Putting myself "out there"

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
My point was that there is such a big lack of non-euro clones last few years that the files he would use or whether he would code or not new **** its close to irrelevant.

Yes 2.3 have caps and cheats.
Yes in C# files melee pvp is ridiculously crap and cant be fixed with coding its just the way it is. He would have to use something like entrapment/LR to work on players to give melee vs ranged a chance.

We can argue for days and never reach a conclusion. Fact is even if he just launched OS 2.3 or TH 2.6 and it was full of cheats i would play it and possibly most would.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
No offence, Crystal files are DOG **** for game play, look great and all that they run ****, you feel smooth untill somebody casts and soulfireball and hit you mid run, The maps have shitty tiles you get stuck on walls all the time.

Litterally takes 10 minutes to fix the Walk issue with walls, I left it like that on purpose for testing but never got around to adjusting it before releasing.

So because the game is smooth enough to SoulFireBall someone who is running that means the files are ****? Then code in the horrendous delphi logic where that if after the spell delay (Normally 600ms) the target is not within 1 space make it miss.. its that simple.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Putting myself "out there"

Yes I do have the source files and the game files for all my old servers.. I'm not looking to re release an old server but do something new. There;s no fun in putting 3heros online on the 2.6 delphi files and going bam all done..

I still believe c# to be the way forward.. the 100% cast on c# can be sorted as Jamie said with some simple "balance adjustments", i agree there should be some sort of chnace for the spell to miss if target is moving like on delphi.. otherwise once a wiz locks onto u ur pretty much dead. it would be ok if when a warrior locked onto you u was dead but it isnt rly..

Far as I see it the delphi sources are dead.. they have too many cheats in em, they are so out dated that a windows XP machine is required just for them to feel "smooth", and coding on them is a nightmare

I've not played chronicles files for fighting, i think i got to level 4 and gave up as that rly slow paced gameplay just isnt for me.. I did try it and i did honestly want to get to a decent level to experience the files but just didnt have it in me. I'm always open to partnerships ;)

If the goal was to put up a quick high rate server, add in a gameshop and sit back and make money then yes the obvious choice is open 3heros on the custom files and do just that.. but regardless of what people will say, that isnt my goal. I'm doing this as a hobby and purely out of passion for the development and running of a mir server.. i did genuinely enjoy it. The commitment will still be there 100% as with anything I set my mind 2

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Litterally takes 10 minutes to fix the Walk issue with walls, I left it like that on purpose for testing but never got around to adjusting it before releasing.

So because the game is smooth enough to SoulFireBall someone who is running that means the files are ****? Then code in the horrendous delphi logic where that if after the spell delay (Normally 600ms) the target is not within 1 space make it miss.. its that simple.
Join the team!? :encouragement:

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Re: Putting myself "out there"

Yes I do have the source files and the game files for all my old servers.. I'm not looking to re release an old server but do something new. There;s no fun in putting 3heros online on the 2.6 delphi files and going bam all done..

I still believe c# to be the way forward.. the 100% cast on c# can be sorted as Jamie said with some simple "balance adjustments", i agree there should be some sort of chnace for the spell to miss if target is moving like on delphi.. otherwise once a wiz locks onto u ur pretty much dead. it would be ok if when a warrior locked onto you u was dead but it isnt rly..

Far as I see it the delphi sources are dead.. they have too many cheats in em, they are so out dated that a windows XP machine is required just for them to feel "smooth", and coding on them is a nightmare

I've not played chronicles files for fighting, i think i got to level 4 and gave up as that rly slow paced gameplay just isnt for me.. I did try it and i did honestly want to get to a decent level to experience the files but just didnt have it in me. I'm always open to partnerships ;)

If the goal was to put up a quick high rate server, add in a gameshop and sit back and make money then yes the obvious choice is open 3heros on the custom files and do just that.. but regardless of what people will say, that isnt my goal. I'm doing this as a hobby and purely out of passion for the development and running of a mir server.. i did genuinely enjoy it. The commitment will still be there 100% as with anything I set my mind 2

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Join the team!? :encouragement:

I get what your saying, but why start something from scratch, when you possibly have access to the best files about? Just build on them?.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
No offence, Crystal files are DOG **** for game play, look great and all that they run ****, you feel smooth untill somebody casts and soulfireball and hit you mid run, The maps have shitty tiles you get stuck on walls all the time. Much rather heros or the files Mir Revenege are using.

Tell me the point of Ben using the endlessly buggy files that have random crash's etc, when he could pick up hero files bugless, no shitty tiles, everybody knows the bases of them, they are balanced, also hero's are set out perfectly for a high rate, Max luck being 12 etc.

Hero files, bugless? lolololo

Also, don't mention MR again :encouragement:

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I don't really understand the whole C# vs Delphi arguement tbh.

Don't get me wrong C# offers a lot more to a developer in terms of third party tools and IDE's etc, but there isn't much you can do in C# that you can't do in Delphi, also to an end user there is little difference.

The person who designed and developed Delphi was bought out by Microsoft and designed and developed C# so the fundamentals are the same as in they are both an Object Orientated Programming language and they both ultimately compile down to assembly which means their execution time is largely similar.

It really comes down to the developers skill set/preference... Jamie is a C# developer, it is his "native" language so he chose C# to create the files, my native language is Java and I have created different gates for Chronicles that are built in Java (mainly because I wanted them to run on Linux).

Now, when it comes to Delphi Mir verse C# Mir, in my opinion, Delphi Mir is the winner and will always be the winner, the reasons being:
- Original source was built by a whole team of developers.
- The original fundamental baseline source is coded very very very well, it was designed for 56k modems so its network communication is minimal.
- The sources have been around for years (10 years?) in this time a lot of junk has been added, I agreed, however, at the same time a lot of fundamental fixes and patches have also been applied.
- It is "known", and what I mean by this is most of the community has played, ran or helped with a Delphi server and the "look" and "feel" is what the players are accustom to, the C# servers are having to make tweaks and alterations to try and make it feel like a Delphi server.

Like I say this is all opinion based, I am not trying putting the C# sources down because I am impressed with how well they are doing, I am just saying that Delphi is still an active language being worked on by a company called Embarcadero and the Delphi Mir sources are still ahead of the C# sources in terms of security and performance.

Oh and any program that runs natively on your computer can be hacked, cheated or edited so the "no cheats on c#" statement is not necessarily true, there just hasn't been anyone interested enough (yet) to spend the time doing them.

Sam

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
I don't really understand the whole C# vs Delphi arguement tbh.

Don't get me wrong C# offers a lot more to a developer in terms of third party tools and IDE's etc, but there isn't much you can do in C# that you can't do in Delphi, also to an end user there is little difference.

The person who designed and developed Delphi was bought out by Microsoft and designed and developed C# so the fundamentals are the same as in they are both an Object Orientated Programming language and they both ultimately compile down to assembly which means their execution time is largely similar.

It really comes down to the developers skill set/preference... Jamie is a C# developer, it is his "native" language so he chose C# to create the files, my native language is Java and I have created different gates for Chronicles that are built in Java (mainly because I wanted them to run on Linux).

Now, when it comes to Delphi Mir verse C# Mir, in my opinion, Delphi Mir is the winner and will always be the winner, the reasons being:
- Original source was built by a whole team of developers.
- The original fundamental baseline source is coded very very very well, it was designed for 56k modems so its network communication is minimal.
- The sources have been around for years (10 years?) in this time a lot of junk has been added, I agreed, however, at the same time a lot of fundamental fixes and patches have also been applied.
- It is "known", and what I mean by this is most of the community has played, ran or helped with a Delphi server and the "look" and "feel" is what the players are accustom to, the C# servers are having to make tweaks and alterations to try and make it feel like a Delphi server.

Like I say this is all opinion based, I am not trying putting the C# sources down because I am impressed with how well they are doing, I am just saying that Delphi is still an active language being worked on by a company called Embarcadero and the Delphi Mir sources are still ahead of the C# sources in terms of security and performance.

Oh and any program that runs natively on your computer can be hacked, cheated or edited so the "no cheats on c#" statement is not necessarily true, there just hasn't been anyone interested enough (yet) to spend the time doing them.

Sam

There are people who i know of, which have already made cheats for C#.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
1 - Original source was built by a whole team of developers.
2 - The original fundamental baseline source is coded very very very well, it was designed for 56k modems so its network communication is minimal.
3 - The sources have been around for years (10 years?) in this time a lot of junk has been added, I agreed, however, at the same time a lot of fundamental fixes and patches have also been applied.
4 - It is "known", and what I mean by this is most of the community has played, ran or helped with a Delphi server and the "look" and "feel" is what the players are accustom to, the C# servers are having to make tweaks and alterations to try and make it feel like a Delphi server.

I don't agree.
1) The fact that the source was built by a whole team and now recreated recently by one man only proves that the code is based on outdated techniques and tools that are not convenient in modern developing.
2) It can be coded very very very well as you mentioned but we all know how many bugs were present in the official leaks and this bugs where there even though a full team of expert developers generated the code. This doesn't proof the code is any better than C#Mir's.
3) The source code is old.. Jamie proved it can be rewritten much better, with less code and can run more efficiently than the original source
4) I agree that it is known.. The feeling is well known. This is probably the main reason many players do not enjoy C#Mir, because it feels different. At the end of the day it does feel different but just because it is working better and faster than the original.

Also all the complains mentioned regarding the PVP.. many issues can be fixed with just a little balancing while a minor set of them require some code fixes. This doesn't mean they can't be fixed or implemented.

Knowing what Bon released in the past, I am sure he can do great things with C# and if for some strange reason Jamie decides to board on the ship then it could have a great success. After all he know the files inside and out.

Reactions: Tai

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
My brother and I are working on and coding a set of c# files but frankly it's not even remotely playable until 2017.

Creating an enjoyable server (fresh) is important. I think euro content has been done to death and people are fed up with it. People want something new. Custom made maps that make BDD look like crap (doable but extremely time consuming) and new AI's for bosses (For example a boss that makes use of the Zuma's stone/immortal feature or simply a boss that attacks the nearest target and forces you to plan around aggro) are just prime examples. Professions, if done correctly, I think could be amazing for Mir and give the hardcore players something to throw their time into.

So much potential for a Mir server... the c# files allow us to do this and can easily be tweaked to represent how Mir feels on delphi just as easily. No c# server thats been released YET has been bothered or didn't have the coding capabilities to do so or just didn't know how to get the same "Delphi Mir feeling" back, hence people's hesitance towards it.

We should be grateful to Jamie and the developers who've contributed so much to the source to allow us to do this. I know I am.

OT: Ben if the server ever gets to a playable state then you're welcome to help (you and I both know why OS,3h and 4h worked so well) but as I said, come back in a year. Until then feel free to just muck around and release test servers for people to play on. Highrates are a possibility on c# but EVERYTHING would need to be rebalanced around it. I for sure would prefer a med-high rate over a low rate, but doing so requires much more effort as i've already explained in a post somewhere on these forums.

Tetos

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 8, 2015
ben why dont u just reopen 3h or 4h or 5h or osg any one of them would be nice and lot of players are really need to play any server of those four as all servers are **** rly chronicles fkin low rate as fk arcadia almost dead its 70-80 user online 50 of them are stalling in bw and afk and all C-mir just stayin 1 month or less with high count user online then user online become less and less till the game OFF .. we really need a fking high rate server good @pking heroes **** @pking c mir **** @pking try to re open ur old files doing a server like 3h 4h 5h osg and u will find a big success ..

WE REALLY GOT BORED OF THESE **** SERVERS
LF A FKING HIGH RATE SERVER
i had been playing mir for 10 years plus its fkin 1st year i got bored of playing mir we can say since 3h deleted and closed ....................................................................................................

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Well some of you will be glad to know I've successfully transferred all the work done on 5 heros over to the public source and development will continue.

I don't want to give anyone any ideas but we're looking to get the server online asap in its "basic" forms and develop as we go.. its how ive always done my servers so why not continue with that trend.

The full team is back consisting of myself Matt and Hany.

I'm not going to put up 3h / 4h or OS because its an old server on dead source code. The c# source is VERY impressive and is packed full of features, ive only been messing abotu with em for a few days but i just keep finding more and more features.. I can't say any more how impressed I am with the team that's worked on tehse files, good job!

Mystickiller

Bored AF
Golden Oldie
Dec 24, 2003
Minnesota, USA
Hope to see you working on something soon. Tbh chronicles is more of a med rate(ish) currently. See lots of potential in the files just seems to be a lack of releases on the development side. You always had tons of content coming in at a steady rate.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
There is a fundamental difference between the Delphi "Pascal" files and the MS Visual Studio "C#" files and that is the C# files rely on the .Net framework to run whereas the Pascal files don't. They compile into a standalone executable.

I've played servers based on all the files and even the current Korean. They all have their pros and cons.
The basic heroes files look bloody awful in game but when you see something like Arcadia you know what can be achieved.
C# files, being so open and widely worked on offer the chance to recreate much of the original Mir but also allow advances beyond what we all know as the original Mir.
Ruby, which I'm known to be a fan of, also offer the chance to recreate Mir and much of the core code originates from real Mir.
Messing around with Delphi and the phili files does open your eyes to what could be achieved but, like all these files and servers, the main problem is time. Unless you're rolling in it and don't go to work every day, you simply can't find the time to get it all done.

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
Well some of you will be glad to know I've successfully transferred all the work done on 5 heros over to the public source and development will continue.

I don't want to give anyone any ideas but we're looking to get the server online asap in its "basic" forms and develop as we go.. its how ive always done my servers so why not continue with that trend.

The full team is back consisting of myself Matt and Hany.

I'm not going to put up 3h / 4h or OS because its an old server on dead source code. The c# source is VERY impressive and is packed full of features, ive only been messing abotu with em for a few days but i just keep finding more and more features.. I can't say any more how impressed I am with the team that's worked on tehse files, good job!

R.I.P Chronicles 2015-2016

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
R.I.P Chronicles 2015-2016
I doubt that will be the case, Chronicles is quite a well made server, and I'd say the community is still probably very 50/50 on low vs high rate, so unless I was making a low rate that had a ton of custom coded features and around 2-3 years of development behind it i doubt it would kill chronicles.

I'm very much past the childish days of "my server is better than yours", my focus is on my server not what others are doing... I'd love to see the server do well and have 100s of users but I'd be happy if it just had 50+ in all honesty. Lets see wot happens. It's coming together nicely.. I'm just grateful I've been able to pick up all the work i done on 5 heroes about a year ago and convert it into the public source with a few tweaks here and there. Its always good having a base to start from.. like most low rates use euro as their base

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I doubt that will be the case, Chronicles is quite a well made server, and I'd say the community is still probably very 50/50 on low vs high rate, so unless I was making a low rate that had a ton of custom coded features and around 2-3 years of development behind it i doubt it would kill chronicles.

I'm very much past the childish days of "my server is better than yours", my focus is on my server not what others are doing... I'd love to see the server do well and have 100s of users but I'd be happy if it just had 50+ in all honesty. Lets see wot happens. It's coming together nicely.. I'm just grateful I've been able to pick up all the work i done on 5 heroes about a year ago and convert it into the public source with a few tweaks here and there. Its always good having a base to start from.. like most low rates use euro as their base

I can not ****ing wait. Ive been wanting to play mir for ages.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Probably i dont even need to mention this. Advertise and promote the server before bringing it up like you have on the past and if possible even more. Marketing was never your strongest point but please make sure you dont just randomly bring it up "this saturday" or something like that lol. Create some hype.