What got you into Mir?

smoochy boys on tour
Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Waaaay back, when privacy was possible (before 9/11).....

I was one bored assed ****er with a ****load of time to kill, and a comprehensive Sky package. Flicked over to game network, quite liked the music they had to the game trailers, had it piped through the house. Left it on too long one day, got the Mir show, decided to join up.

Got in, was like "OMG HOW MANY PEOPLE?". I hadn't played a MMO before, but I knew what one was. Took part in loads of noob raids, joined a PK guild, kicked some ass, made some good friends.

Slowly got my IRL friends hooked on mir, but we've all moved on now. Mir used to have such promise, but it's been *******ised.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Dad was the senior marketing developer for what was the GN holding company, which then soon merged into GN and all of the sub-divisions that exist today.

Explained about WEMADE and Mir about 3 months before the licensing contract was signed... there were a lot of conflicts, had to wait for alpha and testing, played though beta and into p2p (w/o having to pay). Few months after my dad left his position, I had no card and my dad refused to pay for the game, so I stopped playing and went into Soma, then got SP and played both.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
i heard for the 2st time this game form a mate of mine while we were walking to school. This was in 2000.
He told me about an online game were u meet ppl, u can get killed and then resurected back to town, u fight with swords..and u need to pay for it.
I did not understood then what it was.
1 month l8r i was playing Age of Empires in a cyber caffe, i got bored and tryed mir (was on the pc)....i leveled till level 7, then trial ended. After a nother 2 weeks i payed for him and from then i got hooked.
I played dserver 6 months day and nights and it ruined my life, i escaped by creating a private server....now i am free of mir but still hooked in private mir hosting Izar. From the begining of Izar (1st ktest server then extreme then mir2-net) i ****ed up the life of many ppl with this game...
God forgive me...

Bdw i saw ppl craying at my door for items...is disturbing..

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
went to my cusins 1 day and he was playin it... went home on my 333mhz pc 64mb ram.... 56k... aol (1 month free trial :P) started downloadin mir .... 16 or so hours later ... i ****ed the download up.. sumin to do with my 4gb hd, deleted loads of **** then started downloading it again download finished then i was playin the game for the month... then my aol trial ran out :( then i got freeserve ****ty freeserve... my 333mhz ran mir rlly well for sum reason i cud still own and run rlly fast and that but then i install windows xp on it... hahaha that was the worlds slowest pc... trust me took me about an hour to run from like bw to bw mines >.<

anyway :P

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
my cousin got me started on mir in beta....i played till about...5 days ago when i finally quit euro..ast the great lvl of lvl 39 *_*.

And i 4got how i found this site -.- lol

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
For me it all started in school, i was talking to a m8 of mine about dragonballz for some reason and thats pretty much when we became mates.. b4 that we had nothing in common and didnt really talk lol. Anyway oneday he showed me some screenys of mir and told me 2 join it. which was difficult as i didnt have a computer at the time. But as i so wanted to play mir i actualy saved up and bought a pc *yes just to play mir* It took me a whole day to donwload the mir client the first time as i was on 56k and when i finaly downloaded it i remember opening the game for the first time, i remember thinking how amazing the login screen was for some reason. Back then when i was in game everything looked so great. I remember running from a forest yeti at level 3 and calling for help lol *I asked how to save as well lol ahh good times*. Anyway after a while and two level 30 chars a lvl 40+ friend of mine was telling me about RageZone Server and he really wanted 2 get me into it so i made my first trip to the ragezone forums. and from there .. well it goes unsaid.. but mir ruined my life and if i could go back in time i would kill my m8 b4 he told me about it lol

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
I was browsing the net on my dad's laptop (P3 733, 256MB of ram, 20GB hdd, and 8mb ati video card :ppunk: ) and found an mmorpg named legend of mir on fileplanet. Downloaded it and the rest is history.
Biohazard said:
it was a very cold day in the winter of 2001, when i saw my brother play mir on my dad's laptop, so i gave it a try. didnt know the hell wat a MMORPG was, like mental, and i asked people "how do i save?". lol. then me and my bro shared an acct and i made 1 mil gold by the time i was lvl 3 (found a recovery ring on the floor =D) then i logged on one day and found it....gone....he bought a lvl 23 tao for 500k....then my bro found lomcn. and i did too. the first srvr we played was project 69 =)

I told you I bought it for 1 million and secrectly spent 300k on a 24 wizard.

Ending up losing both characters somehow, got a wizard to 18, left, came back with a warrior to 28, came back again to get to 37, then quit real mir for private servers.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
watched the show when it was on the 2nd week of beta, geoff was talking about some weired event things(omas attacking bw) got my brother to download it in collage played it and played ever since.

then found GG mainai with server files, messed around with them found MSRF and then lomcn.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Toxick said:
watched the show when it was on the 2nd week of beta, geoff was talking about some weired event things(omas attacking bw) got my brother to download it in collage played it and played ever since.

then found GG mainai with server files, messed around with them found MSRF and then lomcn.

That reminds me :P One of the MIR updates (I presume 1.2 - 1.3, or was it 1.3 to 1.4? Anyway) I had my step father download the update and burn it to disk for me. Back then I still was on a 33.6 modem, it would have taken ages.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
man i remember that show, mensioned few times, most notable for me was ruining a show because i kept pking 'carlos' :)

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
Dad told me about GameNetwork (he didn't know about LOM and I asked him for a game channel), saw Legend Of Mir show with their Game Jockeys and Carlito.

Thought "Wow that looks amazing!", got my dad to download it using university's connection (he works there) played to level 18, deleted by accident, started new char got to level 17, deleted by accident, got to level 23, left Euro just before 1.5 patch.

Found LOMCN through EvilEvil, played FrOzEnServer (first server I played - was on for like 20 mins and it went down forever).

Went to Helbreath private server ( www.pk-hq.co.uk ), that went down.

Back to LOMCN and been here ever since.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
How could you delete your caracter by accident? TWO TIMES???

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I found LOMCn through MSRF! and GameGuru i think it was.

Played a private server as Angelll from D Server told me summin about them, so i was intrested in finding out.

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
Gimpasaurus said:
How could you delete your caracter by accident? TWO TIMES???

Lagg on character select screen.

Clicking delete, click OK, char not dissapearing, clicking delete again, click ok, lagg frees up and both chars gone.

:eek:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Pebble said:
Lagg on character select screen.

Clicking delete, click OK, char not dissapearing, clicking delete again, click ok, lagg frees up and both chars gone.

:eek:
Ok, once, fair enough, but twice :P.

godfather

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 4, 2003
scunny
Tenacious, my irl m8 told me about mir, i thought well i'm getting a pc could i hav the link he gave me the link to project69, so i downloaded it got to lvl 38 got banned, started again and so on and from there on i got betta and betta.