Monitor TFT (Any Good?)
And Nice Looking PC Case

atm im using just a normal pc from pcworld :P so its kinda ****

Last edited:

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
how the hell is a photo of the computer EVER gna help with a components upgrade??

btw version, thats a SATA hard disk, so if you get that make sure your mobo is SATA compatible

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
unless your computer has already ran out of its warrenty, i wouldnt upgrade, unless you dont mind voiding your 1 year guarentee.

with pcworld you get 2 free repairs/upgrades, if you bought atleast a 3 year warrenty.

Version 1.3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2005
Well i've ordered it lol , so we will see .... my comp is relatvly new so the chances of it being compatible ne diff?

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
lol its probly compatible

LMAO pc world i sadly got my old pc from there, i had a free "health check from there"

it was makin a really abd clicky noise (a psu problem)

they put it on desk looked at it, "yeh its healthy",

asked them if they were gna turn it on, after a few minutes of convincing them to actually check the health of the pc ratehr than its looks, they turned it on,

BANG! lots of smoke and sparks, PSU blew :P:P

you gota love pc world :)

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Ahh, PC World. Gotta love it when an arrogant little salesman underestimates your knowledge.

Especially when he tries to sell a friend of mine a brand new 'high performance' Pentium 4, when we've already requested an AMD64.....

PC World - Where not even the Indians go for computer supplies.

Edit:

Auron, forever better than the guys at PC World:

Attachments

• Noobs.jpg
    Noobs.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 33

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
excuse me. i worked at pcworld for two years. most of us do kno what we're talking about, unless we're short on staff then we usually just send over a cashier :P.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Farril said:
excuse me. i worked at pcworld for two years. most of us do kno what we're talking about, unless we're short on staff then we usually just send over a cashier :P.
You worked there, isn't that enough proof :P

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Farril said:

I've never seen a competent PC World employee. Ever.

I mean, ****, one of them tried to persuade me to buy an iPod because they thought my NW-HD5 was 'unsexy'.

Unsexy? Is that even a word? I happen to LIKE being different, you ****tards.

As you can see, i'm very passionate about my choices ;)

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
PC world staff are idiots... they dont know juack **** about computers, or even what they have in store...

"Do you have these speakers that you have on display"
"No"
"am ok.."

walked out of the store to see that the speakers are on speical offer that week infront of the checkouts....

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
so we make mistakes. we're a multi billion pound company, and have stores throughout europe. doesnt that say something.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Farril said:
so we make mistakes. we're a multi billion pound company, and have stores throughout europe. doesnt that say something.
Seeing as like 70% of computer users think that the computer is the monitor, and the case is just there to look pretty, i'd say it's pretty easy to fool a regular person who walks in and wants to buy something "decent" and worth the money.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Gimpasaurus said:
Seeing as like 70% of computer users think that the computer is the monitor, and the case is just there to look pretty, i'd say it's pretty easy to fool a regular person who walks in and wants to buy something "decent" and worth the money.

if that 70% use a mac then i might believe that figure.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Just think of it this way....

People get payed for their knowledge and they get paid VERY good for their knowledge.

So instead of working in the IT department etc for some corporation with better pay, advancement, and benefits, Bob decides to work at a retail chain store for low pay, bad benefits, and virtually no advancement opportunities...

Still think said employee's are smart?