roughly the same time, the forum freezes up.

Though we are testing this on a vb4 forum

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
We've been testing this mod on another forum and if the mod is used mainly in one section by a majority of people, it causes server busy errors when trying to login. It uses a hook to pull through the video from you tube into the mod and play on the forum, if you've got say 10 people all viewing the same clip at the roughly the same time, the forum freezes up.

Though we are testing this on a vb4 forum

I've seen the youtube addon in a forum that have more than 300 users simultaneous and it gives no problems.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Whats wrong with the [youtube] {Video ID} [ /youtube] ?

I've been using that since the start of my project.

mapadale

I've seen the youtube addon in a forum that have more than 300 users simultaneous and it gives no problems.
The forum that we have been testing this on, has a user count of over 8k. The issue with it, is the server isn't be hosted from a connection of 100mb and so when users pull across the YouTube clips in the section it's creating a bottle neck on server.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
There must be something wrong with that version that mapa as no bandwidth is used via the forum. When a video is played the bandwidth comes from Youtube.

mapadale

There must be something wrong with that version that mapa as no bandwidth is used via the forum. When a video is played the bandwidth comes from Youtube.
We constantly get 504 errors when the clips are being accessed, I don't know if this is a problem with the server that we have the forum hosted on, or if its an issue with pulling the clip from you tube.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Well considering youtube have had:

YouTube.com said:
Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds.

Most of the day, I would say its YouTube not the mod or "bandwidth" issues..