Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

So far only got to Lv16 or something before i had to do stuff :P

But my feedback.

I realise some of this may be lengthy, difficult or impossible and not as intended but...lol.

Instance
The Lv14 instance was as you would expect an instance. You teleport in, you do the instance, the queue works good.

Suggestions:
- The loot option is meaningless on solo (I don't know if avoidable?)
- The window is also HUGE. I would very much prefer it to the size of your instance queue image, as that looks very nice in comparison. But having a window that covers half of the top of my screen is annoying. Especially since it takes a couple of seconds to remove the window (I assume this would also take longer waiting for people to "vote" in group instances? I would recommend having it remove instantly as oppose to waiting for votes to complete (Hard to tell as i have yet tried a grouped instance.)
- Also at the end of the instance, i was expecting some sort of "Exit Instance"...maybe i missed it? But your NPC guides basically becomes moving drones (Walking up and down the map) after they reached a certain goal...so if i missed it, it's their fault lol :P

Areas
As you would expect, i've yet to leave the first area.

But the town area was extremely close knit...i couldn't run around too much as i kept bumping into bobs or buildings lol.

The design is rather nice and how it keeps you to a certain area for a sort of "intro" but bigger paths would be good, perhaps a small re-edit of the map to move the building further apart? lol.

karl00

LOMCN Member
Nov 8, 2011

how do i get on the server all i keep geting is the 5h log in screen :( from the download on the web linked on page 1

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017

how do i get on the server all i keep geting is the 5h log in screen :( from the download on the web linked on page 1

Delete the 5h config, download paragon client and just copy folders over, it's what I did

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

I fear i may be spending to much time on this beta :(

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

I would just like to say Thank you to everyone who has participated in the Beta the feedback we have been given is very helpful and we have alot of work to get on with.

Beta will be closing 16:00 GMT today

Nikx

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 1, 2008

Whens server going to be live?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Beta closed already ? We have barely scratched surface lol

---------- Post Merged at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:05 PM ----------

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

---------- Post Merged at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Yeah we have learned enough for now there maybe another beta before live but for now we have enough work to be getting on with.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

I will make a list of improvements in my eyes regarding the content i tested:

- Subbosses. I dont know how long 0-50 is supposed to take but regardless of that i would like each area to have a subboss that has a chance to drop something while questing. Currently all the "subbosses" are simply quest mobs and thats a waste. It would be nice to have a chance on something small(like a bene, exp pot, pet token) or on a low lvl set set etc. compared to not killing anything worthwhile till u get to lvl50.

- Item stats. I would love to see the "God", "Mythical" versions of items to actually feel godly and mythical with something extra other than 1-1 or 2-2 stat upgrade. Something like extra agil,acc,hp,aspeed, crit would make them stand out compared to the other versions and perhaps make you consider keeping them compared to when you get a higher lvl item thats 1-1 stats higher. Nothing too OP.

- Quests. I simply hope there are as many quests after lvl50 and not all of them are wasted on content that will be completed within 5-10-15hrs.

- Instances. We were able to run and skip lvl45 trash mobs in the instance. That could lead to very easy and fast farm of Valor items(thats what was dropping in there). Thats not something really bad but its deffinately something you will have to consider on Instances you dont want to be soloed or be done in that way.

- Lvl0-50 province. I sort of like the design of actually using a province instead of simply using a tele npc and 10 caves but im not sure that it will be able to hold 100ppl lvling there.

- Quest Rewards. I dont like the fact that quest rewards include trash items as rewards. If i was a wiz i am not sure if i would bother with all the running arround to turn in the quests. If however you were giving out some amazing OP items for lvl0-50 as quest rewards that would be better than the trash items mobs drop then it would make em more worthwhile and it wouldnt hurt the server in the long run to give a strong lvl15 ring or a lvl25neck since they would be outleveled within a day or 2.

Will add more if i think of something.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

- Quest Rewards. I dont like the fact that quest rewards include trash items as rewards. If i was a wiz i am not sure if i would bother with all the running arround to turn in the quests. If however you were giving out some amazing OP items for lvl0-50 as quest rewards that would be better than the trash items mobs drop then it would make em more worthwhile and it wouldnt hurt the server in the long run to give a strong lvl15 ring or a lvl25neck since they would be outleveled within a day or 2.

Will add more if i think of something.
I'm not ignoring the rest of your comments and they have been taken on board, just just about the above.. already had loads of people moaning that quests seem mandatory and they dont want to be forced to do the quests.
start adding good items to quests and the above just gets worse.
not sure why people are moaning they dont wanna do quests tho.. maybe they forgot its an mmorpg

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Well yes i suppose that this holds some sort of truth at least till lvl20 ish. However after lvl20 for some classes (like wiz) i dont see in what way Quests are mandatory unless they lead to something i haven't yet discovered.

I am trying to think of the way to make the early games slightly less linear without breaking the endgame.

I did like the quest at lvl45 that gave you that OP weapon for example (with proper stats and not OP ones obviously) so it doesn't have to be one of the usual "!" and "?" quests of killing 20 of this and 20 of that but instead you will need to gather some items from X Y and Z boss/subboss in order to create something more decent than the items trash mobs drop.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

I dont understand why people cry about quests, you will kill the mobs anyway to level up in that area, what is the problem getting a reward for going to that area anyway ?Besides like every single MMO has quests, and some are mandatory, here it isnt, for example I did 3 levels on my war without doing a single quest...and it was quite fast

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Well yes i suppose that this holds some sort of truth at least till lvl20 ish. However after lvl20 for some classes (like wiz) i dont see in what way Quests are mandatory unless they lead to something i haven't yet discovered.

I am trying to think of the way to make the early games slightly less linear without breaking the endgame.

I did like the quest at lvl45 that gave you that OP weapon for example (with proper stats and not OP ones obviously) so it doesn't have to be one of the usual "!" and "?" quests of killing 20 of this and 20 of that but instead you will need to gather some items from X Y and Z boss/subboss in order to create something more decent than the items trash mobs drop.

You can unlock teleports to caves by doing quests.

I dont understand why people cry about quests, you will kill the mobs anyway to level up in that area, what is the problem getting a reward for going to that area anyway ?Besides like every single MMO has quests, and some are mandatory, here it isnt, for example I did 3 levels on my war without doing a single quest...and it was quite fast

Exactly, I agree with this 100%.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

If the quest serves a purpose; it's a good quest.

I.E A quest that takes you to a cave you may not have previously thought of, or perhaps a quest that opens up a new instance just for you.

Quests don't have to be intertwined and long, they can just be sporadic and that's usually good enough.

Story line quests are different, it's something you'd need to do to progress through the "story" of the game. Usually encountering the main bosses of the game along the way. I would imagine what with paragon levels being a thing, a repeatable harder version of the story line quest could be interesting, end-game challenge sort of thing.

Either way, quests if done right are great time sinks from what is essentially just a 24/7 grindfest game.

DeeKayDee

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2014

Will add my 2p

Got to lvl 50 and can honestly say the quest line was spot on and as someone who usually hates quests and skips them, found myself doing 90% of them .. When I got outside the town walls though, i tended to explore the higher zones for the better exp rather than stay questing, altho once i'd done a little stint i'd go back and do a quest or 2 .. I felt it was nice to break it up

Didn't get to try any instances, but i'm hoping that is where the 50+ pvp/boss fights will kick in, as ultimately that's the reason I play for .. So 10/10 for PvE/Quests .. reserve judgement for the end game content/pvp

/Evisu

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Will add my 2p

Got to lvl 50 and can honestly say the quest line was spot on and as someone who usually hates quests and skips them, found myself doing 90% of them .. When I got outside the town walls though, i tended to explore the higher zones for the better exp rather than stay questing, altho once i'd done a little stint i'd go back and do a quest or 2 .. I felt it was nice to break it up

Didn't get to try any instances, but i'm hoping that is where the 50+ pvp/boss fights will kick in, as ultimately that's the reason I play for .. So 10/10 for PvE/Quests .. reserve judgement for the end game content/pvp

/Evisu

I am in the exact same position as you, I usually hate quests, I ended up doing all of the ones I could find, and explored the leveling areas outside of the safe zones, what I liked a lot was that there were quest NPC's outside of each of the leveling areas, once you kill the mobs and bosses in that particular area, it then teleports you to a cave where you have to kill the mobs / bosses inside and then it unlocks the teleport for that cave.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

My last suggestion regarding quests is to make the quest line...NOT NECESSARY. As long as the "story" quest that navigates you through the game isn't necessary to take every single step to unlock something major (like a decent item or cave tele) then i dont see an issue. It can be annoying to be stuck behind a "kill bone elite" quest and not able to advance because everyone is hunting it.

So as long as the "important" quests that actually provide perks other than some extra cash/exp should be irrelevant to the big quest chain.