Zircon code, an outsider view

Join Discord

phoenixdancer

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 3, 2011
The reason we dont release anything its because @DjDarkBoyZ is working hard on the files to improve and i dont think its normal for others to simply just take it.

How other discussions were on discords, you guys are pathethic trying to improve Crystal Library and then trying to use Zircon Library while ZenX Library built from 0 by DJ can get any big image without any lossless and other technical stuff that im not good at it.

"omg why they encrypted the client?" - thats why ;)
Yea sure. You keep on running that server m9, keep on gifting all them loots so people don't leave.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
To be fair if it is deemed to be messy then fair enough, cant remember how many lines of code, but it was stupid amounts, bulk of it made in 3 months working 18 hours a day... there was also a lot of shoe horned in changes for pvp balance etc.

Jamie had planned to make sapphire, where i'm sure the code would have been to your satisfaction, however i dont see this happening now both agree its a dead horse at the moment.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
To be fair if it is deemed to be messy then fair enough, cant remember how many lines of code, but it was stupid amounts, bulk of it made in 3 months working 18 hours a day... there was also a lot of shoe horned in changes for pvp balance etc.

Jamie had planned to make sapphire, where i'm sure the code would have been to your satisfaction, however i dont see this happening now both agree its a dead horse at the moment.

Shame to be honest, everybody was ready for sapphire :P Shame there so many **** boys on here that's ****ed Jamie off. Sucks to not even see him around anymore

Reactions: Xzoviac

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
we all know sapphire 100% will happen, it will just be about timing. could be in 6months could 12months

Reactions: ventus

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I heard rumour that Sapphire was going to be released on April the 13th of September. Not sure how that will effect those celebrating National Corn Beef Tin Key Week though.

Reactions: Piff1

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
I am strongly considering abandoning the C# Sapphire project and build it in C++ for learning purposes.

Nice words, nice project, and then abandon it again after couple months?

I have better idea for you, do the files as you program well, but let somebody else manage your servers.

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
I am strongly considering abandoning the C# Sapphire project and build it in C++ for learning purposes.
I personally still want to see the project made, even if we had to wait into next year to play it. A big problem with Mir in general right now is that there are far to many small servers, small servers are not exciting and fun to play, we need a major Mir2 server where the bulk of the player base can go compete/play/enjoy it together.

The last big server to get released was Apocalypse, even though that server had so many major and glaring issues with it, it managed to keep a really good user count for the 4 months it was active, this was down to the fact that the hype had attracted a great number of players at release who were all enjoying playing with a massive server count and could ignore the flaws the server had.

You have the ability and name recognition to deliver a server that could be hyped up and bring in many players and if you do go ahead with creating Sapphire I look forward to playing it. This isn't to say you don't have your flaws, I know you can lose interest in such projects and you dislike dealing with a lot of the community on a day to day basis, but if you were to plan ahead and get yourself some reliable help I feel you could create a M2 server that the game badly needs.

Just some of my thoughts on the matter.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I personally still want to see the project made, even if we had to wait into next year to play it. A big problem with Mir in general right now is that there are far to many small servers, small servers are not exciting and fun to play, we need a major Mir2 server where the bulk of the player base can go compete/play/enjoy it together.

The last big server to get released was Apocalypse, even though that server had so many major and glaring issues with it, it managed to keep a really good user count for the 4 months it was active, this was down to the fact that the hype had attracted a great number of players at release who were all enjoying playing with a massive server count and could ignore the flaws the server had.

You have the ability and name recognition to deliver a server that could be hyped up and bring in many players and if you do go ahead with creating Sapphire I look forward to playing it. This isn't to say you don't have your flaws, I know you can lose interest in such projects and you dislike dealing with a lot of the community on a day to day basis, but if you were to plan ahead and get yourself some reliable help I feel you could create a M2 server that the game badly needs.

Just some of my thoughts on the matter.

I will certainly be looking to hiring a few people.

UI designer (paid for job, not ongoing)
Web designer (paid for job, not ongoing)
Translation (Paid for job, not ongoing)
---
Community Manager (On going paid monthy)

However when I get to such stages remains to be seen.
Post automatically merged:

Aiming for cross platform with OpenGL or something similar on the client end?

Prevention method against decompilation.
Faster, possibility of cross platform.
I want to upgrade from DX9

But mostly for learning so I can apply for c++ jobs here in Japan once I have the experience.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
C++ is one of the more difficult languages to learn. Its not used as much now though. Its mainly used for embedded software for shop floor hardware etc. It's also great for making Mir hacks (So ive been told 🤔 ).

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Any thing u can do, can be decoded/decrypted/unpacked...
Doesnt matter the language u use for code things, is much more important learn about protections and apply it.
If really want stop 90% of ppl look at code can u start simply by do a obfuscation, theres lots of obfuscators, i suggest to try some and later try to deobfuscate, when u find some obfuscation method are good use that ;)

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
You can obfuscate a dotnet exe all you want but it'll still blow over in a light breeze

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
I will certainly be looking to hiring a few people.

UI designer (paid for job, not ongoing)
Web designer (paid for job, not ongoing)
Translation (Paid for job, not ongoing)
---
Community Manager (On going paid monthy)

I am sure it won't be hard for you to find people willing to work with you from LOMCN on such tasks, being able to spread the workload will help you immensely and let you focus on the aspects of making a server you find most enjoyable.