What got you into Mir?

smoochy boys on tour

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Originally played in beta dragon, i didnt know what an MMORPG was, i was going through depression as it was a tough stage of my life and i noticed game network did a new MMORPG...

Downloaded it played it, rest is history. Mir came into play when i was dragged away from my real life and saved me really in more ways than one.. so what attracted me to it was the ability to chat and be seen as superior over other players.

you?

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
it was a very cold day in the winter of 2001, when i saw my brother play mir on my dad's laptop, so i gave it a try. didnt know the hell wat a MMORPG was, like mental, and i asked people "how do i save?". lol. then me and my bro shared an acct and i made 1 mil gold by the time i was lvl 3 (found a recovery ring on the floor =D) then i logged on one day and found it....gone....he bought a lvl 23 tao for 500k....then my bro found lomcn. and i did too. the first srvr we played was project 69 =)

BottledGoods

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 17, 2005
First saw my cousin play on the first week of beta, he was running to CR with a bronze axe telling me about guild fights and stuff lol
Went home and tried to download it but it didnt work. Went back to boarding school a few days later.
When i came back not thinking of mir since, my step dad and my two little brothers weere playing it. Took the micky out of them because it looked crap and pointless. must have been easter event when i got hooked harvesting hens and got a recall bracelete on my littlest brothers tao. then the rest as has been said is history
(and i have kicked my self every day since *damn gerekyness*)

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
I was at college and was good friends with one of the techies there; he was a GM on the old Turok server and gave me the information to start playing. I ended up getting addicted to Mir. And the rest is history lol, been 3 GMs now and helped produce 3 successful servers :).

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
I was trying to play Midtown madness online, had some trouble, so i decided to go in a chat room in hope that someone would help me sort the problem out, and i saw someone advertising "www.legendofmir.net check it out awesome game", now after 10 minutes of trying to get someone to help me, i decided what the hell, i shall go and check that website out. That i did, i made about 5 level 7 characters all with 100k in their bag (maxed out characters basically), and then decided to finally pay for the game...etc.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Bloody game network and there legend of mir show
visited there web site downloaded and watched the Mir trailers
thinking they looked great I download the game (hoping the graphics in the trailers where ingame graphics)(yes i was very very young)

got ingame crused them for the crap graphics, killed some hens, got to lvl 2, logged off think what a crap game
was back playing this stupid game 5 mins later and am still playing it now

BH

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
i c 1 of my m8s playin on it so i fort i will give it ago, looks fun! so i went home n tried 2 install it on ma pc, it din work 4 sum reason! so a while later i got a new pc and tried 2 install on that, n yay it worked. jus got into game since then, n avent reli stopped!

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England
i watched game-network for all those reviews and game trailers, finally seen the lom thing, and i thought i'd try it, played for 3 months and went to private servers.

of course though, it was my first mmorpg and i've been coming back to mir, just not paying for it. :)

i seen myth of soma shortly after, man that game sucks :< played for five mins and died by something equivalent to a hen for christ sakes.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
It was about 3 week before 9/11.

I remeber that because i went to America about 4 days after i started playing mir, and was there during the 9/11.

I was going on holiday with my dad, so I was at his house, he showed me mir, someone who worked in my dads pub showed him mir.

It actually spoilt my social life, as i would rather play mir and talk to my friends on mir, than go out... i was only 14 at this time.

I played it every day for hours for 2 1/2 years, got hacked, lost a hell of alot of money and good items, when gold was worth more than now. Got annoyed, played priv servers all the time.

i now play it every now and then.

i didnt even know what an MMORPG was, my dad just said "PLay this internet game with me, deb (Step mum), Simon (Step mums bro), Andy (Dads mate).

My mum saw mep laying when i got back from America, and wanted to start. Then my step bro came down, started a char, got hooked, got his 2 mates playing, one of which still plays.

Last edited:

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
My buddy Madrocks found it and even burnt me a CD of the installation. I got home and installed it on my Pentium 200MHz machine and it played, barely. It was the first week of beta, so everybody was n00bs. He showed me the way to BichonWall, which I didn't like.. and spent a week trying to find Border Village. This is back when we went off COORDS, not a minimap. It never dawned on me to create another character to find the coords. We both played for ages into Pay to Play. Even recreated a few characters and leveled them to 20 last year. That was the end of it though.

Pity me and him don't even talk much anymore. Lives just a few miles away and we don't even chat. He spent sometime playing a few private servers, but pretty much moved on to other games, RO specifically, then WoW.

I actually remember once spending two days downloading the updates to MIR, then having to share my mom's hard disk so I could update from it. See, back then, I only had a 2GB hard disk. Just enough for Windows 98 and MIR.

GoD™

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 15, 2005
south east
i watched it and myth of soma on game network (dam them) about 5-6years ago i tryed to download it but i had a crapy 56k comp then so it would of taken 24hrs so i gave up tryed again few years l8er started playing (before the char lvl was increased to 20 b4 u had to pay) so i payed at lvl 7 got to lvl 18 on my 1st char gave up moved to pheonix server got to lvl 24 char got deleted for no reason never got it back started again got to lvl 22 then i left went back to dragon server got a tao to lvl 30 and then i left a started to play private servers i started on p69 then eventuly found this site

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
UniTY said:
My buddy Madrocks found it and even burnt me a CD of the installation. I got home and installed it on my Pentium 200MHz machine and it played, barely. It was the first week of beta, so everybody was n00bs. He showed me the way to BichonWall, which I didn't like.. and spent a week trying to find Border Village. This is back when we went off COORDS, not a minimap. It never dawned on me to create another character to find the coords. We both played for ages into Pay to Play. Even recreated a few characters and leveled them to 20 last year. That was the end of it though.

Pity me and him don't even talk much anymore. Lives just a few miles away and we don't even chat. He spent sometime playing a few private servers, but pretty much moved on to other games, RO specifically, then WoW.

I actually remember once spending two days downloading the updates to MIR, then having to share my mom's hard disk so I could update from it. See, back then, I only had a 2GB hard disk. Just enough for Windows 98 and MIR.
Haha Madrocks forgot all about him, Played RO with him alot back in the day is a good guy to know. Didn't know he knew you but then again my memory sucks =] He plays WoW now? ;o will have to hook up with him somewhere along the line.

Saw my cousins playing Mir back in beta and that got me into ever since, Haven't asked them where they found it from hmm.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
DF introduced me to EuroMir, ain't sure what stage it was. Got to level 13 or something on a wizard. DF was 22, back then I thought that was high level. He had 1mill :O Anyway, then he showed me God/Ranger's ktest, and then StoneHelm introduced me to WhIpLaSh, the first one I think it was. Me, him, DF and LionHeart played I seem to remember. I think sometime after that, DF introduced me to Mir3, gave me the client on a CD, the same as he did with LOM2, installed that and played Shadow for a bit. About a week before Blasteron and that decided to end the server with the 'hacked' GM which was fun. Moved to Fantasy and played for ages, that server rawked so much. Then DF and Stone introduced me to LOMCN and that's about it then. That's everything that's happened up to this point in my life.

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
i played around in dragon beta maybe and i had brought and DE from the shop thinkin what could this be and my character was stuck in serpent valley for 2 days lmao cudnt find bloody serpent valley village :mad: and i didnt want my character to die cos i didnt like the idea of dieing..this was when i was young lol i though if your character dies sumin bad wud happen to you O.o

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
EvilShinigami said:
i played around in dragon beta maybe and i had brought and DE from the shop thinkin what could this be and my character was stuck in serpent valley for 2 days lmao cudnt find bloody serpent valley village :mad: and i didnt want my character to die cos i didnt like the idea of dieing..this was when i was young lol i though if your character dies sumin bad wud happen to you O.o

Like drop.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
a wierd person came up to me at school end said its a good game, tried it, started 2nd week of beta, was good, got hooked from then on.

Gloop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
Derbyshire
Babyhack said:
Bloody game network and there legend of mir show
visited there web site downloaded and watched the Mir trailers
thinking they looked great I download the game (hoping the graphics in the trailers where ingame graphics)(yes i was very very young)

got ingame crused them for the crap graphics, killed some hens, got to lvl 2, logged off think what a crap game
was back playing this stupid game 5 mins later and am still playing it now

BH

more or less the exact same thing, downloaded it on one of the first days logged on got loads of lag and thought amg what a crap game. 2 days later i was back on with no lag lvlin up. Best part of beta though was gettin eshock and selling it for around 300k

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England
EvilShinigami said:
happaned to me, i was stuck in serpent valley for a few hours, finally found some people and i joined their guild cause they helped get me out :<

i then finally found out there was a freakin' map, i don't know when minimap was introduced, it was probably there, just never seen the button/shortcut, i used the maps on the site

mir feels kinda bad compared to back when frozen server was out, all kinds of decent ideas then :)