Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Hold up, as you are all mir2 players how can you have a say in how mir3 plays and feels or in fact should play and feel?

Mir 3 is notorious for running poorly on higher spec OS/PCs. Zircon runs smoothly.

We don't need a plethora of posts arguing how Zircon 'feels' :)

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I have 'news' for you, on 5H server currently I have BladeStorm (AOE skill), the Defiance is called ProField (AC buff), not sure what DestroSurge is but it could be DemonRush skill on 5H which dashes mob accompanied by nice flame trail ending in flame explosion and does some damage in process (it hits surrounding mobs too to some extent, I got the skill this last weekend only). Also got a TrippleAttack skill there that also looks like it has mir3 origin (never seen that one before on mir2 server).

Good for you?

If i was talking about customed Mir2 servers, I would have stated as such....

Legitmate Mir2 compared to legit Mir3, the skills did not exist....I didn't think I had to clarify what i was on about.

Hold up, as you are all mir2 players how can you have a say in how mir3 plays and feels or in fact should play and feel?

There is a large population of 'Mir2' players that prefer Mir3 (Myself included), but they simply run like trash.

These don't that I have seen so far.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
  • Market place has been added to the game
    • To Open Market Place press C
    • You can buy items at any time, If you are not in safe zone the items will go to your mail box.
    • You can cancel your listings at anytime, if you are not in safe zone the items will go to your mail box.
    • If you sell an Item the gold will be sent to your mail box.
    • You can only list items from your inventory only if you are in SafeZone, You can list items anywhere from your storage.
  • Screenshots can now be taken (Pause Button)
  • Mail Box has been added to the game
    • To view your mail Box press , or <
    • You can only get items out of storage if you are in side safe zone
    • You can get gold out of mail at any time (Applies on next reboot; tomorrow)
    • You cannot delete any mail that still contains gold or items
    • You will be able to send mail next update (tomorrow)
  • Adjusted some internals and network code

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Tbh only people have gone even mildly hardcore is Tyraes and Kala or w.e that sin's name is.. And trust me for Tyraes tis about 10% of his geek ability, he joined marble when Lkira was hitting 51 and most others was 45-48 in top 20, Tyraes caught up in like 8 days hes an animal he was in my guild for awhile but our members was to lazy so he left for tribal. /TeePeee

Only 1 other person has hit 40 besides them and whenever i observe that tao hes always sat in SZ doing **** all.

P.s that observer thing is one of the best addition's i've ever seen.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
some people are hitting this alpha game hard like it was live
I'm just playing for fun and to help test things out. The more testing that's done surely helps the server's final outcome for when it's about to be live. So far it's enjoyable and progress is seen daily (mostly).

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
I have absolutely no inclination to grind levels on an alpha server, but i'm happy there is people that are, as its going to make the game so much better on release.

+ rep for all level 40+ chars!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I have absolutely no inclination to grind levels on an alpha server, but i'm happy there is people that are, as its going to make the game so much better on release.

Same. Nor the time.

But I did log on just to try to break things. Haven't done so in a while mind.

On that note, Jamie did you look at the characters not being central thing?

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014

not always the case. Alot of official games i have played have obvious bugs that should have been picked up easily but haven't.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Not really sure what you mean by 'server test', so I'll just do a catch all.

This is a thread dedicated to a server built by Jamie. The server is named Zircon, and it is built from the ground up to be near 'official (korean I believe?) Mir 3', with Jamie's own twists and a swath of UI/Gameplay quality of life tools.

It's currently available to download for all (all you 'need' is a working email address, and the ability to read an email that comes through to it - just for verification) - visit https://www.zirconserver.com/download/ to download

It's in 'Alpha' stage at present, which means it's still unfinished. Jamie is still actively constructing the server, and certain elements within. The point of you joining during Alpha is to get an early look at the features - how you use that early look is up to you, but primarily you want to be reporting bugs/giving opinions on things and not moaning about things not being finished.

It will be wiped and the server officially started when Jamie is happy that he has finished construction (with the possibility of a 'Beta' Stage beforehand I guess possibly?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Not really sure what you mean by 'server test', so I'll just do a catch all.

This is a thread dedicated to a server built by Jamie. The server is named Zircon, and it is built from the ground up to be near 'official (korean I believe?) Mir 3', with Jamie's own twists and a swath of UI/Gameplay quality of life tools.

It's currently available to download for all (all you 'need' is a working email address, and the ability to read an email that comes through to it - just for verification) - visit https://www.zirconserver.com/download/ to download

It's in 'Alpha' stage at present, which means it's still unfinished. Jamie is still actively constructing the server, and certain elements within. The point of you joining during Alpha is to get an early look at the features - how you use that early look is up to you, but primarily you want to be reporting bugs/giving opinions on things and not moaning about things not being finished.

It will be wiped and the server officially started when Jamie is happy that he has finished construction (with the possibility of a 'Beta' Stage beforehand I guess possibly?)

Just to add on to this, if your not feeling playing the game because you don't want to burn yourself out before Live launch, you can log in and Observer players who have it turned on, most allow to be observed as they get a 5% exp and % drop bonus, that's what i've been doing just watching Tyraes and few other high players to see how it runs / where i should hunt / items i should be using, it's actually really impressive feature you can go into their bag / spells / char screen but cannot control anything.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
  • Character Health pools have been reduced
  • Character Mana pools have been reduced
  • All skills have been rebalanced and level 3 is the cap, (Lv 3 and Lv 5 will be unlocked later)
  • Combat/Damage counter significantly improved.
  • Taoist Augments removed
  • Taoist pets added.
  • Wizard pets added. (Eshock)

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
  • Character Health pools have been reduced
  • Character Mana pools have been reduced
  • All skills have been rebalanced and level 3 is the cap, (Lv 3 and Lv 5 will be unlocked later)
  • Combat/Damage counter significantly improved.
  • Taoist Augments removed
  • Taoist pets added.
  • Wizard pets added. (Eshock)

pets <3

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
It really is beautiful to look at the progression over the last couple months. It really was just a bit ago that logging in meant a naked character model that could barely run the direction you pointed.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
It really is beautiful to look at the progression over the last couple months. It really was just a bit ago that logging in meant a naked character model that could barely run the direction you pointed.

Like wise been so amazing to watch Jamie craft this amazing project, watched from character select screen and on.. beautiful work massive props.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
beautiful work massive props.

3e60115d2b23b5544538e112401c49a0--party-hire-party-props.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.