Cheats/Bots

gillby

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 7, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
So i've had my fill of Mir 2... i'd love to go sick with my opinions and have a nice big satisfying rant but i won't.

What i'd like to know is... will there be / were there previously an influx of cheats and botters?

I'd like to give this game a red hot go but im not going to bother if it resembles anything close to the pitiful excuse for a game Mir 2 has become. I'd appreciate any info on the topic and if u are a long tim eplayer i'd love ur opinion on whether you see the game being successful.

Thanks in advance for all your worldy mir 3 knowledge :D

graphite

Likes to retract PayPal transactions.
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2009
So i've had my fill of Mir 2... i'd love to go sick with my opinions and have a nice big satisfying rant but i won't.

What i'd like to know is... will there be / were there previously an influx of cheats and botters?

I'd like to give this game a red hot go but im not going to bother if it resembles anything close to the pitiful excuse for a game Mir 2 has become. I'd appreciate any info on the topic and if u are a long tim eplayer i'd love ur opinion on whether you see the game being successful.

Thanks in advance for all your worldy mir 3 knowledge :D

In the patch yesterday was nprotect (gameguard).

BeerWolf

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2005
nProtect sucks really... every game I've played with it there's still a lot of cheaters regardless of the so called protection against them.

Veco

LOMCN n00bie
May 10, 2009
If gms activly police the game surely they will catch them in the act & ban them?

Past mir games were not really moderated well gn were absentee landlords & QGO were the cheats lal:tongue1:

Lemmein

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 16, 2009
As far as i know official mir3 has never had a major problem with cheats (except old corrupt gms) Im sure there are a few cheats but nothing like the amount on mir2

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
As veco said, i think the gms will maintain the server by policing it. They all are on atleast once a day anyway.

mapadale

Also agree with Veco, the biggest problem when QGO had it. Was Aldor from APEX being leveled and items given to him by his G/F, who happened to be GM for QGO. The GM's from QGO where cack, but enough said.

This server will have its fair amount of cheaters once it's officially live, people won't use them just yet. But once the "BUY GOLD/ITEMS" sites appear again, then you know people are cheating.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Tbh any online game will have cheaters, whether they have protection or not. Someone somewhere will have the ability to get around any safe guards people put in place, whether you like it or not.

But in regards to how good the game is in comparison to the mess up of Mir2, its brilliant.

It's improved from what we know on Mir3 (Unless you count the removal of auto-pot an unimprovement?).

More spells, 4th class working perfectly, they kept the original leveling scheme (Biggest problem that Mir2 had i think). The only things you will find different is the naming of items, mobs and maps.

Apart from that, its like Mir3 euro, except better run and what i listed above.

Veco

LOMCN n00bie
May 10, 2009
I dont think its really going to be a problem with cheats, its people who exploit bugs & glitches in the game to excessive amounts it unbalances the game, like the quest bugs that gave people crap loads of xp some JD quest bug & the gold chest bugs were people cashed in & unbalanced the mir3 economy.

I really dont know the things that happened in the mir3 past but i knew they existed.

In reply about aldor being levelled by a gm i know that never happened at all, people have all there accusations about what ever went on & there all wrong, i will not be dragged into any debate on the matter we know the truth & thats good enough for the clan members.

mapadale

I dont think its really going to be a problem with cheats, its people who exploit bugs & glitches in the game to excessive amounts it unbalances the game, like the quest bugs that gave people crap loads of xp some JD quest bug & the gold chest bugs were people cashed in & unbalanced the mir3 economy.

I really dont know the things that happened in the mir3 past but i knew they existed.

In reply about aldor being levelled by a gm i know that never happened at all, people have all there accusations about what ever went on & there all wrong, i will not be dragged into any debate on the matter we know the truth & thats good enough for the clan members.
Typical response from an Apex member if you ask me, we all know what happened back in the days of QGO and Aldors G/F. But at least this time, Apex don't have that unfair advantage.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
QGO are the people than ran the old legend of mir 3 (Quality Games Online I think it stood for)

And Apex are a guild

Veco

LOMCN n00bie
May 10, 2009
we all know what happened back in the days of QGO and Aldors G/F.
Thats the problem you dont know because what you say in that sentence is wrong.:tongue1:
Lets face it we didn't need gm's help to achieve anything on ignis and when i was leader on the ventus server & we as a guild don't need it now.
We will do just fine with our own community, i would prefer people did not throw accusations about things they know nothing about.:(
The way i look at it if gamers are not dissing apex then we are doing something wrong.

Anyway not long now hope you all enjoy the game, mir3 really is something of a crowd puller.
Good luck all.

Exodus Syn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2008
UK - Wirral
Thats the problem you dont know because what you say in that sentence is wrong.:tongue1:
Lets face it we didn't need gm's help to achieve anything on ignis and when i was leader on the ventus server & we as a guild don't need it now.
We will do just fine with our own community, i would prefer people did not throw accusations about things they know nothing about.:(
The way i look at it if gamers are not dissing apex then we are doing something wrong.

Anyway not long now hope you all enjoy the game, mir3 really is something of a crowd puller.
Good luck all.

I just don't understand why when its all so innocent, you aren't telling the community what happened?

Lemmein

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 16, 2009

Good luck all.
if you call getting gms to help you get drops then mass recruiting ebayers/multis an achievement then well done:punch: