1.4 - 1.9

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
dont take my word for this but i dont think it can be done .... setup files are similar yer but the coding and everything is different, eg setup.ini script.ini also,

however .... i spose u download urself a set of 1.9 server files and input some of the data from your 1.4 from there, ie npcs maps ect? Then the rest is up to you.

Hope that sorta helps,

Upvote 0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
It is doable, I did this with TUROKEvO. First of all, get the 1.9 files up and running with no problems. Then move things like the NPC's and databases (not the db's from the login or db server folders), then you will have to modify a lot of your NPC scripts, adding bits like "(@buy @sell)" to the top of the npc file, without that, those bits will not work

Upvote 0

[Shadow]

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
Woud like to bump this, i dont get what Senture is saying :s do you have to import EVERYTHING from the 1.4 into the 1.9 DB's? because it wouldn't really work like that

Upvote 0

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
Woud like to bump this, i dont get what Senture is saying :s do you have to import EVERYTHING from the 1.4 into the 1.9 DB's? because it wouldn't really work like that

no you cant just tranfere everything although you can tranfere a lot of the 1.4 stuff a lot has to be re-written.

What senture is saying is that most of your npc scripts from 1.4 will have to be alterd to work with 1.9 as there are new instructin lines that have to go at the top of the scripts for them to work, this is a time consuming part also some script may have to be totaly redone as some npc sripts dont just use the Market Def folder they use common folder in quest diary

Upvote 0

[Shadow]

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
Is there no way of transfering all the map info and co ords etc into the MYSQL or a way of making it read it from the txt file?

Upvote 0