1.8x exploits?

Join Discord

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
Hi i've been told there's a massive exploit in the 1.8x versions. Can anyone give details on how/what it is. My server's almost ready to go up but would like to fix any problems before it goes live.

EMPEROR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
You are using Micks files? Last time i went on there, am sure its safe too run now.. Not sure tho.

Check Shops..Make sure they sell for less then you buy, There was a Item you could buy then sell and earn money doing so.

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
hmm ok, I was under the impression it was something to do with the master/trainer npc

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
well ive noticed on dsm, the npc says hes disabled due to exploiters

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
there are exploits we found over time which i will not go into details about.

The files i released are older than my current running ones.

I would suggest you remove the sell from all NPC`s and use a fence NPC thats in view in town to sell to.

there may be others but i plugged many.

Student master can be abused but i removed it from mine, check the version you have.

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
no offence but that's not a lot of help. I can't even begin to try fixing things if I don't know what's broken. I'd also like 2 keep the sell feature to their respected npc's.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
There are alot of exploits available, most npcs can be exploited easily and if you want information to fix it get it private if people posted it publicly everyone would be doing it...

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
considering there is only 1 1.8 server atm, I hardly see the problem

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Hmm does it stop people exploiting SRO becuase there is only one server? Does it stop people exploiting WoW becuase there is only one server? maybe divided servers but people still exploit just becuase there is one you want us to release information on how to do it? You have no clue even if you did know how to you couldn't fix it properly so stfu no cheats/exploits will be posted.

EMPEROR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Off course you don't post exploits! What you thinking sumfuka lol.. Everyone will know how to exploit woool if you do so and i really dont want that.

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
Hmm does it stop people exploiting SRO becuase there is only one server? Does it stop people exploiting WoW becuase there is only one server? maybe divided servers but people still exploit just becuase there is one you want us to release information on how to do it? You have no clue even if you did know how to you couldn't fix it properly so stfu no cheats/exploits will be posted.

you missed my point completely. I'm just trying to fix potential problems before my server goes live. Atm no one is willing to share just what the problem is with the 1.8 server files. Saying remove the sell feature from npc's is to vague.

Also the master/trainer is a great feature in the game, it gives players a sense of achievement and is nice to help others out.

like most games there are things that can be easley exploited and things that only the hardened and clued up with be able to do. The harder things become the more risk's involved. Fixing the smaller things will at least give my a chance to control just what players are doing.

there's no wonder the woool section on here is dead with the kind of rude responses that are churned out. Hell you wouldn't build a house knowing the foundations were inadaquet.

wont be posting again so gfu

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
It cannot be fixed without extra coding into the delphi source which are based on mir sources so pick it up and start coding and find the problems no one will post exact ways to exploit npcs just so you can fix them.