[2.3] MiR II The Awakening

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
LEVEL 30 START
Experience Rate
Leveling from 30-70 will be the same as leveling from 5-45 on euro.
Please take into consideration the many features that increase experience such as experiencepotions, epic and heroic dungeons providing greater experience and also many instances, challenges and quests giving experience rewards. This will make the 'grind' a little less of a grind, but I hope for a long term server.

TOWN SETUP
Will have all the old towns from euro, rearranged slightly. Each with a level cap to enter. I know people hate level-caps but I think they way this is worked it will allow you time to experience all the content in one area before moving onto the next. Each town offers a unique feature aswell as unlocking solo and group instances aswell as new Normal, Heroic and Epic caves to hunt in that level range.

CAVE SETUP
There are three types of caves to hunt in.
Normal Caves, contain the most basic of mobs giving the most basic of experience and item drops.
Epic Dungeons, one in each town will provide users with better experience and rarer item drops from the monsters. They also come with unique triggers enabling certain things to occur on maps.
Heroic Dungeons, also one in each new town unlocked these provide the best gold and experience for players. However more often than not it will require a group to make your way through the dungeon. To enter the Heroic Dungeons you are required to have a minimum amount of Honor Points.

ITEM SETUP
Over each 10 levels their are sets of 'basic' items, these come more often than not with 1 stat at a balance with where you hunt, so DC,SC,MC items.
However due to the Sub-class system many classes have two different types of classes spells, therefore their are 3 new 'basic' items... SC/DC, SC/MC and DC/MC.
For example, level 31 rings have these stats...
Only SC.Ring SC0-4
Only DC.Ring DC0-5
Only MC.Ring MC0-4
MC and SC.Ring MC0-3 SC0-2
MC and DC.Ring MC0-2 DC1-3
DC and SC.Ring SC0-2 DC0-4
Aswell as this change, Armour have also been changed slightly.
Instead of each class having an single class armour every level, the most basic Armours have either AC or AMC - a fairly decent amount. There are AC/AMC Armours aswell, but they are rare and with balanced AC/AMC stats.
There are also DC/SC/MC only armours for those who prefer damage over defense, especially for a good Bichon brawl.
My plan with items on this server was to allow people to build decent kits, from all kinds of items. Rather than having SET after SET of ****ty items with only a ac1-1 amc1-1 dc1-1 change, or something like that.
There will be no item sets, to the extent of the unimaginative servers that have gone before - their will be small sets of items from Instances but they wont have every item avaliable.
Epic items, are the items that come from the harder boss mobs in the Epic Dungeons, or from Instances and Quests. These often have more than one singular stat, such as AC/MC or DC/ACC and will have base stats also - something the basic items don't have.
Heroic items, these are the items that have the best stats ingame. They will often come with 2-3 stats such as AC/MC/ManaRegen... something worth hunting for and having as part of your characters item setup.
Hopefully with the amount of items you will never be bored in kit building for specific dungeons or in PVPs.

HONOR POINTS
These are obtained when you level up. Each level provides you with one Honor point. Certain quests, instances and challenges allow you to gain more. They are required to enter the Heroic Dungeons.
You do not loose Honor Points from entering dungeons, they are only a counter - so you will need the exact amount of Honor to enter that Dungeon. Once you have that amount of Honor, you will always have it.
Honor Points will also be connected to the Sub-class System.

SUB-CLASS SYSTEM
Probably the biggest feature on the server and hopefully the one that will attract the most players. Obviously it has been done before countless times, but like every time before this is different.
I wanted to make it interesting to play mir again, therefore each Sub-class (of which their are 9, 3 choices for each class) comes with its on unique set of spells.
Although their are no new spells, spell names have been changed and certain spell strengths adjusted dependant on the Sub-class you choose.
I wanted something different, so i've pretty much weaved each classes spells into different characters.
You will be able to select your Sub-class at level 35.
You will recieve a ClassCircle when you select your sub-class.
This item will pertain to the stats your class will benefit from spell damage wise, it will also evolve as the character levels.

Warriors get to select from Barbarian, Hunter or Knight.
Barbarian: Greatest damage dealer close combat.
Hunter: Deals close combat damage, also magic damage from arrows.
Knight: High defense stats, deals ok damage close combat.

Wizards get to select from Arcanist, Envoker or Warlock.
Arcanist: Greatest magic damage dealer, all spells powerful.
Envoker: Relies on defense to stay alive long enough to deal damage, aslo has summonable pets.
Warlock: Uses both magic and soul damage, in use of poisons and summoning of a demon to aid in battle.

Taoists get to select from Paladin, Priest or Shaman.
Paladin: Deals great close combat damage, has high defense and a heal.
Priest: Only class with substantial heals, also has a Deva to help in pvp/pve.
Shaman: Uses mainly magical spells, relating to the elements - also has a poison and also class with AMC buff.

SUB-CLASS BENEFITS
Each class comes with a specific 'benefit' they can recieve from their Sub-class trainer.
Barbarians can purchase Elixers that increase DC.
Arcanists can purchase Charms that increase MC.
Paladins can purchase Shards that increase SC.
Knights can purchase Insignias which are small dur Torches with stats.
Priests can purchase Blessings which provide a small EXPRATE buff.
Warlocks can purchase Chants that increase all SC/DC/MC.
Hunters can purchase a Mastery : Summons 1 pet.
Envokers can purchase [Trap]Soul : Summons 1 pet.
Shamans can purchase a Totem : Summons 1 Totem.
All these will aid in making the Sub-classes that more unique and powerful in different areas of gameplay.

INSTANCES
Each day you will be able to participate in a Solo Instance and a Group Instance in each of the towns you have unlocked.
For now you will have unlimited attempts at these instances, but if the usercount is promising I may limit it to one attempt per-day - so everyone gets to experience this content.
You will be reward with fairly decent items, selected at random upon completion of the Instance.

BOUNTY HUNT
A daily quest of sorts which requires you to collect one item and bring it back to the Bounty located in Bichon. There are 7 Bounties, one for each day of the week.
Each with seperate rewards.

SABUK WALL
Will be a part of the game, won't be able to fight for it til after level 40.
The area required to hunt/submit the Relic requires that level.
Benefits will be a bonus EXP daily and access to your very own Sabuk Instance.

GUILDS
Same as every other server, as many players as you like.
Guilds can be made with WThorn and 1mil.
Cant be created til level 35.

ETA: September.

If anyone is interested in helping me test a few features, feel free to message me on the forums.

store1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2011
ye i will like to help u in test mate i have been looking for a new server for a bit and this sounds good thanks

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Will the purchasable items that sub classes get be tradeable? I forsee people making a Priest to buy exprate buffs and then trading to their main char, same for torches and dc buffs etc

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Will the purchasable items that sub classes get be tradeable? I forsee people making a Priest to buy exprate buffs and then trading to their main char, same for torches and dc buffs etc

Yes. I was kind of hoping people would sell/trade them between each of the classes.
However the EXPBUFF will give one EXPRATE for Priests and another for any other class.

At the moment certain prices are set at, some will call ridiculous prices. Until I can see how much gold is brought into game.
The most basic items for each class are set at a reasonable price for what they offer.
But you definately won't be buying the best EXPRATE as soon as you start. Plus they only last 10-15minutes.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Always liked your servers. You did MiGHT i believe, really cool server. Then I can't for the life of my remember your other one. Cyrus! Checked all the threads you made.

Anyways I've kinda gone off mir but I'm actually tempted to give this a shot as I like the way you roll, n word (Y).

Mikey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2011
Sounds interesting.
Would you be able to pay to change your subclass? (ive never played a server with subclasses before so dunno what'll work best lol)

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
At least a wiz who has gone full damage will wanna group a priest and level him A) for teh epic heals an B) he can buy exp rates they can both use

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
This server still in the making or dead?

Still going strong. Wasnt a large interest in it when i made the advert so I just kept working on it, probably double the amount of content now since I made the original post. Unsure of a release as of yet though.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Your sig says 11 - 11 - 11 So im asuming in 3 Days? Unless it's on about the movie but why would it say "Let the journey begin."?:p

Any how good luck to server.

-Ash

SynteX

I own myself
Supporter
Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
World Of Mir
Sound really interesting man.. start at level 30 and can choose subclasses..

am waiting for this =D

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Any chance you can bump it to 2.6 as we hardly have any 2.6's if so, i dare say people will help you out if needing.

if not then it would be cool to try.

Im not familiar with the 2.6 format but have to say im more comfortable on the 2.3s.
I hope to release a few things that havent been done before... and put a new spin on ALOT of others.
I think i'm pushing 2.3 to its limits, but it should be fun!