Solved 2.6 Map Help Plz

Dimebag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2011
How do you make it so you can fish on new maps ???

I have allowed it in the map.info file , but when i try to fish nothing happens i opened up a few old maps ans in the water they have white * on all of the blue water tiles how do i add these ?? im guessing it will fix the problem..?

Also how do you add big maps???

help appreiciated

thanx

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
With a map editor which supports adding the white * not sure that we have one though?

Maybe [MENTION=12653]SmavidDavid[/MENTION] will know.

Upvote 0

Dimebag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2011
hmm well iv got 2 versions of map edit

mapedit 1.1 and MapEditNewFormat

but when adding objects in the new version they have multicolour tiles under the added object so what iv been doing is making the maps in the old editer an converting them as u cant use the old maps on 2.6 iv had a poke around in the add atrribute and the only thing i can fin that adds the * is light but im unsure if this allows you to enable fishing

have you any ideas on adding th big province maps i know how to add mini maps successfully but not a clue on these

Upvote 0

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
The light is the correct method of adding fishing. The light levels need to be 100 or 101. Depending on the style River/ocean, i cannot remember which one is which though.

A quick way of doing this is make up a block consisting of 5 stars in each direction
eg;

or

The bold being where you click. You could do this with one, but i like to keep mine similar to korean where they go back abit more than 1 spot ( i think otherwise players may have to click directly on rivers edge.

As you go to place them turn on attributes and click away on the edge attribute, not the river line. If theres a blank square of attributes infront of light it will not work.

Regarding big maps, i think they are 25% or 15%? of the minimap? Im not sure there, i never do that side of map making :L

Hope this helps! I would go into it more on fishing, but i got manflu so im back to bed.

Thanks [MENTION=947]Tai[/MENTION] for tag!! i feel soo loved! <3

Upvote 0

Dimebag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2011
Yer after messing about for almost 3hrs in mapedit i figured it out but i didnt know you could create it so you could mass fill a area!! Iv been sat clicking each square!!!!! but hey u eventually learn these thing cheers for info guys!! Oh is there any idea on making big province maps yet??

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Problems solved nice1 lads im just a retard that doesnt read properly haha cheers :)

Upvote 0