Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Reboot Notes
  • Fixed Sin Stealth,
  • Wind Puppet now Stuns Mobs.
  • Fixed Ferocious Flame Demon
  • Sins can wear Spirit set
  • Abyss Fixed , Removes accuracy and tooltip fixed.
  • Hyunmoon spawns reduced on 1st and 2nd
  • Enraged Lord NJi'Nae Fixed
  • Depsarte Valley Mobs Spawns reduced (1st, 2nd, 3rd)(edited)
  • Departed Valley Mobs Explosion Spawn fixed.
  • Hyunmoon Non-Boss Mobs MR removed.(edited)
  • Ferocious Flame Demon now has drops.
  • HomeLand TroopBase Spawns adjusted
  • Lost Paradise < -> Frost Village Teleport
  • Frost Dungeon KR spawns reduced.
  • KR Unlocks have been made FASTER for testing (10x faster)
  • Elixir of Purification have been added to Sabuk Potions NPC(edited)
  • Vigor Necklace Stats fixed
  • Bigmap Transparency fixed.
  • Seal of Titan's fixed
  • Hiding on Pets fixed
  • Warriors Gain 1 Accuracy per 7 Levels.
  • Frost Village Now level 40+ (Was 45+)
  • Banya Island is Now Level 25 + (Was 33+)

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
hi mates~ does anyone have this same problem, when i click start game in character selection screen there's a window pops out saying "a problem caused program to stop working correctly, please close the program" tried everything i could but still having this issue, please help really appreciate

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
I asked him to DDos the server, to see if it crashes. and we had a peak count of 1600, Still didn't crash.

code a check for first packet to lock and kick socket connections if not match to that known first packet,
btw add a IP and timing to a list to check on every connection if is recently connected, if match, drop the connection :P, with that u can prevent a lot of ddos easy. Other things is the TCP connection wait stack bug, .Net sockets have i remember :)
and i suggest to change usercount once client arrive to scene = game, crystal has done this i remember. :P

btw 1600 connections is low test. Try todo a SYN connection attack and u will see what happens on the srv...xD have fun :P

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
code a check for first packet to lock and kick socket connections if not match to that known first packet,
btw add a IP and timing to a list to check on every connection if is recently connected, if match, drop the connection :P, with that u can prevent a lot of ddos easy. Other things is the TCP connection wait stack bug, .Net sockets have i remember :)
and i suggest to change usercount once client arrive to scene = game, crystal has done this i remember. :P

btw 1600 connections is low test. Try todo a SYN connection attack and u will see what happens on the srv...xD have fun :P

It was a SYN attack....

Certainly 1600 connects can be considered low, But that's only the figure that I saw on my delayed display.

Selaine

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 18, 2015
England
1600 connections is hardly an "attack", can probably do that with basic home internet.. lol

Aye, trying simple TCP SYN flood attacks at the moment just using one remote PC, need to get myself some free time to get a few computers together to run this again and the other fun attacks :D

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
just took a look at of this server overall it's really well made reminds me of chronicles back in 2014, i think when it goes live we gonna see tons of ppl coming back for the hype, there's couple of things which i'm kind confused about.
1: the observe mode, it's a good function that jamie added so if u got bored of grinding u can watch how other plays, but if there's a gvg, pvp or sabuk siege this can be using as a spy mode to watch where ur enemey is at and also when ur enemy guild is doing a boss raid, so how to avoid these issues

2: there needs to be an overall world map and npc icons to be implemented for players that r new to Mir3 if it's possible

3: i just joined this server so im kind a noobie just wanna ask i see a lot of ppl r mining ores what r those ores use for and how do you guys aquire mounts in this server

thank you

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
1. Observer can be turned off (Press R - Green Button) which will stop people from being able to watch you, but for Alpha it is being forced on.

2. You can Press B for Big Map and Navigate by clicking the icons, you can also see the NPC's, Group/Guild members on different maps too.

3. Zombies on 1st floor (and 2nd) can drop ore, This ore can be sold / traded. Ore Mined is account bound and cannot be sold / traded to other people.

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
1. Observer can be turned off (Press R - Green Button) which will stop people from being able to watch you, but for Alpha it is being forced on.

2. You can Press B for Big Map and Navigate by clicking the icons, you can also see the NPC's, Group/Guild members on different maps too.

3. Zombies on 1st floor (and 2nd) can drop ore, This ore can be sold / traded. Ore Mined is account bound and cannot be sold / traded to other people.

i opened up my map i do see the icons for the caves, and some dots for players and npcs but without names on the NPCs, and what r ores use for

thank you

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
i opened up my map i do see the icons for the caves, and some dots for players and npcs but without names on the NPCs, and what r ores use for

thank you

Put your cursor over dots on the map it will tell u the name, be it a mob box or player.
ores are used for refines n can be sold to shop to make gold

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
have a few questions, 1st, when u r at observe mode watching other players playings how do you resume back to your character without logging out from the game. second, how do you get a mount? is there different types? and also is there a details about weapon refining etc. when u die in the game if you could implement a mode like some of the other servers with a window pops up saying revive in town that would save some time instead of logging out from your character and loggin back.
thank you

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
have a few questions, 1st, when u r at observe mode watching other players playings how do you resume back to your character without logging out from the game. second, how do you get a mount? is there different types? and also is there a details about weapon refining etc. when u die in the game if you could implement a mode like some of the other servers with a window pops up saying revive in town that would save some time instead of logging out from your character and loggin back.
thank you

1. no such system to swap back to you're own chara after observing atm.

2. just up from BW there is a stable 4 types of horses... brown 500k white 20mill red 90mill black not sure on price.

3. no one really knows much about the refine its what ever you pref using 3-5bio same with items depending on class dc/mc/sc

4. there is a revive thing that pops up on your chat bar.

i'm not GM so somethings might be wrong on some things.

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I have a question...

Why aren't body drops in game?

:beguiled:

*restocks on popcorn*

Status