IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
This thread is getting intersting more and more,
I can not add anymore than what the community said above,

Mir servers don't have a long life span anymore,
but nothings impossible a couple of convential out of the box idea's and who knows, maybe WeMade asks for partnership!
Dream big :D

on serious note, im willing to join a server team if we all meet each others criteria
p.s ( i currently have a server thats about to launch in 2 weeks )

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
Sirs,I understand where you both are coming from.

But…

I operate three companies in the UK. Each company has its own software development arm…I have plenty of resources outside of Lomcn’s developers as back up that are already on my payroll to be used if it doesn’t work out internally here.

I’m really sorry that such a game with huge potential has been left in weak hands all these years.. we are not 15 anymore but this game offers something others don’t even in 2024… we all know this.

On that note.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
It's not always the server or the team behind it that's the problem.
It's the players.

They easily get bored (no matter how much content), annoyed when they get out fought, out kitted, drop/break/lose kit.
Not only that, they burn themselves out. Once they've quit they never come back. Odd few will trickle back but that's it.

Plus, you can't just come here under a new name and expect the very best to come flocking at your beckon call.
What have you done so far? Have you started building this perfect server and need some help/assistance or are you just going to throw ideas at people and expect them to do the work?

I'll be honest, this isn't going anywhere.
Totally Agreed,
Introduce yourself @Resilience , what are your capabilities,
Give us your full insight or vision of the "perfect server" ..etc

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
Contributors to Mir, feel free to DM me.

Let’s get the procurement started.

A
Post automatically merged:

It's not always the server or the team behind it that's the problem.
It's the players.

They easily get bored (no matter how much content), annoyed when they get out fought, out kitted, drop/break/lose kit.
Not only that, they burn themselves out. Once they've quit they never come back. Odd few will trickle back but that's it.

Plus, you can't just come here under a new name and expect the very best to come flocking at your beckon call.
What have you done so far? Have you started building this perfect server and need some help/assistance or are you just going to throw ideas at people and expect them to do the work?

I'll be honest, this isn't going anywhere.
Hi Skyline, it’s okay to have doubts. My educated guess is many have come like me with smoke but no fire. Be patient with me… this is the discovery phase.

My interest is for the love of the game, as I have mentioned previously… this is now about what I have contributed in the past but more what is going to be done.

This currently may seem like it’s going nowhere or it appears lost… but it’s very very early in the process and I am probing the temperature very carefully to see what you all think of this forum and the game itself.

Good things will come from me. Believe.

This thread is getting intersting more and more,
I can not add anymore than what the community said above,

Mir servers don't have a long life span anymore,
but nothings impossible a couple of convential out of the box idea's and who knows, maybe WeMade asks for partnership!
Dream big :D

on serious note, im willing to join a server team if we all meet each others criteria
p.s ( i currently have a server thats about to launch in 2 weeks )
Hi There,

Your sense of sarcasm comes from a good place, Dreaming big is all I know.

Licensing rights to the game would be great, it’s not impossible… maybe this server will prove a road test for future comings?

Feel free to DM me sir, but I must let you know before hand… I do not have an appetite to support your server only for you to support mine. This is the only way I can guarantee on my promise to this community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I’m really sorry that such a game with huge potential has been left in weak hands all these years..
kanye west what GIF

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Contributors to Mir, feel free to DM me.

Let’s get the procurement started.

A

Hi Skyline, it’s okay to have doubts. My educated guess is many have come like me with smoke but no fire. Be patient with me… this is the discovery phase.

My interest is for the love of the game, as I have mentioned previously… this is now about what I have contributed in the past but more what is going to be done.

This currently may seem like it’s going nowhere or it appears lost… but it’s very very early in the process and I am probing the temperature very carefully to see what you all think of this forum and the game itself.

Good things will come from me. Believe.

Hi There,

Your sense of sarcasm comes from a good place, Dreaming big is all I know.

Licensing rights to the game would be great, it’s not impossible… maybe this server will prove a road test for future comings?

Feel free to DM me sir, but I must let you know before hand… I do not have an appetite to support your server only for you to support mine. This is the only way I can guarantee on my promise to this community.

I'm totally confident of my upcoming server and have high expectations for it after playing mir for almost 15 years
but if your vision outmasters mine then im willing to postpond it for the upcoming project.

May i ask,
What version of mir are you leaning to? Mir2, Mir3 ..
cant help asking what are your intentions and what can you offer too in term of "time" and "experience"

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Sirs,I understand where you both are coming from.

But…

I operate three companies in the UK. Each company has its own software development arm…I have plenty of resources outside of Lomcn’s developers as back up that are already on my payroll to be used if it doesn’t work out internally here.

I’m really sorry that such a game with huge potential has been left in weak hands all these years.. we are not 15 anymore but this game offers something others don’t even in 2024… we all know this.

On that note.

What companies are these?
Don't say you can't say, any owner of a business is willing to give this information.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
If this is how you'll be introducing yourself and showcasing your project, Then your not doing a really good job

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
What companies are these?
Don't say you can't say, any owner of a business is willing to give this information.
Sir, I have great intent and good will, please do not posture to want look up my skirt, you will go blind.

This information you seek is irrelevant to my purpose here, I only disclosed it to make sure this forum understands my capacities.

Pronoia, learn the word. It’s a good word.

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
If this is how you'll be introducing yourself and showcasing your project, Then your not doing a really good job
Sir, I’m sorry you feel this way.

I totally understand your position and I do thank you for the input you have given this thread so far.

Now if you could please allow this thread to mature into what it was originally created for I would greatly appreciate it.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

Without those weak hands you're talking about you would need a 4th company to develop a working engine.

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
Dear Sir,

Your politeness and the way you word every response like a letter to the King is really grinding on me :ROFLMAO:

Kind Regards,
Far
Hi Far, you’re worthwhile here and deserve proper English written to you.

All my best,
A

Best advertising for a server i've seen in years :kekw: this is spicey.
I imagine the OP is a guy in a suit with a cigar hanging out his mouth, looking at us peasants

Edit: cough
Dude , I’m a regular guy. I promise

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
Without those weak hands you're talking about you would need a 4th company to develop a working engine.
Alecs, it’s completely understandable to defend the good work of the people here that have done great things for great reasons. Again, I refer to weak hands as those who have not used the tools given to them by the great developers here to their best ability but whored them out for a penny.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Alecs, it’s completely understandable to defend the good work of the people here that have done great things for great reasons. Again, I refer to weak hands as those who have not used the tools given to them by the great developers here to their best ability but whored them out for a penny.
So would it be safe to assume that any bug fixes you get round to having fixed, will you be pushing those to the public repo to help further it's development?

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
So would it be safe to assume that any bug fixes you get round to having fixed, will you be pushing those to the public repo to help further it's development?
Correct.

Im here to water the Mir garden. I don’t blame the player behaviour developed over the years and all the things you guys have said. It’s true.

Don’t hate the player , hate the game right? Well who has been creating the games? It’s like I’ve been watching the Truman show over the years. No desire to really push the boundaries and give players fresh experiences!
A

His cherrypicked words are quite appealing, No way thats a
Yo welcome to lomcn

beating-up-beat-up.gif
Thanks for having me. Stimulating to say the least sir.
A