Zircon luck

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Okay guys, need some help here. I am in no way knowledgeable when it comes to zircon because I have not played or messed with files. But what is the max cap luck from source code? I’m playing in a zircon server now and I have a weapon with +28 luck. I’ve been told luck needs to be @ least 20 for pvp in zircon? Is this true or just overkill? My cc is around 100, with this weapon. I am Tao tia!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Okay guys, need some help here. I am in no way knowledgeable when it comes to zircon because I have not played or messed with files. But what is the max cap luck from source code? I’m playing in a zircon server now and I have a weapon with +28 luck. I’ve been told luck needs to be @ least 20 for pvp in zircon? Is this true or just overkill? My cc is around 100, with this weapon. I am Tao tia!

Cap can be altered easily, base zircon has 10 Luck Max from what i remember.

Reactions: twisterdmk

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Cap can be altered easily, base zircon has 10 Luck Max from what i remember.
Okay luck is hard coded in server side binaries?
Post automatically merged:

Also another question, I know on Holley and kings you could increase a spell power output from database. Holley was 255 cap ofc spell power was never put that high and kings was 65535 if remember correctly?
I wanna know how to increase great holy strike damage on zircon.
How does zircon work? Is it hard coded in binaries also or easy to edit?

Vaytrex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2016

Also another question, I know on Holley and kings you could increase a spell power output from database. Holley was 255 cap ofc spell power was never put that high and kings was 65535 if remember correctly?
For zircon everything can be done can be modified in code.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

Hardcoded is not a word we use anymore. Back in the day we could only change stuff from the database or from the scarce options the files provided. Now we have the full source code. Everything can be changed or tweaked.

The downside is that now you have to look into the code, find whatever you need and if you know C# (or any other similar language) edit the code and then compile.

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Hardcoded is not a word we use anymore. Back in the day we could only change stuff from the database or from the scarce options the files provided. Now we have the full source code. Everything can be changed or tweaked.

The downside is that now you have to look into the code, find whatever you need and if you know C# (or any other similar language) edit the code and then compile.

The term Hardcoded though is surely still a very useable way of describing information that is currently setup within the source code itself?

And not actively controlled by a third party source - In this case an easily editable game DB.

Reactions: Sanjian

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
The term Hardcoded though is surely still a very useable way of describing information that is currently setup within the source code itself?

And not actively controlled by a third party source - In this case an easily editable game DB.

Yes, technically speaking you could say something is hardcoded even if you have the code if it's embedded into the logic of the source code.

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Yes, technically speaking you could say something is hardcoded even if you have the code if it's embedded into the logic of the source code.
Okay, so the luck if you just grab the files released and set up server, is 10 "max" right out the gate? max is what im asking. I need to know the best number to put on weapon in game. Currently have +28 luck, is that overkill?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Okay, so the luck if you just grab the files released and set up server, is 10 "max" right out the gate? max is what im asking. I need to know the best number to put on weapon in game. Currently have +28 luck, is that overkill?

I'm not sure the max luck on Zircon. It is probably 10 and if it works like on Holley/3.55, any luck point after that doesn't give you more chance to crit as you're already at 100%. I'm not sure though.

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
So if you had a +28 you rolled, it would actually be +280%?

As above luck is 10 by default with each luck providing an additional 10% per luck.
so it would actually be 280% with a +28 luck weapon?