[2.3] 2.3 command for taking Firewall out of Sabuk

smoochy boys on tour

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
There is a mapinfo option NOFIREWALL but I think this is only in Ruby. Heroes also has a variant.
However, I'm pretty sure 2.3 does't have the same. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
You have to remove the skill from the player when they teleport onto a map, and re-add it when they @town or TownTeleport or whatever (Regarding they don't already have the skill)

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
You have to remove the skill from the player when they teleport onto a map, and re-add it when they @town or TownTeleport or whatever (Regarding they don't already have the skill)

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
I'm not saying it wouldn't or couldn't work but there's no way I'd employ that method.

Upvote 0

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
can do it using map quest, check for skill & level then add name list. Then on exit from palace restore it using same method.
Can also check on death in qmanage or function in case player dies while inside. Then you could either disable tt inside or write your own in q function with a custom usable item you'd have to replace the standard tele scrolls state in your db can't remember off hand the number for usable items but won't be hard to find.

A Lot of scripting but it is possible....

Upvote 0