Legend of Mir Galaxy [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
Patcher is broken it wont connect to anything :(

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Halloween NPC is still allowing the trade in of items for new upgrades, seeing items not expiring till 7th now.

These items needed to go 2 days ago, not be ingame for a fortnight -.-

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Despite having them myself, I completely agree. These items need to be changed to 0 stats asap.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Event ruined the game for the casual, or even medium time players.It was already very bias to the no lifers but event made it worse (And will continue to till the 7th now, or beyond if on 7th the items are traded down again)

People without time to farm the event items, logged on in their normal underpowered kits (even when mythical 80+) and were having to fight overpowered 'IDontCareIfIDieAndDrop' kitted event farmers. So that would have been fun.

I'll probably stop playing for a number of reasons.

Boss timers too manageable. 1 person could kill everything on r/s i imagine. There is rarely 2 things spawning at once so there is no choice. If XX guild go to YY boss and you cant compete, your standing in sz hoping theyre logged off for the next one (Which is never).

Item skins. Albeit minor, say no more.

Pearl NPC is so random and useless really.

Awakening being ingame, but not being ingame.

Basically there is no diversity whatsoever, to kits, caves, or gameplay. Everyone is programmed to do A, B then C and repeat or get A kit, then B kit, then C kit. I know Ben will implement challenge and more DQs etc but ill maybe check those out in a few weeks.

Good luck.

devldude

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2014
can you post the latest exe ? as autopatcher still doesnt work!!!!

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Props to GM's for the new Rift map.

We managed to get to stage 23. Was a good struggle, lvl'd a lot of ppl in the process!

Most fun i've had in a fair while. Reminded me of old Euro ZT lvling lol.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Seen the 15% exp buff from VIP turns to 8% drop buff at level cap. Another quite sizeable buff to those without jobs/family/social commitments.

"Oh you have a lot of time on your hands to reach cap? You probably kill the most bosses due to that time and also being alot more powerful, here, have shorter drop rates to everyone else"

Although pre-warned, you are continuing to phase out your larger user count to keep the lesser happy. Which is a shame.

Back to Chronicles(Which says a hell of a lot)/LoL i go, and i suspect many others too.

Also can i just inb4 the classic flamers, i am not 'crying' or 'raging'. I want to see these new diverse versions of Mir, they are so much more enjoyable and pioneering for such an outdated game. I appreciate most of what i post are negatives but please see that they try to be constructive and aimed at 'the greater good' and im not here saying "YA SERVRS FKN **** M8 CASHCOW"

I may not always give counter suggestions but in fairness, thats your job not mine!

Anyone who hasnt tried this give it a go cause it is fun even just for a week or two, you might love it!

As ever, good luck.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I know you said you don't want to give counter arguments, but what would you have VIP give instead? 8% isn't truly game changing (its an advantage sure), and from what you say it's partially moot as others aren't getting the kills any way. If that was sorted the 8% would be even less of an impact.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
There was talk of incorporating special repair.

Maybe a special DQ only VIP can do, nothing major but just something that gives 2 scrolls instead of 1. Or a RuneShard instead.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

Just showing some screenies of Team going through the rift.

Next goal, room 40!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Actually looks like good fun, however I don't have the time too level up :/

I'd wait for Ben's expansion.

He's making lvling to 95 (current cap) piss easy, as well as increasing the level cap to 115 but making it much harder to level and adjusting a lot of content as well as putting in more content. There's a forum thread somewhere on everything, cba to find it.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Not sure what was funny, its dead in the water as it is from what iv seen. Event ruined it for alot of people.

Was too massively bias to the no lifers and now the general bit part players cant compete. But i think that is just this particular server in general, if you dont play for a couple days you come back and everyones gained 200 stats.

It moves too quick (I know its a high rate but never seen one so fast) and the economy is too slow because of it. Theres almost no point buying anything cause you could go to a cave and get it at the drop of a hat, or get destroyed in 0.5 seconds in a fight and drop it.

I just cant see any way the casual player can compete and enjoy this game, unless they ally themselves with one or two (More likely all) of the big guilds, of which now assume there is but only one? lol.

Biggest problem for me, and i said it at the start, is the grouping system. Same exp for 14 as 1, its just incredibly bias towards the people who dont log off as they inevitably gravitate towards eachother to get ahead. In this servers case one guild spend a lot of time online (This isnt a LOLGETALIFE dig, its true) and anyone outside of said guild then joined to get in on the exp'ing goodness. Anyone else got left behind barring a few who played alot and didnt want to join it.

Its obviously too late to reverse the grouping, and i appreciate the LoneHero was to try and absolve some of the problems this caused (Good that the server acknowledged it was a problem. abeit too late).

I read on LOMGN that the cap is being raised further to 115, this will not help the usercount in the slightest, as your no lifers will get even further ahead and people will simply get pissed off, including them as it will be just like playing Diablo offline, lol. I said it when cap was raised from 80 to 95, how can giving the people ahead even more stats (By accessing higher teir items) be a good thing, before the rest of the game have even had a chance to reach the cap. Its not rocket science... lol. Inb4 said no lifers come on saying "Yeah but we will move to better caves and they can get the lower bosses they currently cannot", as ever, they wont. You will still kill everything cause to quote Ben - "Every boss is worth killing" and you will do it almost out of spite to maintain a stranglehold on the economy, further damaging it.

Anyway, id love to see this server relaunched one day with the grouping fixed. I believe it would be a much better, and even playing field for everybody, not those without commitments.

Wether that is in a week or in a year, i would probably play again.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Problem is you think people logging on for 2-3hours a day are meant to compete with those who geek it and put 8 hours a day in.

Doesn't matter what MMO, let alone Mir server you play that simply won't happen on a competitive level.

Raising cap to 115 is fine if everyone is level 95 before hand. And I mean everyone. Ben says he's making it something like x5 exp, so getting to 95 is going to be a piece of piss. Agreed the 80 cap was raised too early, but then we were also promised 3 caves by luke and he failed to deliver on that front, which funneled everyone into 1 cave.

Server basically needs a fresh start with everyone being at 95, instead of 0.

LoosePube

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Canada
Not sure what was funny, its dead in the water as it is from what iv seen. Event ruined it for alot of people.

Was too massively bias to the no lifers and now the general bit part players cant compete. But i think that is just this particular server in general, if you dont play for a couple days you come back and everyones gained 200 stats.

It moves too quick (I know its a high rate but never seen one so fast) and the economy is too slow because of it. Theres almost no point buying anything cause you could go to a cave and get it at the drop of a hat, or get destroyed in 0.5 seconds in a fight and drop it.

I just cant see any way the casual player can compete and enjoy this game, unless they ally themselves with one or two (More likely all) of the big guilds, of which now assume there is but only one? lol.

Biggest problem for me, and i said it at the start, is the grouping system. Same exp for 14 as 1, its just incredibly bias towards the people who dont log off as they inevitably gravitate towards eachother to get ahead. In this servers case one guild spend a lot of time online (This isnt a LOLGETALIFE dig, its true) and anyone outside of said guild then joined to get in on the exp'ing goodness. Anyone else got left behind barring a few who played alot and didnt want to join it.

Its obviously too late to reverse the grouping, and i appreciate the LoneHero was to try and absolve some of the problems this caused (Good that the server acknowledged it was a problem. abeit too late).

I read on LOMGN that the cap is being raised further to 115, this will not help the usercount in the slightest, as your no lifers will get even further ahead and people will simply get pissed off, including them as it will be just like playing Diablo offline, lol. I said it when cap was raised from 80 to 95, how can giving the people ahead even more stats (By accessing higher teir items) be a good thing, before the rest of the game have even had a chance to reach the cap. Its not rocket science... lol. Inb4 said no lifers come on saying "Yeah but we will move to better caves and they can get the lower bosses they currently cannot", as ever, they wont. You will still kill everything cause to quote Ben - "Every boss is worth killing" and you will do it almost out of spite to maintain a stranglehold on the economy, further damaging it.

Anyway, id love to see this server relaunched one day with the grouping fixed. I believe it would be a much better, and even playing field for everybody, not those without commitments.

Wether that is in a week or in a year, i would probably play again.

What he said was funny. I don't even play this lame server.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Problem is you think people logging on for 2-3hours a day are meant to compete with those who geek it and put 8 hours a day in.

Doesn't matter what MMO, let alone Mir server you play that simply won't happen on a competitive level.

Raising cap to 115 is fine if everyone is level 95 before hand. And I mean everyone. Ben says he's making it something like x5 exp, so getting to 95 is going to be a piece of piss. Agreed the 80 cap was raised too early, but then we were also promised 3 caves by luke and he failed to deliver on that front, which funneled everyone into 1 cave.

Server basically needs a fresh start with everyone being at 95, instead of 0.

What i think isnt the problem at all. What i think is my opinion and nothing more. The problem is its massively bias to those who play constantly. You can say its a high rate blah blah, but none of the other high rates we have played were so bad.

Look at Chronicles, forget about rates for a sec, you can literally uninstall the game for 6 months and come back and you wont be that far behind where you were before. This is the absolute opposite end of the spectrum where having to go to work mon-fri you come on at the weekend and the entire games changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.