~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
lion roar and entrapment working on players? that really needs changing

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009

This.

I played a server a year or so ago with this feature and i abused the hell out of it, annoyed a lot of people and when it happened to me i wasnt best pleased

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010

This.

I played a server a year or so ago with this feature and i abused the hell out of it, annoyed a lot of people and when it happened to me i wasnt best pleased

LionRoar has a 35 second cool down and effect last for 3 seconds, Entrapment has a 45 second cool down and again effect last for 3 seconds. So I cant see this really being abused. Did the server you play have cool down this long with short effect by any chance?

As said before things like this will be put to the test in beta and the correct changes will be made accordingly.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
LionRoar has a 35 second cool down and effect last for 3 seconds, Entrapment has a 45 second cool down and again effect last for 3 seconds. So I cant see this really being abused. Did the server you play have cool down this long with short effect by any chance?

As said before things like this will be put to the test in beta and the correct changes will be made accordingly.

thats still 6 seconds of para... look at the combo, LR in to tdb and fs then in to blade avalanche pull them back in with entrapment into blade crash with a heavenly sword to finish it .... its a free kill v any wizz or tao really

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
i don't get why the wizard shield is used like a pro...

spells already cost a lot of mana as it is without the cost of being hit and casting while shield is up have you tried these things out yourself before they even hit beta?

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
i don't get why the wizard shield is used like a pro...

spells already cost a lot of mana as it is without the cost of being hit and casting while shield is up have you tried these things out yourself before they even hit beta?

This is exactly what closed beta will be for. Hes already stated things will be tweaked accordingly. To properly assess how the new spell system will effect both PVE & PVP he will need more than 2-3 people testing in a range of different situations. Obviously things may seem like major flaws from simply reading an advert, but paper vs practical are 2 completely different stories.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
regardless shield working as a pro is a silly idea.

each to there own.

Actually both shield and pro are stupid ideas since they make the glass cannon class tankier than the tank class but didnt see anyone moaning about that last 12 years. What i want to say is lets just test it and perhaps it can work out like all the other stupid things in mir have.

On another note why closed beta? Having so many features would require as many ppl possible testing em and all the opinions possible. Dont pull an Apocalypse.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
thats still 6 seconds of para... look at the combo, LR in to tdb and fs then in to blade avalanche pull them back in with entrapment into blade crash with a heavenly sword to finish it .... its a free kill v any wizz or tao really

Again i would like to underline that this isn't your usual mir server :) we really thought things through, for instance poisons / stuns don't overlap (like if some1 is in lion roar , u cannot put another one to increase duration) , so one timing mistake of LR/Entrapment and u missed a para , then wizzes have both shield and blink , which helps them escape that combo withing seconds .
Thats the whole point of this spell system we implemented , we want to create a whole new enviroment and experience for mir both on pvp and pve.

I do agree some things might need balancing , nerfing etc and where it is required it will be done , but all concepts were well thought

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
And i will repeat my question since it was ignored.

Why are you making a close beta instead of an open alpha or whatever you want to call it? I understand that you want ppl to login on your forums etc etc but isnt it better to have the most opinions possible compared to the most registered users on a forum?

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
And i will repeat my question since it was ignored.

Why are you making a close beta instead of an open alpha or whatever you want to call it? I understand that you want ppl to login on your forums etc etc but isnt it better to have the most opinions possible compared to the most registered users on a forum?

Well put it this way , if people are lazy , ignorant enough to not join closed beta due to a account creation/login on another forum , i'm sure these people will niether post any bugs or share anything constructive :)
So whoever wants to have an opinion and help develop server/bug fix it and balance it will be brave enough to create an account or login into an existing one and make a simple post :)

We're looking for like 15 people for closed beta but if we feel things are still untested or still to be tested , we will add even more ^^

Reactions: IHaveALongName

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Well put it this way , if people are lazy , ignorant enough to not join closed beta due to a account creation/login on another forum , i'm sure these people will niether post any bugs or share anything constructive :)
So whoever wants to have an opinion and help develop server/bug fix it and balance it will be brave enough to create an account or login into an existing one and make a simple post :)

We're looking for like 15 people for closed beta but if we feel things are still untested or still to be tested , we will add even more ^^

i both agree and disagree :p
i'm certain 15 ppl are never going to find even half the problems within 7 days.
i'm also certain 15 ppl is a far to small focus group to give you any idea on wether your completely redesigned skills are reasonably ok.

on the other hand: i'm certain if you had an open beta, you'd be just as lucky if you had more then 15 ppl actualy submit a report :p

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
i both agree and disagree :p
i'm certain 15 ppl are never going to find even half the problems within 7 days.
i'm also certain 15 ppl is a far to small focus group to give you any idea on wether your completely redesigned skills are reasonably ok.

on the other hand: i'm certain if you had an open beta, you'd be just as lucky if you had more then 15 ppl actualy submit a report :p

good point.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
15 People who want to test and make it better > 50 people who just want to play and don't give a ****.

You don't know that at all.

The more people testing the more bugs found and the more things can actually be tested and fixed.

Other than the people doing the same thing over and over.. its just not needed.. 15 is a little too low for testing unless you plan on making the beta last as long as possible to drag the live date along.

also by making everything custom and adjusting the spells there will be tons that will need tested if not everything.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Again i would like to underline that this isn't your usual mir server :) we really thought things through, for instance poisons / stuns don't overlap (like if some1 is in lion roar , u cannot put another one to increase duration) , so one timing mistake of LR/Entrapment and u missed a para , then wizzes have both shield and blink , which helps them escape that combo withing seconds .
Thats the whole point of this spell system we implemented , we want to create a whole new enviroment and experience for mir both on pvp and pve.

I do agree some things might need balancing , nerfing etc and where it is required it will be done , but all concepts were well thought

I really like the sound of that. mean's people will be forced to log into teamspeak / skype to commuincate in fights or people are just going to over lap all there skill's, will make thing's a lot more interesting that's for sure.

This sounds like most promising thing on lomcn atm, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.