Putting myself "out there"

smoochy boys on tour

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I'll keep this short...

I really enjoyed working on Galaxy and getting back into Mir development, I think it's something I'll always enjoy as a hobby, it's a shame Luke disappeared and it all went tits up.

I'm making this post to basically ask if there are any server teams working on a server / thinking about working on one and would be interested in letting me join the team. I'm only interested in working on a fast flowing "high rate" style server that has some low rate features rolled into it. I dont enjoy low rates so i wouldnt enjoy working on one. I think having to grind for days / months to get 0-1 dc is stupid and not my style. I got plenty of ideas that went into Five heroes.. its just a shame that never got released.

Lets keep the silly comments to a minimum, if anyone is interested drop me a private message

Peace.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
You yourself had a set of C# files you were working on. I suppose it go dumped because of bugs. With current fixes from the devs cant you just transfer the server that was nearly done into the new sources?

I highly doubt you will find reliable teams arround that share the same mindset with you. Only chance is if you could work with Killzone (i think he was the one).

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You yourself had a set of C# files you were working on. I suppose it go dumped because of bugs. With current fixes from the devs cant you just transfer the server that was nearly done into the new sources?

I highly doubt you will find reliable teams arround that share the same mindset with you. Only chance is if you could work with Killzone (i think he was the one).
it got dumped because matt didnt wanan invest time into mir.. he lost interest.. custom coded files without the coder jsut dont work. they are way behind the current public release now so no point messing with them.

I did think about transfering to a new source but it would all have to be done by hand manually as the new soruces dont have very good import/export functions.. the galaxy set of files i got ava to code in some import export functions but i dont have the source for that code which is a shame.

Id love to re make OS with the new file set.. I think it could be awesome, OS was massively limited by TDs files and probably the only reason it went offline

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
it got dumped because matt didnt wanan invest time into mir.. he lost interest.. custom coded files without the coder jsut dont work. they are way behind the current public release now so no point messing with them.

I did think about transfering to a new source but it would all have to be done by hand manually as the new soruces dont have very good import/export functions.. the galaxy set of files i got ava to code in some import export functions but i dont have the source for that code which is a shame.

Id love to re make OS with the new file set.. I think it could be awesome, OS was massively limited by TDs files and probably the only reason it went offline

Ben don't use Crystal files, they look cool and all that but when it comes down to pk / pvp warrior are at such a disadvantage its unreal, they can be hit 1/1 by wizz / taoist whilst running that defeats the hole point of even being a warrior if you can't dodge ranged classes attacks ? I'd Personal go with the the files Lapta is using, Res isn's big like 2.3. No bugs, run very smooth.

Just a thought, i really dislike the crystal files being a warrior, i just feel like a high rate would do a hell of a lot better off on a different set of files.

( Killmaster is making a new med rate server maybe talk with him ? )

Tetos

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 8, 2015
hi ben and welcome bk working on servers ..
we all are w8in ur new server to play it lot of my m8s wanted to play a server like 3h 4h osg etc we rally hope 1.9 / 2.3 server , as c files and heroes files are **** for that reasons which piff1 said in his rply , hope to u also if u could make matt hany work with u or u find a gd coder like matt ..
at last good luck bud working on any server that u like to open and we are w8in any thing.

Last edited:

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015

Though about contacting and teaming up with Ava again? as he seems to be a pretty decent coder.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
There is such a gap for a HR server at the moment that I don't think it would really matter what server files you used.

Pick a set of files where you have access to the source, bring up a HR and worry about coding features in at a later date if need be.

Sam

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
There is such a gap for a HR server at the moment that I don't think it would really matter what server files you used.

Pick a set of files where you have access to the source, bring up a HR and worry about coding features in at a later date if need be.

Sam

Maybe you can 'lease' ben your files so he can make us a nice high rate innit?

:)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Sam

I don't think you understand how bad the crystal files are for warrior's. i think you should help them out with tbh warriors on Acem2 was most likely my favourite files to play a warrior on.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I don't think you understand how bad the crystal files are for warrior's. i think you should help them out with tbh warriors on Acem2 was most likely my favourite files to play a warrior on.

I haven't really tried the C# files tbh, I still believe that heroes is probably the best set of open source Mir files available, I mean Arcadia and P69 are both running on the Heroes engine and they are both pretty stable.

Besides, I would have thought that Ben still has access to his old servers sources? Unless Matt never released the source to him.

Sam

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Sam, Difference between Basic Heroes Source and Arcadia + P69 is the many years of Source Development. I would doubt anyone is willing to do the same.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
i would be game, like you i have hundreds of Ideas for a HR, and i always thought we could make something epic, you even used some of my ideas for FH/3H.

How-ever their is no files you could use. their all bugged to **** and not worth the effort, and im too stupid to code.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
What is the problem with your old custom 2.6 Threehero files? Yes they are a bit slower than C# on Windows 7 but other than that i prefered em in every possible way that C# files.

You already had so many things coded in em and you already could do a lot of things even in 2.3 files without the need of coding so i dont see why they cant be used.

Right now there are litterally no HR servers at all even in the upcoming section and it has been like that for a long time so even a simple relaunch of OS 2.3 would work lol. You dont need brand new unique features never seen before to make a successful HR right now. People have really been waiting for anything other a Euro-clone for years so no need to tryhard.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
What is the problem with your old custom 2.6 Threehero files? Yes they are a bit slower than C# on Windows 7 but other than that i prefered em in every possible way that C# files.

You already had so many things coded in em and you already could do a lot of things even in 2.3 files without the need of coding so i dont see why they cant be used.

Right now there are litterally no HR servers at all even in the upcoming section and it has been like that for a long time so even a simple relaunch of OS 2.3 would work lol. You dont need brand new unique features never seen before to make a successful HR right now. People have really been waiting for anything other a Euro-clone for years so no need to tryhard.

you cant use 2.3 .....

So unbalanced, firewall lasts for 6 hours for a start. TDB 100% ignores AC, not to mention every romanian and their mother has cheats for it, and the thousands of other issues.

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
you cant use 2.3 .....

So unbalanced, firewall lasts for 6 hours for a start. TDB 100% ignores AC, not to mention every romanian and their mother has cheats for it, and the thousands of other issues.

Every Romanian cheated on bens last server.... :D TGD etc all had the same one

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Why wouldn't he use C#, its a perfect base to work on and anyone with a bit of patient and half a brain can code C#.

The fact Delphi was even considered better made me laugh (and I'm not saying the language is ****, I'm just saying the Koreans / Chinese can't code for **** and all Delphi sources ever released are absolute dog **** of which are then polished further more with even more dog ****)

You can polish a turd (proven on myth busters) , but at the end of the day, it's still ****

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
You can polish a turd (proven on myth busters) , but at the end of the day, it's still ****

The fact you let them polish you amazes me, its a little too kinky for my liking.

---

Given Bens history I'm sure he can make PVP on Crystal fair.

Aaron and Squall just need to accept unless they want to Code, this is what Mir will be, and if valid comments were put back to the team PvP could be improved via balancing server side.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Why wouldn't he use C#, its a perfect base to work on and anyone with a bit of patient and half a brain can code C#.

The fact Delphi was even considered better made me laugh (and I'm not saying the language is ****, I'm just saying the Koreans / Chinese can't code for **** and all Delphi sources ever released are absolute dog **** of which are then polished further more with even more dog ****)

No offence, Crystal files are DOG **** for game play, look great and all that they run ****, you feel smooth untill somebody casts and soulfireball and hit you mid run, The maps have shitty tiles you get stuck on walls all the time. Much rather heros or the files Mir Revenege are using.

Tell me the point of Ben using the endlessly buggy files that have random crash's etc, when he could pick up hero files bugless, no shitty tiles, everybody knows the bases of them, they are balanced, also hero's are set out perfectly for a high rate, Max luck being 12 etc.

Last edited: